slvelocity

I just had to change the screen as well because of some messy wax I tried to vape and I'm experiencing difficulties others mentioned. I somehow squeezed a screen in there albeit a bit deformed but it seems to be performing well.

Also is it safe to pull up and push down on the heating element all the time? I'm finding that I need to readjust it every time I change HC between the oil kit and the standard.

slvelocity,
Reactions: Raskin666

Jared

Cannabis Enthusiast
I'm running pretty low on funds right now and I REALLY wanted to try the oil kit. Unscrewed the head of my ti nail and it sits on the SSV pretty nicely. Hold my LSV wand over it and dab away. Works WAY better than I expected.

wgyc6Dh.jpg

slvelocity

I just love the versatility of this thing. If I need a quick rip or two before I go out, I crank it to 130 - 2. Bowls will get scorched and done in 4-5 hits before it's just super popcorn colored and tasting. If I want to conserve, crank to 12 and get 20-30 (!!!) flavorful hits.

And then there's the oil kit.... oh man.... versatility in itself! You can go from tiny dabs that'll give a nice buzz or big dabs that'll get you straight black out high off your ass :brow: and best of all I've found the oil kit is good if you're crunched on time too. A dab will always be faster than vaping IMO.

Seriously this thing does it all, who needs fire anymore?? :lol:

Raskin666

Doom Walrus
Agreed. Before grocery shopping (I get a great deal of anxiety from the amount of people), I turn it up to almost 3 o clock on the dial. Small bit in the wand, hook it up to my bong (Vriptech Water Tool Perk) and take a couple huge vape hits, and I am all set.

Raskin666

Doom Walrus
Has anyone else ordered custom glass from Silver Surfer? How long is the average turn around? The site says 6-8 weeks. Wondering if that was accurate.

Raskin666,

MotoPsycho

Has anyone else ordered custom glass from Silver Surfer? How long is the average turn around? The site says 6-8 weeks. Wondering if that was accurate.
Yes, 6-8 is what I would expect. That is about how long mine took. I am really not good at waiting for stuff, so it was a torturous wait for me. If you get any of the already made custom ones they will ship it immediately. I personally like knowing what I am getting beforehand. They did not send me a picture of the finished product, and I was somewhat let down when I got it, because the heater cover hole was much larger than my other one. I never did complain though, I just got used to the way it hit. Just my experience, I'm sure they would have made it right had I called them, they seem like good people.

MotoPsycho,

SpruceGruve

Bag of sand in hand,Eyeing up the gold statue
I got a vaporbros mini whip in the mail,it makes this vape very efficient.o
If anyone is going through lots of herb I'd suggest grabbing one or two.its half the size of the ssv whip

Raskin666

Doom Walrus
Yes, 6-8 is what I would expect. That is about how long mine took. I am really not good at waiting for stuff, so it was a torturous wait for me. If you get any of the already made custom ones they will ship it immediately. I personally like knowing what I am getting beforehand. They did not send me a picture of the finished product, and I was somewhat let down when I got it, because the heater cover hole was much larger than my other one. I never did complain though, I just got used to the way it hit. Just my experience, I'm sure they would have made it right had I called them, they seem like good people.
Thanks for the heads up! I ordered a strange request. GG wand with a 14mm Male connection where the hose connection typically is. Also ordered a GG heater cover and a hose adapter!

Raskin666,
Reactions: Asieffert

Asieffert

Hello all,

New to the forum as a member but have been reading the thread for quite a while now. I have a few questions and would just like to share my setup!

1. After playing around I have found best temp to be max 5pm with the cup pushed down a good amount. This leads me to believe hotter would be better if I could get it any hotter. At 2-3pm the concentrate boils and doesn't vaporizer immediately.

2. After larger sized dabs without going through any elv8glass a waxy substance forms on the roof of mouth. This makes me want to think it's reclaim? And needs to be hotter. I've tried various different dispensary wax and shatter with same result.

3. After going through any elev8 glass, from my scientific glass and honeycomb bong with diffuser beads, a large and I mean large amount of reclaim is left in the water or diffusers. Any way to avoid this? Does the temp of the glass effect this? It's chilly here in Colorado Springs and my glass is always clean and cold.

4. I am able to vape my herbs with the heater stopper. I was able to choose the perfect fit, perks of being a local and always in the shop. Plus the previous posts helped. However the temp has to be on max for good milky hits... but I only have the ability to lower my temp. Any ideas how to achieve more temp? New flat screws? Possible swap for shorter heater cover?

5. I am getting a large amount of reclaim inside the heater cover and zero reclaim in the wand. Any way to help/avoid this. Don't want to always be worried of oil getting into the bottom of heater cover and sealing everything when cold... best I can think of is a jar of everclear to soak and clean everything over and over again until concentrated enough to purge or do anything with.

69escj.jpg

jptx6s.jpg

21cgvf5.jpg

2e24k80.jpg

2dbq7n9.jpg

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Oil gathers wherever there is ANY restriction, or "bump" in the vapor path.
I have many enail devices, and BHO/wax/oils gather when vaped
I avoid this by making the shortest possible vapor path and not using water filtration.
(you get more medicated as well)
My Oil rig for SSV uses dry path and a 2 foot whip.
I use no mouthpiece to avoid that one spot of restriction/oil gathering.

Goldorak

I was just wondering, do you think it is possible to turn the SSV into a bag vape? like the Arizer Q, all glass path.

I feel it would just require an air pump in the hole of the heater cover, then a bag system like on arizer.

Do you think it is doable or is there a flaw I did not think of?

DIY this week end?:\

Goldorak,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I feel it would just require an air pump in the hole of the heater cover, then a bag system like on arizer.

Do you think it is doable or is there a flaw I did not think of?

DIY this week end?:\

Would love to see it. I've thought about it too.

My concern was how to attach the pump to the Heater Cover, as it gets pretty hot.

Goldorak

I did not think of this: the tube from the pump onto the very hot glass heater cover... does not sound good...

Maybe with a little glass stem like on MFLB WT adapter kit?

Clunis

Vapor-Highzer
Hey all, I hope all is well with everyone! Since my last post I've turned 20 (along with my brother, we're identical twins) and I thought the best way to celebrate would be a nice new SSV for my brother! I got a nifty spring discount code form Vapeworld so I got it from there this time. I'm impressed yet again! The thing is a beauty: black body with a ocean blue base. And, my brother loves it! Hopefully he'll fuck combustion!

Some bad news though, I've been getting my migraine headaches, dizziness, nausea, neck & back pain more frequently and it seems to be worse when it happens. I have improperly development muscles in my neck, shoulder and chest from an injury that happened when I was aprox. 1 years old, my physiotherapist thinks that this causes excess pressure to my head which causes the symptoms I experience. Cannabis helps me a lot with these symptoms but recently after a car accident a few months ago the sucking involve with vaporizing has gotten harder on me.

With all that in mind, I'll be trying the "Vapor Lung" posted above as soon as possible; hopefully by the end of the night. Seriously, this thing seems like it could be a God send because I was looking for something to do the work for me right when you posted it :bowdown:

I'll post back when I've tried it out. I'll be attempting it using my GG setup. I don't currently have a water pipe adapter or a 18mm to 14mm GonG (just ordered 'em now :D) so I'll be jerry rigging a spare SSV tube into the bottle cap! If all goes well, you'll definitely hear from me :peace:

Kosmic22

Goku
note: this thread goes way off topic till about post #27.

Let's talk about the SSV!

Clean convection, streamlined design, efficient, durable, customizable.

ssv.jpg

Solid anodized aluminum, custom borosilicate glass parts and accessories, fully-encased alumina ceramic heater, thick swappable acrylic base.

Review in the works.

ssv2.jpg

This thing is well made and hits hard! I'm using it right now. :D

With this ice chamber / vapor bong which cools, filters and moisturizes the vapor
ice-chamber.jpg

This one was made by the same people who make the SSV.

note: this thread goes way off topic till about post #27.

Woah first off, kudos on the knob you have there. I'm thinking about investing into a custom one myself then completely reselling my unit at some point . Which at this moment feels quite impossible thinking all about it, but what the heck I need the funds lol! And that vapor bong... Jeez, its really nice man!

Kosmic22,

Raskin666

Doom Walrus
Here is my new custom set up. The picture is just one way, with the wand clipped onto the bong, and docked into the heater cover. You can also plug in the wand and dock the bong to it. Or you use it with a hose as a whip. I have also tried clipping the wand to the bong and using the SSV as a lighter (just like the LSV). Overall, success!

cloudblower

Here is my new custom set up. The picture is just one way, with the wand clipped onto the bong, and docked into the heater cover. You can also plug in the wand and dock the bong to it. Or you use it with a hose as a whip. I have also tried clipping the wand to the bong and using the SSV as a lighter (just like the LSV). Overall, success!
All I see is the Book of the Dead. "Klaatu verata nikto" or something like that to your sweet set up. Hall to the king!

cloudblower,
Top Bottom