Sick of shitty vape pens! Help?

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Ok, in the last year or so I have bought 3 pens.

The first was a Persei w/hercules. It was a pain in the ass and always failed at the worst possible times. Plus it's huge and not really a "carry along" vape. I ended up loosing the herc part at a festival and decided not to replace it.

I then bought a Puffco which lasted all of about 3 months before it came apart and the wire broke.

Next was the Source Orb. Same fucking thing, it came apart and the wire broke. Plus the charger sucked and broke on me twice.

It seems like that is the fundamental flaw in these shitty pens- that wire that connects the battery to the top. I mean if could solder it I could fix it, but WTF? Aren't there any reliable pens out there? I like to carry it with me but it's not like I abuse it.

I need something TOUGH I guess. Now I have all the atomizers and no pen, LOL. Any suggestions?

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker

Baron23

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
These are disposable vaporizer joints. They are $20 if I remember right. I bought them at a dispensary. Not sure if they would have them where you live? Only 1 JuJu joint per box unfortunately. Kinda expensive compared to other options. It would depend on how often you would vaporize. I used this a total of 4 sessions then it was spent. I don't know if I really got 150 draws though. I didn't count.

Last edited:

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Thanks for all the suggestions! This looks cool, but I have to search it out some more:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/w9-kiss-globe-ceramic-donut-setup-w-mod-price-drop.21897/

And the Divine Tribe is the same price basically, but brand new.

And I like the Evolve, but it seems to be just like the others, maybe just priced cheaper? But with this, I can use the atomizers I already have, I think.

Again, I need to do more research, but this is a great start.

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I have $100 ready and I want to buy the best possible devise for shatter. I want reliable and dependable and I'd like to buy it today :)

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I have $100 ready and I want to buy the best possible devise for shatter. I want reliable and dependable and I'd like to buy it today :)
Omicron V4. I got the smallest battery and connected mine with a box tc mod. Even boxless the atomizer itself is the best quality and design I've seen. W9 has made significant improvements over the years.

If you want pics I can post some, you will not find anything comparable at this current time.

http://www.puffitup.com/OMICRON-V4-p/w9.omi-v4.htm

Last edited:
paytonpenn,

Squiby

Have you considered other pen type vaporizer? Butane or external heat source vaporizer can be fantastic.

The Vapman is easy to use, attractive, has basically no parts that will fail you. But it is not really pen like. You can get a basic unit for around $80 and the insulated mica version for around $130.

The VapCap has the appeal and look of smoking. It is stealthy and discrete. It is powered by just about any external heat source. The design is modular so the ability to customize the look is endless. There are several models to choose from ranging from $30 for the Vapcap Original glass version all the way to the all titanium Omni version for $150.

Some long-time members have posted that it is the best herb vaporizer out there.

Here is a pic of a Ti Woody Vapcap with a Burl body and XL Condenser and Burl mouthpiece.

YeCVYCZ.jpg

zor

You could go with those Yocan Evolve pens simply because they work and are so cheap it doesn't matter if they break. I like mine.

I heartily second this. It's almost 1am for me, my girlfriend is fast asleep but I've been unable to quell the anxiety- and grief-related insomnia that I have. I keep my Evolve Plus loaded up by my bedside for exactly moments like this, it is an excellent wax pen that delivers a wallop (for me, a daily user) and with the right variety of concentrate it can put my mind and body at ease and to sleep. Almost 5 years after losing my dad and father's day continues to deliver cold, forlorn sadness.

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Thank you. I actually ordered one yesterday, I figured why not at that price. I got the plus withe the cool concentrate holder.

Tstat,
Reactions: 1DMF

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Good choice, can't be beat for the price.

Although the first units Yocan sent out get the same issues (one of my friend and some peoples here noticed it) you encoutered with your previous vapes pens but Yocan told us they switched to another sort of glue to keep that well sealed.

PPN,
Reactions: Tstat

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Thank you. I actually ordered one yesterday, I figured why not at that price. I got the plus withe the cool concentrate holder.
I've been going through the same dilemma, I have a dabstorm pen, which is OK and am now awaiting delivery of my Yocan Evolve Plus from aliexpress, at £18.00, it had to be worth a punt.

1DMF,

GuyLeDuche

^ "Eat a bag of Dick's!"
I use a 40w eleaf tc with my evolve for shatter and a 60w eleaf tc with melo2 tank for juice :). The melo2 holds 4.5ml and runs well with 3g oil mixed in 1.5ml EJmix, so I can effectively carry about a 1/2oz of topshelf flower in my pocket everywhere I go.... I love WA :)

N4FhEab.jpg

Edit: oh yeah, the 60w with melo2 (no battery) is $40usd here

GuyLeDuche,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

stickstones

Vapor concierge

Even if you decide it's a piece of shit, the concentrate holder and splatter-proof cap are worth experiencing! I love those features and it makes the plus what I grab most.

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Well, I'm pretty sure it won't be my last one, but there are not any out there yet that could be my "EVO" of pens :)

Tstat,
Top Bottom