Herb-nerd

7th Floor: Engineer & Designer
Company Rep
Hi fellas :) !
I'm a happy owner of an ssv standard wand and heater cover.
I absolutely love it , but summer is coming and i'd love to get some ice/cold vape session.
Instead of using it with the hose, i'd love to manipulate it handeld , a bit like the Vrip-tech wand or the LSV, directly on a bowl, mounted on a small bong.

Does someone knows a glass bowl that would fit the standard heater cover just fine , with a 18 or 14mm joint, allowing to load a descent amount of grass?

I currently have no time to check the 256 pages of this thread , so please forgive me if I missed something :)
Thx
The LSV seems more suited to what you want
m7o72Lz.jpg

IT has a spherical heatercover with a 199mm GG inside fitting which allows it to be used with both 19mm male joints and spherical joints.
Pictured above is my LSV on a 19mm male joint of an elev8 cross eyed diffuser.
I load a basket into the male joint like so; (to enable fast and efficient hits with small bowls)
Pex5Et5.jpg

Though you can also get the water pipe adapter for the LSV and utilize the spherical heatercover of the outside surface to use it just like the vrip-tech wand you mentioned.

grokit

well-worn member
Okay yeah me too :tup:
7th floor has drastically raised their mailing rates, here's my experience.

I went to order a shorty wand for $20, and the cheapest shipping option from them was the mail, $17. Bear in mind that this could be sent via priority mail in a free small flat rate box for >$6, or via 1st-class mail for about half of that. So instead of ordering a shorty wand from them for $37 I got a new standard wand off flea bay for $22 shipped, very disappointed that they would rather sell wholesale for much cheaper, then mark shipping WAY UP for their loyal retail customers. So I saved $15 by ordering it elsewhere, wtf.

Last edited:

Raskin666

Doom Walrus
7th floor has drastically raised their mailing rates, here's my experience.

I went to order a shorty wand for $20, and the cheapest shipping option from them was the mail, $17. Bear in mind that this could be sent via priority mail in a free small flat rate box for >$6, or via 1st-class mail for about half of that. So instead of ordering a shorty wand from them for $37 I got a new standard wand off flea bay for $22 shipped, very disappointed that they would rather sell wholesale for much cheaper and then mark shipping WAY UP for their loyal retail customers. So I saved $15 by ordering it elsewhere, wtf.

Agreed. I would much rather pay them directly but the shipping is absolutely outlandish and I end up going to other sites. Bad business in my opinion, otherwise they would get more orders from me.

Love 7th Floor, but I'm not an idiot. I'm not paying crazy shipping rates when I don't have to at all

Herb-nerd

7th Floor: Engineer & Designer
Company Rep
Agreed. I would much rather pay them directly but the shipping is absolutely outlandish and I end up going to other sites. Bad business in my opinion, otherwise they would get more orders from me.

Love 7th Floor, but I'm not an idiot. I'm not paying crazy shipping rates when I don't have to at all
Noted

Ill pass these comments on, we don't want to be unfair!
Ill try and ensure this is addressed and you guys are informed

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
@Herb-nerd, perhaps also look into having another "official name" for the WPA?

My local retailer refuses to stock the WPA because anything related to bongs is pretty illegal here...
They stock VXL hydratubes, so IMO they're goddamn dumb-shits for not having the LSV WPA, but I guess having "water pipe" in the name is just too explicit?

"Modular Transfer Wand Adapter" or something?

Meh, it probably wouldn't make a difference, it's just pretty annoying to have the only retailer I know of in AUS for 7th floor gear not stock the WPA...

It basically makes the WPA too expensive for me to buy...
$15 for 5 M2M adapters from dhgate, or $40+ for a single stock WPA is an annoyingly easy decision...

It almost seems better value to just buy another LSV and try to flip it without the WPA :lol:

Re. Shipping, I've raised a similar issue in the past with intl shipping, it used to be $50+ no matter how small the package (making a single WPA $80+ for me :o), but 7th floor were happy to give me a far more reasonable shipping option, and they have since added a $20 flat rate shipping option for smaller items.

I'm sure they'll figure something out :)

Edit:
My bad, thought we were in the LSV thread :\

Raskin666

Doom Walrus
Noted

Ill pass these comments on, we don't want to be unfair!
Ill try and ensure this is addressed and you guys are informed
Would be much appreciated! I prefer to order from the source and like to directly support 7th Floor.

I already own LSV, custom wands, SSV, and am still looking at vapor tamer, oil kit, shorty wand. Keep up the good work!

New_World

Cuck Fombustion
@Herb-nerd, perhaps also look into having another "official name" for the WPA?

My local retailer refuses to stock the WPA because anything related to bongs is pretty illegal here...
They stock VXL hydratubes, so IMO they're goddamn dumb-shits for not having the LSV WPA, but I guess having "water pipe" in the name is just too explicit?

"Modular Transfer Wand Adapter" or something?

Meh, it probably wouldn't make a difference, it's just pretty annoying to have the only retailer I know of in AUS for 7th floor gear not stock the WPA...

It basically makes the WPA too expensive for me to buy...
$15 for 5 M2M adapters from dhgate, or $40+ for a single stock WPA is an annoyingly easy decision...

It almost seems better value to just buy another LSV and try to flip it without the WPA :lol:

Re. Shipping, I've raised a similar issue in the past with intl shipping, it used to be $50+ no matter how small the package (making a single WPA $80+ for me :o), but 7th floor were happy to give me a far more reasonable shipping option, and they have since added a $20 flat rate shipping option for smaller items.

I'm sure they'll figure something out :)

Edit:
My bad, thought we were in the LSV thread :\

an LSV with out a WPA is like a bird without wings.

zor

PSA that you all may already be aware of but I was not.

I recently got a glass bubbler and hooked up both of my wands (for concentrates and for flower) to it with excellent results. I did not realize, however, of the blowback or negative pressure generated by the bubbler due to the water settling down and pushing the air from SSV -> Bubbler back to the SSV. This effect, when using a wand that has some herb packed in, pushed a few flecks of flower out of the open end of the wand and into the heat cover. Eventually, either enough accumulated or enough force was generated to send some particles into the heating element, they combusted and an inadvertent draw caused even more combustion in the wand.

UGH. RIP tubing, that shit got so fouled up it wasn't worth cleaning. No major issues or any permanent damage/staining/whatever, it was just an annoying inconvenience to clean up, but I figure my lesson could be of worth to other users.

chimpybits

PSA that you all may already be aware of but I was not.

I recently got a glass bubbler and hooked up both of my wands (for concentrates and for flower) to it with excellent results. I did not realize, however, of the blowback or negative pressure generated by the bubbler due to the water settling down and pushing the air from SSV -> Bubbler back to the SSV. This effect, when using a wand that has some herb packed in, pushed a few flecks of flower out of the open end of the wand and into the heat cover. Eventually, either enough accumulated or enough force was generated to send some particles into the heating element, they combusted and an inadvertent draw caused even more combustion in the wand.

UGH. RIP tubing, that shit got so fouled up it wasn't worth cleaning. No major issues or any permanent damage/staining/whatever, it was just an annoying inconvenience to clean up, but I figure my lesson could be of worth to other users.
Yeah, to avoid this while inhaling you should first remove the wand from the heater, then the whip from the bubbler, then clear it. Anytime you stop inhaling while both ends of the whip are connected (one end to the heater and the other to the bubbler), you will get blowback.

grokit

well-worn member
Yeah, to avoid this while inhaling you should first remove the wand from the heater, then the whip from the bubbler, then clear it. Anytime you stop inhaling while both ends of the whip are connected (one end to the heater and the other to the bubbler), you will get blowback.
Thanks, I've had this issue with my lsv w/ssv-hc/wand setup and have been thinking it had something to do with breath control, but this makes more sense:science:

shredder

Yeah, I just disconnect the wand from the SSV and clear it. Takes some planning ahead to ensure there's enough lung capacity :)

I've been vaping pretty much exclusively since January, and I noticed lately my lung capacity seems higher. I notice it in times just like this. Must be all the practice I get.

shredder,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Skyscraper

I just traded a DBV for a SSV. I fiddled with the vape and cracked the heater cover. While waiting for another, I vaped a couple bowls with the broken heater cover flipped upside down (to make a smooth connection) that vaped pretty well and I didn't have to use a high temp. With the new heater cover the herb is gold and green. The hits are good but not like DBV, and I've been using the SSV on max. I can only get my herb a green and gold color instead of a solid gold or brown ABV.

What's going on? Can anyone with both of these units are other experience weigh in on this? I like the looks of the SSV but want it to perform.

Is it maybe my herb and I need to get a VaporBros. mini whip or something?

grokit

well-worn member
I just traded a DBV for a SSV. I fiddled with the vape and cracked the heater cover. While waiting for another, I vaped a couple bowls with the broken heater cover flipped upside down (to make a smooth connection) that vaped pretty well and I didn't have to use a high temp. With the new heater cover the herb is gold and green. The hits are good but not like DBV, and I've been using the SSV on max. I can only get my herb a green and gold color instead of a solid gold or brown ABV.

What's going on? Can anyone with both of these units are other experience weigh in on this? I like the looks of the SSV but want it to perform.

Try pulling the heating element up higher inside the heater cover?

Skyscraper

Ok, I removed the heater cover and the element appeared to be all the way up. I slid it down a little and back up. It does not reach all the way to the top of the bend in the heater cover, but it is at the same level as the hole where you place the wand.

I'll try it out tomorrow and see if I get better results.

420engineer

my SSV will combust of I let it; what sort of glass seal are you using? I use an elbow joint with a ground glass element cover, which is almost air tight.

420engineer,

max

Out to lunch

I used the SSV for years w/standard HC and never, ever turned it up past 3 o'clock (with a 'turn on' at about 7-8). You should definitely not be getting undercooked herb at max temp.

As for the DBV, big hits were also easily available, although the wider opening in the HC made for hits not quite as high in vapor/air ratio, but the gong connection made 'em more predictable. As for temp settings, both models should behave in a similar fashion, since the heater and electronics are the same for both models.

shredder

I bought mine used at a rummage sale. It needed a wand and the heater was low in the heater cover. Anyway the heater was easy to pull up, and it runs much better now. Actualy it runs great, lol. Be gentle, but give the heater a little pull up, while wiggling it as you pull. When you get the heater situated it will run just like the rest of ours. Mine stays on 11-11:30.

Skyscraper

Currently, the tip of the heating element meets the elbow of the heater cover. I fiddled with it a little, but it seems to be as high as it can go. I'll try and adjust it when the vape is off.

Right now I'm getting good hits of mostly blue vapor at 1 o' clock or a little more. Compared to DBV, the SSV vapor is smoother and gives a more golden roast than brown, which has me thinking the edibles from this will be great.

I replaced the screen that came in the wand with one that fit the ground glass DBV wand, which I think is smaller than what 7th floor sells for standard wands (15.8 cm compared to 14.8) and that may be have an effect? With a larger screen I can dome it slightly and get the whole bowl closer to the heat while also getting a better fit

smolderson_bud

Not sure where to look for this kind of thing (searched, but no-go), so...

With the SSV (and I suppose other vaporizers that have a tube with glass wand and mouthpiece), what do you do with it when you set it down, between draws?

Also, where and how do you store it between sessions (understanding that, with some, need/usage is high enough to warrant never 'putting it away')?

Up to this point, I simply lay it down on my desk in front of me with the wand end (the part that meets up to the heater cover) sitting on a glass ashtray.....and I just pick it up whenever I need to take a draw.

The problem though is that it is noisy and clinks and clanks every time I go to set it down. So, I know it's glass-on-glass clanking, but it would melt the desk and anything else I can think of to set it on.
What do you guys do?

smolderson_bud,

grokit

well-worn member

With the SSV (and I suppose other vaporizers that have a tube with glass wand and mouthpiece), what do you do with it when you set it down, between draws?

Also, where and how do you store it between sessions (understanding that, with some, need/usage is high enough to warrant never 'putting it away')?

Up to this point, I simply lay it down on my desk in front of me with the wand end (the part that meets up to the heater cover) sitting on a glass ashtray.....and I just pick it up whenever I need to take a draw.

The problem though is that it is noisy and clinks and clanks every time I go to set it down. So, I know it's glass-on-glass clanking, but it would melt the desk and anything else I can think of to set it on.
What do you guys do?
Load one-hitters, tap it out in a rubber ashtray problem solved :tup:

31l9CbpMq3L.jpg

Vitolo

Vaporist

What do you guys do?
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/silver-surfer-vaporizer.2/page-86#post-4159

smolderson_bud

Load one-hitters, tap it out in a rubber ashtray problem solved :tup:

31l9CbpMq3L.jpg

1. What's a one-hitter in this context?
2. Do they have some kind of rubber or other that is safe to put really hot things on it without melting or out-gassing anything crazy?

I'm sorry if I missed it, but how does this relate to what I'm asking about? I clicked on the link, and it brought up another post on this forum, but it doesn't say anything about what I asked about in the message of mine that you quoted.

I would love to hear more about it, or point me in the right direction to get the part you were intending me to look at.

Top Bottom