• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

NeeChee

More meatloaf Ma!
Thanks for the heads up Puffers. But what would blowing out hurt if i dont plan on keeping the hash/oil resins.I plan on leaving one of the wands soak for a day or two after a weeks use while i use a clean one.Any one see any problems leaving screen in wand in ISO for a day or two?

NeeChee,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I leave wands and screens in all the time. If I look they may even be some in there now but I am not looking I refuse lol. Now someone will come and say I shouldn't do that either.

Dreamerr,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
If you iso soak its probably not as big of a deal. By breathing into the wand your just subjecting the wand to moistre and condensation and possibly bacteria. The moisture i am sure captues more particles and reclaim and contaminating it to certain degree. Its just a scenario better avoided if possible imo

Puffers,

Dreamerr

I suppose I am alive cause I am still able to fight with everyone so all is good lol. I quit doc drugs for pain and a few other things, I quit combusting, isn't that enough? Next you will tell me I must wash with soap and water like vito does ugh to much work. I am going to die sometime. It happens to all of us eventually. I have heard this. I will let you know when it happens :rofl:

NeeChee

More meatloaf Ma!
You all are great! i actually feel im getting something done at work now,for me anyway....

NeeChee,

Mendohead

I move my silver surfer around my room to at least two different locations. Im kind of worried about the power cord connection at the base of the ssv. im worried that moving it etc and making the power cord 'bend' over and over again, possibly compromising the connection inside the unit. moving it around is important to me in my daily routine. anyone have any experience on this?

I was thinking of drilling two small holes in the ssv base, on either side of the power cord, and use a small zip tie or something to strap/anchor the cord in place an inch or so as the cord comes out of the unit. should work i figure.

Mendohead,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I moved my SSV daily many times for the first year I owned it... it now has stayed in one spot for over a year, but moving it a half dozen times a day for a year did no harm.

Mendohead

I went ahead and drilled two small holes in the base, ~ 1" from where the cord comes out of the ssv, and used a zip tie to give some extra stability to the power cord. works well. when the base was off, i saw how they secure the power cord on the inside of the unit, and it looked quite secure. oh well, extra measures... heres a quick pic:

IMG_4791.JPG

edit.. i guess i need to figure the pic thing out 'cause this link doesnt work. i'll work on it

...and i painted the base from blue to black today, little did i know, i was darn near out of paint. from the pic, its in need of another coat, but in normal light, looks all good.

and, I love the ssv.

Mendohead,

MotoPsycho

I too painted my base recently. I was impatient though, and put it back on after only about 2 days of drying:doh: . I don't think it was near done curing because I was tasting it in the vapor. The paint wasn't as great as I had hoped for, so I sanded it down and sprayed it a second time. This time through, I will wait a full week at least before I attach it. Maybe two to be safe.
paintedbase_zpsf27d469e.jpg

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
^^^lol Mendo. I have trouble posting pics too unless I get em into imge shack lol

Moto the paint job looks sick did u do the two tone or was that some kind of speciaty paint like the webbing spray Boldt used on his

Puffers,

MotoPsycho

Thanks, I sprayed it with a black base coat, then dabbed the blue on there, and followed with lots of clear. I didn't use the webbing spray that boldt used, I wanted to do something different. Props to boldtvapor for the inspiration though:rockon: .

MotoPsycho,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
It came out sick dude. I definitely gotta do mine so I can be part of the :cool: kid club too :lol: But seriously i been wanting to paint my purple base for a while...... I just can't imagine shutting my ssv down for more then 12 hours lol

MotoPsycho

It came out sick dude. I definitely gotta do mine so I can be part of the :cool: kid club too :lol: But seriously i been wanting to paint my purple base for a while...... I just can't imagine shutting my ssv down for more then 12 hours lol
lol I didn't, I just keep it running without the base;). Mine never gets turned off. Its a little tipsy, but works the same.

MotoPsycho,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I too painted my base recently. I was impatient though, and put it back on after only about 2 days of drying:doh: . I don't think it was near done curing because I was tasting it in the vapor. The paint wasn't as great as I had hoped for, so I sanded it down and sprayed it a second time. This time through, I will wait a full week at least before I attach it. Maybe two to be safe.
paintedbase_zpsf27d469e.jpg
You can bake it in a oven at a low temp and cure your painted part before assembly.
less than 110F

ataxian,

Dreamerr

ok, whatever with trying to pos a pic. i have crap today this am and cant take the time to figure it out. sorry folks.

I had the same issue as you last night...don't use the pic link thingy in the text box....just put the link in line with your text...if you are using tiny pic or img shack it should have a link with the img before and after already anyhow and that is all you need along with the http inbetween.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
There is also imgur. Pretty simple and you don't have to register.

Just like ImageShack (but easier to find IMO) it will give you the BBCode (message boards & forums) that you can just copy and paste into your message box.

eH2TL.jpg

Tweak,

Dreamerr

Tiny pics does that too and is easy unless there is some coding or something that you will tell me not to use it. Ok just to make sure I checked out that site and for me it is way harder. I uploaded a pic and it is lost in cyber-hell. Tinypics is mindless which is easier for most people.

Love that engraving.

Dreamerr,

Mendohead

ok.. here's the pic. thanks dreamerr and tweak. wish the pic was better or of somehing 'cooler', but the zip tie holds it firm in place... edit: and damn, i really need another coat!

16by3b5.jpg

Dreamerr

For all I care you could have put up any pic at this point. I just wanted to see you be able to post the picture of whatever you chose to. Looks nice and secure which is what you wanted.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Mendohead
Top Bottom