• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I don't like either of those portables but I know some who love them. We all have our own tastes tis why we end up with many vapes. I like different things at different times. I can only tell you from reading because I have not tried the dbv or the q. I picked the ssv for the few additions over the dbv and was happy with my choice it wasn't easy. I tried the ssv with all three wands so I am very happy with the gg wand. The standard would be my second choice. I use my gg just as the standard but it gives me a sense of security. I don't let it go.

Dreamerr,

Mendohead

Thank you very much Dreamerr! So for my next purchase if i wanted the best whip on the market spare no expense the SSV would be the way to go. Thank you very much! I will look into that. I get great hits off of my extreme Q so i am excited about the possibility of something better!

Check out the 7th floor ebay store, they have blemished units for way below retail. i got mine that way and it only has a tiny knick in it from the way they predrilled one of the screw holes. totally minor-dont even notice it. or call them and asked what they have in stock in terms of discounted units. anyway you go, it wont be wrong--the ssv delivers.

Mendohead,
Reactions: Puffers

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have NEVER once met a person that has not been impressed at the mouth end of my SSV.
Almost every person that has ever tried mine has gotten one!

Vitolo,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have NEVER once met a person that has not been impressed at the mouth end of my SSV.
Vitolo:

After much research for me I have found the SSV to be the one for the medical Patient!

ataxian,
Reactions: Vitolo

BoldtVapor

Lost Coast Surfer

I agree.......I've seen a lot of people that were very hesitant to try a vaporizer due to being almost intimidated by the big bag systems. When I show them how easy to use the SSV is, they only want to use it more and more.

BoldtVapor,

DBVn00b

Love reading all of this info right before making my final decision.

My gf will order an SSV for my birthday, is there a 7th floor rep that can hook me up with a discount code right before I place my order? Also how do I select the matte finish on black SSV on front page?

Thanks in advance...also Im looking for suggestions on color combination that looks cool on the SSV, my favorite so far: black matte housing, red base but still deciding between red or black colored hose.

DBVn00b,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Love reading all of this info right before making my final decision.

My gf will order an SSV for my birthday, is there a 7th floor rep that can hook me up with a discount code right before I place my order? Also how do I select the matte finish on black SSV on front page?

Thanks in advance...also Im looking for suggestions on color combination that looks cool on the SSV, my favorite so far: black matte housing, red base but still deciding between red or black colored hose.
Nice girl friend!

ataxian,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I agree.......I've seen a lot of people that were very hesitant to try a vaporizer due to being almost intimidated by the big bag systems. When I show them how easy to use the SSV is, they only want to use it more and more.
I like your water pipe set up!

ataxian,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I just want to try each just to see how they compare to the elbow pack on my extreme Q.

Coming from the EQ to the SSV, I was never a fan of the elbow pack. It would always just get the very middle of the elbow and leave the sides untouched and would only provide 5 or 6 hits at best. Stirring it just made all the medication fall out.

To me the SSV is like a much bigger more efficient elbow pack and only uses one screen instead of 3 with the EQ (1 on the EQ heater, 1 in the Cyclone bowl, and then the elbow screen).

The thing that pushed me over the edge to the SSV was the air path of the EQ scares me a little and feels so restricted. That and I wouldn't get very good results with the EQ unless I preheated all the glass, making a session take forever.

Tweak,
Reactions: Puffers

DBVn00b

Bump....If any1 can point me in the righr direction so I can find a promo discount code or anything that might help before placing the final SSV order. Thanks.

DBVn00b,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Bump....If any1 can point me in the righr direction so I can find a promo discount code or anything that might help before placing the final SSV order. Thanks.
Theres a discount code thread in here somewhere.... a search i am sure would turn it up

If nothing turns up i would call 7th floor and ask

Puffers,

DBVn00b

Theres a discount code thread in here somewhere.... a search i am sure would turn it up

If nothing turns up i would call 7th floor and ask

Thanks Ill try the search...also Im trying to contact 7th Floor to know how can I specify matte finish on the black housing, any1 that has a black SSV can help me with this one?

**Update**

I have become a little bit confused about the SSV as Im more ready to place the order, maybe the realization of finally ordering the SSV has confused me.

I already own a DBV and Im pleased but I wanted to try the SSV as it looks as the deluxe version of DBV and heard about the SSV giving more dense hits...now the confusing part, standard hc, ground glass or the other option which I forgot, which of the setup will give me more dense hits than the DBV.

DBV is hands free and I just found depending on the wand and hc style of the SSV ot can be hands free or not, which setup can give me the best experience out of the SSV, standard hc and wand?

Sorry guys for bombarding yall with questions, its just that I already own a DBV and my gf wants to get me the SSV as I thought it was superior to the DBV in every way, I dont want to waste +$300 and feel that the DBV was better. Suggestions and tips are welcome.

DBVn00b,

beach bum

Thanks Ill try the search...also Im trying to contact 7th Floor to know how can I specify matte finish on the black housing, any1 that has a black SSV can help me with this one?

**Update**

I have become a little bit confused about the SSV as Im more ready to place the order, maybe the realization of finally ordering the SSV has confused me.

I already own a DBV and Im pleased but I wanted to try the SSV as it looks as the deluxe version of DBV and heard about the SSV giving more dense hits...now the confusing part, standard hc, ground glass or the other option which I forgot, which of the setup will give me more dense hits than the DBV.

DBV is hands free and I just found depending on the wand and hc style of the SSV ot can be hands free or not, which setup can give me the best experience out of the SSV, standard hc and wand?

Sorry guys for bombarding yall with questions, its just that I already own a DBV and my gf wants to get me the SSV as I thought it was superior to the DBV in every way, I dont want to waste +$300 and feel that the DBV was better. Suggestions and tips are welcome.

A ways back in this thread, there is an excellent video from Vitolo showing the different connections. Several members discussed the wand/setup style they prefer, and noted why that worked for them. If you are having questions about that stuff, may want to check that info out. :2c:

DBVn00b

A ways back in this thread, there is an excellent video from Vitolo showing the different connections. Several members discussed the wand/setup style they prefer, and noted why that worked for them. If you are having questions about that stuff, may want to check that info out. :2c:

Thanks for the info, I found that Vitolo vid on youtube last night, Vitolo truly deserves the crown of the most informative vapor enthusiast out there. Too much toys, too much information, thanks once again Vito.

Yesterday I fell in love with my DBV again as I hooked it up to my bong for the first time as I never realized DBV tube fit my bong perfectly, needless to say I was playing a new videogame and I felt I was on that island lmao.....but I felt it took too much material for the hits.

I also think I have some mistakes to correct on my technique, Ive been watching some vids on youtube on how to milk bong rips with the vape, do I have to draw until the bong's full of vapor and my chest is almost full then remove the tubing to get everything....then rinse and repeat? If any1 has tips, thanks in advance.

DBVn00b,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I am so thankful my kid knows I medicate and don't have to hide anything. Years ago when I got hurt and I realized that drugs sucked and needed something else. I used to leave the house to medicate. With all the issues I have that wasn't fun or easy. I spoke to my therapist and we decided that we needed to tell him in the proper manner. He was 8 at the time. It was the best thing I did. It made it easier for me to medicate as I needed. When he was that young I wouldn't let him come in the room when I had to but as years went on it wasn't a big deal. It is like eating now to him. He sees it as my normal day and that is just what I do. Now if I got stoned that would be a whole different situation. The few times I might have did more then I needed he made a comment. It doesn't happen often since I vape constantly.

Dreamerr,

chimpybits

Yesterday I fell in love with my DBV again as I hooked it up to my bong for the first time as I never realized DBV tube fit my bong perfectly, needless to say I was playing a new videogame and I felt I was on that island lmao.....but I felt it took too much material for the hits.

I also think I have some mistakes to correct on my technique, Ive been watching some vids on youtube on how to milk bong rips with the vape, do I have to draw until the bong's full of vapor and my chest is almost full then remove the tubing to get everything....then rinse and repeat? If any1 has tips, thanks in advance.
I've been doing the same thing with my new and first piece of glass - trying to get some technique down. You do need to remove the hose in order to clear the vapour from your bong. I too would like to learn how to milk my glass without crazy long draws. I posted my experience with my new glass (glassblowersdirect fc bubbler) connected to my SSV on the gbd thread here. MrNorml suggested trying a repeated syphon-ing technique. I didn't know whether to post this in the SSV, the gbd thread, or the Oregonglassblower thead. So perhaps I can solicit feedback from readers of this SSV thread.

chimpybits,

DBVn00b

I've been doing the same thing with my new and first piece of glass - trying to get some technique down. You do need to remove the hose in order to clear the vapour from your bong. I too would like to learn how to milk my glass without crazy long draws. I posted my experience with my new glass (glassblowersdirect fc bubbler) connected to my SSV on the gbd thread here. MrNorml suggested trying a repeated syphon-ing technique. I didn't know whether to post this in the SSV, the gbd thread, or the Oregonglassblower thead. So perhaps I can solicit feedback from readers of this SSV thread.

I think I found the sweet spot wth my technique, even if I'm doing it wrong.

I found out that to milk my bong which is not that big I would have to start drawing slowly almost as if Im hitting an mflb.
A slow faint but steady draw that doesnt take out all the oxygen out of your lungs so you can then remove the tube to clear the vapor from the bong as you suggested....only problem is that Im taking huge rips without clearing it because when I clear it the hit seems weak and faint as opposed as the huge rips as I leave it on. What do you think?

DBVn00b,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Thats what I'm talking about... Shoots, just scored one from a friend, but has no keys...

I think most of those are a simple cam lock you can remove and pick up another at a lock smith or hardware store

Puffers,

chimpybits

I think I found the sweet spot wth my technique, even if I'm doing it wrong.

I found out that to milk my bong which is not that big I would have to start drawing slowly almost as if Im hitting an mflb.
A slow faint but steady draw that doesnt take out all the oxygen out of your lungs so you can then remove the tube to clear the vapor from the bong as you suggested....only problem is that Im taking huge rips without clearing it because when I clear it the hit seems weak and faint as opposed as the huge rips as I leave it on. What do you think?
Uh no, not clearing it just means leaving vapour (and the "goodies") in the bong floating around. Aimless, lost, and wanting somewhere to go. Finally, alas getting stale and eventually dissipating out. Nope, not for me. I reckon some would rate the clear as the best part.
Yeah I can do the slow steady and milk, but I'm curious about something faster - minus the heroically long draws. Some can do it. Sure the Cloud driving it might be ideal, but the SSV is apparently no slouch. Check out the videos throughout fc. I think I can find it at the sweet spot time-wise of the bowl when the herb is really putting out. But honestly, I'm enjoying something lighter, more efficient right now with my water and vape. I find it really does improve things... aah... G'nite.

chimpybits,
Top Bottom