FG

Good Morning! Can anyone suggest a waxmelt? I prefer them to oils. do most order from SSV or are there better waxmelts on the market?

Thanks

FG,

ekulaj

Where's the best place to buy replacement tubes (.5" outer diameter) that fit standard wands?

ekulaj,

mmafighterthe25

im gonna be buying one of those 6 arm ssv water filters aka ashcatchers. how do they work i saw video looks really sweet. i have a 9mm iladeplh so that would be sweet to run through it vaporizing. i also have a saturn vapor tamer. IM GONNA hook them all together haha.

mmafighterthe25,

mmafighterthe25

i pulled the trigger today got the ssv 6 arm prec/filter. also new wand an heater cover standard ones. hope comes by Friday got usps priority mall. to pa.

mmafighterthe25,

PhxRocker

New vaporist and proud owner of a Silver Surfer for the last 3 and a half months...and I couldn't be happier with it!

Spherical GG and the color is ocean blue with a silver base...looks awesome!

Joined this site about 6 weeks ago: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/welcome-to-fuck-combustion-tell-us-about-yourself-here.205/page-37 .....and I've learned a lot already.

Just have one question:

Does anybody here have or recommend the ice chamber they have listed for sale at 7th Floor?

Is it worth it?

Was just wondering....

PhxRocker,

beach bum

Well, if UPS is timely, today should be "the day". :D With any luck, package will be here when I get home containing our Surfer, Saturn VT, tubing, and an unknown color mouthpiece. Called 7th Floor earlier this week to inquire about my order - apparently they ran out of the clear mouthpiece I ordered. Chris said he'd throw in a colored one for no additional charge and get the package out - very cool of him.

Here's hoping for a very fun evening! :party:

beach bum,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
So I had a full day of inventory at our stock today and boy I was pleased to meet with our coporate custom wave rider N°1 (we have made 4 of this one):

I'm more a standard glass guy but lets see what the SGG says...and if I don't like I switch!

beach bum

UPS was timely, and oh what a night it was! :brow:

While unpacking our new beauty, noted the colored mouthpiece Chris added to the package was absolutely stunning (and really matched well with the rest of the glass and the Surfer). Plugged in the Surfer, burned off the oils, made sure all our glass was cleaned and rinsed well. Put the Saturn VT in the freezer (figured we'd use it later) Dialed back the heat a bit, loaded the wand and gave it a test-drive.

DUDE! The thing hits like a freight train! :rockon:Massive clouds! We just sat there with stupid grins on our faces for a while, then decided to try out the Saturn Vapor Tamer - same massive clouds, just cold and felt really good after the warmer vapor earlier in the evening.

Thanks to all the tips here, there was virtually no learning curve. Just turned it on and wow!

Many thanks to 7th Floor for producing such gorgeous and functional art! :bowdown:

Many thanks to my fellow FC'ers for the tips/tricks/instructions for an instant party night! :clap:

We love our new addition! Special shout out to Chris at 7th Floor for taking care of the mouthpiece issue (what a beauty) and getting the Surfer out the door. Great customer service.

beach bum,
Reactions: cluffy

sektr

Do most people prefer the hands-free attachment, or the stock HC?

I'm planning on ordering soon and I have no prior experience so IDK which to get.

sektr,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Hand Held Standard all the way for me! This is an edit.. I messed up before!!

on another note.....
I have sung praise of SSV tubing from 7th Floor LLC all over the web.
People always try to think of a better way, or a cheaper way.. but believe me there is no better.
I have every type of Tygon, and Silicone tubing that is safe for Vapes.
By the way… the average tubing from your hardware store is not one of the safe ones!
When 7th Floor wanted to have a super supple tube but made of the food grade that is acceptable.. a special formula was needed. The manufacturers of this tubing required a commitment of enough tube to go around the earth 9 times, to fill this request.
My original piece of tubing is in every "wand/whip" video I have made for the past two years.
A year ago you saw my cleaning routine, that I performed every two days at SSV Wand Cleanup
Seven months ago, I announced that I was going to cut one foot off the end of this hose, to leave myself with a 2 footer…
Today after 24 months… two solid years, I am replacing my original SSV tubing with a new one.
Photoon2012-06-09at1225.jpg

If anyone wants to see an amazing piece of tubing, that has been used all day every day for two straight years, PM me with your address, and I will send this "amber" beauty to you for your own inspection!

Vitolo,
Reactions: cluffy

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Do most people prefer the hands-free attachment, or the stock HC?

I'm planning on ordering soon and I have no prior experience so IDK which to get.

It all depends (IMO) Its almost like the difference between driving a manual vs automatic transmission.

Handsfree is well - handsfree! But with this comes the risk of blowing herb back, and accidentally yanking the entire unit over or pulling the wand out and chipping/breaking it (if you are a clumbsy stoner)

Standard is cool because you can also move the wand and determine where the air is hitting. You have less chance of breakage because you are controlling more of it but it is more of a pain when using it with a bong (Hands free is better here IMO) I also tend to keep a closer eye on my wand/hose on my hands free - If the tubing decides it wants to squirm when you lay it down it can cause issues.

Both choices are awesome choices IMO :D

AGBeer,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Vito, when did you go hands free? I thought you were a standard man from way back!! :o
You got me cluffy in a moment of Vape induced madness.
I meant hand held.. and I had been typeing so many things, in so many placed, I lost my mind for a moment. (actually it is still lost... I am looking for it now~)

Vitolo,

cluffy

Vaker
You got me cluffy in a moment of Vape induced madness.
I meant hand held.. and I had been typeing so many things, in so many placed, I lost my mind for a moment. (actually it is still lost... I am looking for it now~)
I thought you might've had an episode of vape madness, it's one of the hazards of vaporizing. Nothing to be worried about as I'm sure you know, it's just your brain reminding you that it has limits... which are meant to be exceeded!!!!

cluffy,
Reactions: Vitolo

beach bum

Another vote for the standard hand held. I haven't used the other connections - Vitolo's video was enough to sell me on the standard. I would imagine it's kind of like driving a 'stick' v 'automatic' car - with the standard, you have more control over where the airflow is going.

On a side note, many thanks to Vitolo for making that video - it was a huge help!

beach bum,
Reactions: Vitolo

Clive

Hi all was just wondering who invented this machine I know the company is seventh floor vapes but whats the story behind it and was it one particular individual. I ask because im a big fan many thanks.

Clive,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I think that SSV is not an invention, but a really good remake of other vapes like this. I think the original one is vapor brothers. Maybe them invented this idea of glass vape designed around ceramic cylinder. The are these ceramic heater alone being sold to be tastier and smoother alternative to light up you buds. Like this: http://herbiron.com/users/edtpag/110168-herbiron-BOD.jpg
Then someone got and idea to put this heater in glass and connect it to bowl-whip far from buds so they don't light up. And that's how whip vapes got invented imo. Sorry, don't know what was the really first vape of this type and who got that idea, but I think I've given a direction.

Seek,

max

Out to lunch
Hi all was just wondering who invented this machine I know the company is seventh floor vapes but whats the story behind it and was it one particular individual. I ask because im a big fan many thanks.
Designer is probably a better term than inventor. His name is Steve and it's his company. I've seen a 'thanks/acknowlegement' given to Vapor Brothers (although I believe the Vapor Doc was the first box vape), and the SSV/DBV design is obviously based on the original wooden box vape.

max,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
OK so after 1 night of SGG I switched back to SG... cause: I do not like the sound and sensation of grounded glass in contact...,and the air/vape ratio is too low IMO...

FLskwat,

Cerpintaxtt

Errl and Vapor
I was just wondering if anyone had seen or used the "ceramic flavor disc" that's on 7th Floor's site.

http://silversurfervap.com/catalog/product/view/id/676

I'm pretty sure it's meant to be used for the errlz and being an oil lover and a vape lover it seems like a good investment, the best of both worlds. I was just wondering if anyone else had any experience with it.

Cerpintaxtt,
Top Bottom