silly question

question below

• Total voters

1800yolk

Do you guys ever create a post, and add stuff to it throughout the night? That way if someone frequents that board, they'll see new things in it and wonder "is it just me or does this post seem longer than it was before??" LOL

1800yolk,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Haha, I think most people around here may be too vaped to notice, but I have definitely done it :) :science:

Elluzion,

SD_haze

The old forum told you when a post had been edited (but not how many times), but now its extra hard to tell if stuff has been added since there's no edit marking at all...that I can see anyway.

SD_haze,

lwien

I wonder where the 6 hour time limit came from and why?

I mean, why not 2 hours, or 8 hours, or no time limit? Why 6?

lwien,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I wonder where the 6 hour time limit came from and why?

I mean, why not 2 hours, or 8 hours, or no time limit? Why 6?
It was discussed extensively, actually. 6 hours seemed to be a good limit to go with as it gives people ample time to correct spelling mistakes and add salient information, while protecting the integrity of older posts and preserving the the thread from the horror of mass-deleted posts by a forum member. I don't think it is written in stone by any means.... just a good point to start.

:2c:

djonkoman

I do sometimes, especially if I'm heavily vaped, I keep remembering things I can add

djonkoman,

darkrom

Great Scott!
It was discussed extensively, actually. 6 hours seemed to be a good limit to go with as it gives people ample time to correct spelling mistakes and add salient information, while protecting the integrity of older posts and preserving the the thread from the horror of mass-deleted posts by a forum member. I don't think it is written in stone by any means.... just a good point to start.

:2c:

Yes I remember this being a heated conversation that stayed under control...somehow. If I remember correctly it was something that seemed incredibly short at first like 1/2 hr or so? 6 hours sounds perfect to me. I hate the idea of people editing posts to change or hide something much later, but you obviously need to be able to correct mistakes and update posts.

darkrom,
Reactions: mvapes
Top Bottom