p1ssbucket

I actually wanted this because the nano is too efficient for me sometimes. Sometimes I just want more :)

What size screens do you need if you want to make baskets for a SSV wand it's definitely thicker than a nano stem...

p1ssbucket,

grokit

well-worn member
I have read some reviews about the 29mm fatty wands and it sounds like people don't like them. Is there anyone in here that does have a good experience with the bigger wands? Or is the stock one the way to go?

I might buy a ground glass kit, but I think I will play with the standard one and get used to it first.

The standard ssv wand (non gg like I sent you) is as small as I like to go, but this is a very individual choice and it really depends on your personal preferences. I also have the vapor bros mini-wand with some e-nano screens (@steama in this what you meant?), it can be used with the standard hc and has been mentioned it gives the user log-like efficiency. I have a hard time getting medicated from hits that small (logs in general) but it's nice to have this option, especially when I want to lower my tolerance for whatever reason. Overall I seem to prefer the standard gg kit, but I would still like to try the spherical gg setup at some point.

p1ssbucket

@grokit as I have a log which I love but feel the loads are too small for me to be medicated. I am really glad to hear this from you. I will probably buy one of these vapor bros whips As it seems like a popular mod around here.

I usually hit my logs when I want flavor more than to get heavily medicated ;)

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I believe @Tweak is using a basket screen.

Yup, an EQ screen w/ metal ring removed. I was using an adjustable basket screen before the e-nano was on the market, :D.

I find the VB mini too restricting because it narrows the load, while the EQ screen + standard allows for log size loads (and bigger) that are wider than they are deeper, keeping the original unrestricted airflow of the standard wand. And you can direct the SSV standard HC, so you can work your way around the entire load, instead of just the top of the load.

Funny though I've been using my JoDa SSV GonG as a very short wand/stem and like it tons better than the VB mini, yet it's the same ID. Maybe it's the way the VB mini tapers to a small hole.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
My poor log has been shut off since my mighty arrived... And now this!

Same here. I've fired mine up a few times, but for only one session and it's back on the shelf. :cool: I feel bad, my poor nano is always cold. At least she doesn't take up much room, :p.

I use the Vapor Brothers Standard Whip with the SSV standard heater cover and SSV tubing. It is larger than the VB mini whip (which is too small imo) but smaller than the SSV wand. I think it is the perfect size for use with a basket screen set-up. :)

IDK why but I always thought the standard VB wands where the same exact size as the SSV whip. Thanks for sharing.

Just got some new glass from JoDa that is about the size ID that you describe, and I agree, the size is just perfect. :tup: Bigger than the e-nano (10mm) but smaller than the SSV wand (12mm). It's amazing how much a couple millimeters make. I can pack a nano size load and leave it loose for better airflow, :clap:, or pack it tighter for longer session.

I7zAP85l.jpg

I Highly recommend, the SSV whip even fits into the GG for both a wand and GonG. Really thick glass too.

p1ssbucket

I thought about buying a vapor bros wand but I had a spare tube and mouthpiece on hand, and I remembered I had this Nano stem I never used...

It was a really well made stem, but I didn't like it on the nano. I like bent stems like the solo for dry hits. IMO too many particulates get in your mouth.

Well it fit the hose fine, although I could probably stretch it over if I heated up the tube first, this was just for testing. But it worked great for smaller loads than the stock stem. No need for a vapor bros wand here, this stock nano stem does the job quite well. Can get about three very fat hits in for very small loads. (Edit: definitely more than three very fat and tasty hits when inverted the basket and pushed it in a little farther!)

Gonna place another order at 7th floor despite their high shipping costs, I prefer hitting dry with the angled 18mm adapter.

Since taking the below picture I have added an extra sleeve of wider silicone tubing over the part where the red tube goes into the wand.

This is really surprisingly nice for small loads while the stock wand is great for getting ripped off a fat load.

Blackberry x Fire alien OG in the Nano Wand :)
yxM0nye.png

You. Can see it's a little cramped where the hose goes into the nano stem. I want to get a wider tube for it but I am afraid it would not fit on the mouthpiece/WPA.

Last edited:
p1ssbucket,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

emoji

!!

So the oil heater cover works with the standard GG wands? I read in another thread someone was using as their daily driver heater cover, able to drop in dabs or just use it for flowers. Can anyone confirm that this works, and is it still a similar experience for flowers?

http://silversurfervap.com/index.ph...ers/ground-glass/flavor-oil-heater-cover.html

I'm really thinking about ordering a SGG but I already have a GG wand/standard cover and wand so I'd almost rather just get a mini wand and the oil cover if that really works.

Thanks!

emoji,

zor

Yeah, I've used the same wand for flowers and wax (the SSV wand which comes with the oil kit) but have to change the heater cover as I find the oil kit heat cover to be miserably useless for vaping flowers, I can't get much heat from it. So, the wand remains static but the heat cover changes, the wand fits nicely in both covers.

zor,

emoji

ah butts, ok. I was hoping that the heater cover with the cap would provide sufficient heat for flowers so I don't have to power off the unit and wait for it to cool. Have you found the oil kit works well for it's designated use?

emoji,

zor

Well, bear in mind this is just my experience, YMMV :) The oil kit cover doesn't stay on very firmly, and it rocks around a bit so it may just be a matter of fiddling around with it more to get it to heat flowers better. Using it with concentrates, however, is fantastic! I've only been working with waxes and such since Jan/Feb, but my friend's brother was visitng from Denver and he's quite seasoned with shatter/wax and he loved it. I'm a big fan of it for both flowers and waxes but need to change covers as necessary.

zor,

p1ssbucket

Last night I tried heating up one end of a whip in boiling water but could not get it to stretch over the nano stem. I thought about ordering some thicker tubing to fit on but would be worried it wouldn't fit on the SSV WPA.

Is it possible to stretch the SSV whip? It's like exactly as wide as the nano stem and I can't get it to fit over it and I get kinda crappy airflow when it's bent over itself. Inside the stem.

p1ssbucket,

emoji

Last night I tried heating up one end of a whip in boiling water but could not get it to stretch over the nano stem. I thought about ordering some thicker tubing to fit on but would be worried it wouldn't fit on the SSV WPA.

Is it possible to stretch the SSV whip? It's like exactly as wide as the nano stem and I can't get it to fit over it and I get kinda crappy airflow when it's bent over itself. Inside the stem.

I've gotten the tube to go over a 14.4 male joint (about the same as the tube). I used some scissors on the inside to stretch the end. After getting it on the first time it goes on a lot easier.

grokit

well-worn member
:hmm:
I always thought that the clear ssv tubing is pure silicone, and the colored stuff is some kind of vinyl formula. But I believe I was corrected by somebody that thought both were silicon when I brought this up before. So my take is the colored stuff is a vinyl/silicon blend. At least until I get corrected again!

chimpybits

:hmm:
I always thought that the clear ssv tubing is pure silicone, and the colored stuff is some kind of vinyl formula. But I believe I was corrected by somebody that thought both were silicon when I brought this up before. So my take is the colored stuff is a vinyl/silicon blend. At least until I get corrected again!
Really?? Unless something's changed I thought the 7th floor tubing was all vinyl, including the clear.
EDIT. Just checked on the 7th floor site: "Made of food grade vinyl tubing ..."

Tosin Abasi

I ate a gram of some SSV ABV 2 hours ago and I feel nothing. How is this possible? I ate it with a piece of chocolate cake to mask the taste and some peanut butter. Did I fuck up?

grokit

well-worn member
Really?? Unless something's changed I thought the 7th floor tubing was all vinyl, including the clear.
EDIT. Just checked on the 7th floor site: "Made of food grade vinyl tubing ..."
The colored tubing has a different feel to it, so I don't believe that it's made from the same formulation as the clear stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if the clear tubing is easier to stretch out, maybe I'll investigate.
@p1ssbucket, have you tried applying heat to the tubing, or some soapy water as a lubricant?

Last edited:

p1ssbucket

The colored tubing has a different feel to it, so I don't believe that it's made from the same formulation as the clear stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if the clear tubing is easier to stretch out, maybe I'll investigate.
@p1ssbucket, have you tried applying heat to the tubing, or some soapy water as a lubricant?

Thanks for your insights.
I only have your old colored whips.
I have only tried applying heat in the form of dipping it in boiling water, no soap.
Are the clear whips more flexible? I literally just had an order with 7th floor ship out too!

Who sells the best silicone tubing?

Even with the whip bent on itself like it is, having the nano-whip is really amazing for getting a great hit out of small loads.

I like hitting the angled WPA dry more than the stock mouthpiece.
Edit: cool, I combined hot water and scissors to stretch it out. Got it stretched just enough to fit over it. Awesome airflow kickass tube. I dunno how much a vapor bros mini wand costs but if you already have a nano this rocks, if you don't have a nano but you have a whip to use I am pretty sure those nano stems cost next to nothing. Might get one with a glass honeycomb screen too.

aQfHu8d.png

Nano-whip works so nice :)

3DUev2k.png

OvNtOdv.png

Last edited:

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I dunno how much a vapor bros mini wand costs but if you already have a nano this rocks, if you don't have a nano but you have a whip to use I am pretty sure those nano stems cost next to nothing.

:clap: I used a nano GonG with my SSV for awhile, worked great but the HC would easily roll of the edge of the GonG. That little rolled edge lip really makes a difference.

Who sells the best silicone tubing?

usplastic.com or amazon.com

The tygon 3350 is nice, but a little costly. The generic silicone works fine.

Looks like they recently added Tygon 3370, which sounds awesome "The ultra smooth inner surface and the ability to be cleaned and sterilized repeatedly in CIP and SIP systems helps to maintain fluid integrity throughout sensitive fluid transfer or processing." but is crazy expensive.

Top Bottom