Should THC e-liquid be transparent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooseball

Hi All

My brother as been trying to get me to switch over from joints to thc e liquid. Its meant to be really good. However having looked online everyone seems to be smoking a dark coloured liquid - this is transparent with what can only be described as a spunky looking substance in it. I have tried it and it certainly gets you high like THC but I am paranoid to switch over from such a safe plant.

Also, his tank seemed to have bits floating in it!

Please help

Last edited:
mooseball,

Wizsteve

Hi All

My brother as been trying to get me to switch over from joints to thc e liquid. Its meant to be really good. However having looked online everyone seems to be smoking a dark coloured liquid - this is transparent with what can only be described as a spunky looking substance in it. I have tried it and it certainly gets you high like THC but I am paranoid to switch over from such a safe plant.

Also, his tank seemed to have bits floating in it!

Please help

This was homemade most likely from shatter and yes clearer is better amber is the color one would seek .
Many vapes don't need to use e juice they can use pure oil,I would try to go that route and vape oil.

But being clear ? all i have to say is wow i wish i had some of that.

Wizsteve,

mooseball

hi steve. i am not sure we are on the same page?

having googled the shatter method I can confirm this looks nothing like BHO, I do not think it is any form of BHO. It is literally cannabis / thc oil and is 100% clear in colour with bits of white floating "spunky" looking pieces. He puts it in an e-cig tank and smokes it mixed with e-juice

mooseball,

woolspinner

having googled the shatter method I can confirm this looks nothing like BHO, I do not think it is any form of BHO. It is literally cannabis / thc oil and is 100% clear in colour with bits of white floating "spunky" looking pieces. He puts it in an e-cig tank and smokes it mixed with e-juice

My brother-in-law has purchased a number of different brands and styles of cannabis liquid for his pens and never have I seen a clear version, and NONE of his commercial preparations have things floating in them. I, personally, would be highly suspicious of what your friend is vaping. The most beautiful pure shatter still has a golden tone.

The only time I have seen floaters is in homemade (my own) where there are bits of plant matter still in the concentrate before mixed into liquid.

I am a novice to concentrates and liquids, so perhaps there IS a clear liquid, but I would imagine it requires a lot of chemical refining, which increases the chemicals to which your lungs are exposed.

My homemade may have floaters, but at least I know what is in it and can clearly accept any risks associated with using it.

woolspinner,

mooseball

hi woolspinner

thank you for taking the time to reply

I am thinking / hoping that you are all thinking about BHO -

The stuff I am vaporising does not claim to be BHO, rather actually cannabis / thc tincture, i think made using vegetable glycerin extraction, but nobody else seems to have heard of it!

hi woolspinner

thank you for taking the time to reply

I am thinking / hoping that you are all thinking about BHO -

The stuff I am vaporising does not claim to be BHO, rather actually cannabis / thc tincture, i think made using vegetable glycerin extraction, but nobody else seems to have heard of it!

see this:

http://news.health.com/2014/08/26/what-is-liquid-pot/

Last edited by a moderator:
mooseball,

mooseball

Hi Grim

thank you for taking the time to try to help me.

i really am in two minds at the moment, this stuff is really cost effective and gets me super stoned, but nobody i have spoken to yet knows anything about it!

my brother got it off his friend, who will not tell his method of extraction, but my brother suspects it would having been using the method of cooking in a pot for 8 hours? possibly with VG? this is all guesswork.

All i can say for sure, is that the bottle is small say 10ml, but is enough to get you stoned 50*, its completely clear liquid with some white particles/spunky bits floating in it, it mixed with e-juice and goes in a sub-ohm style e-ciggarette and seems to be the best thing since slice bread... but i just feel scared to switch over and use it when nobody else seems to know what it is or expects it to be some form of BHO

oh, also, the white particles seem to build up in the tank when being smoked and sort of leave trails on the edge, this could be to do with mixing it with the e-liquid tho

have you every seen thc oil that looks as i describe?

mooseball,

Grim Chiclets

What that sounds like to me, is that the guy tried to use VG to extract straight from the herb, and that the terpenes are nearly the only thing that came out of it, with maybe a bit of cannabinoids.
The white spunk, I used to see a lot doing alcohol extractions, and is comprised of terpenes and water that fell out of solution most likely.
Keep in mind I'm no master chemist- but this site is definitely a good place for research- we have at least 2 huge threads on vg/pg e-liquids, nicotine and thc varieties have been discussed pretty thoroughly too- so I hope you can find an answer!
And of course I'll help when I can :)

edit- in any event, I'm sure if you're using an RDA or other subOhm device, and have the resource, you can find your own formula for the stuff- since when it works, it's amazing

Grim Chiclets,

mooseball

hi grim, if you are correct, and i hope you are, then "a little bit of cannabinoids" certainly go a long way.

i have tried this stuff, and it knocked me on my ass compared to a joint, its definatley a thc-like stoned, i am just so concerned as to why i am speaking french when i descirbe a transparent thc liquid to people :(

thanks again for your help

mooseball,

Grim Chiclets

Haha no problem :tup:

If you're used to smoking by the way, vaping a concentrate (even fairly weak (compared to a like.. 90% shatter)) should put you on your ass!
Now I know it's not the best practice, fellow veteran FC members- but often I 'test' a lot of concentrates on how pure/mild the taste is and how shitty it is on my throat (I'm so scientific..:hmm:)

Grim Chiclets,

mooseball

to be fair, its 90% clear and 10% spunk, so would that mean it was mostly cannabinoids?

is there a name for the extraction method that would produce this transparent substance?

i really wanna know that it is okay for it to be clear rather than spunky :(

to be fair, its 90% clear and 10% spunk, so would that mean it was mostly cannabinoids?

is there a name for the extraction method that would produce this transparent substance?

i really wanna know that it is okay for it to be clear rather than spunky :(

sorry to keep bugging you, its just nobody in the uk knows anything about this at all, and anyone who does only knows BHO.

mooseball,

Grim Chiclets

I mean, It's probably safe, assuming the starting product and materials are good and it doesn't taste like chemical soup or irritate you in ANY way- but of course if you can't find out how it was made, there's no way to know for sure..
It sure would be nice if someone more experienced would ring in, perhaps if you try a summarized post in this thread- http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/m...quid-potent-effective-cheap-easy.6287/page-52

edit- @nosmoking has a good point, is it at all amber/gold? or 100% crystal clear with no tint to it at all, aside from the white bits?

Grim Chiclets,

woolspinner

Brother-in-law regularly gets CO2 extract liquid - never been clear, still golden in color. But what he buys in Portland, OR may not be what is available elsewhere, so YMMV.

BHO is just shorthand for the extraction method, btw. I believe it technically stands for Butane Hash Oil, but now is used most often (in Oregon and Colorado anyway) to describe concentrates extracted with butane v. isopropyl v. ethanol, etc.

I HOPE you are not vaping the liquid from an unfinished extraction. I know toward the end of my QWISO, when I can no longer smell the alcohol, it is clear-ish with white floaters. But that shit is not ready to vape, tons of impurities and alcohol still in it. That is usually when I transition to warming the pan to speed the evaporation of the water and any remaining alcohol.

When I think about my QWISO I begin to suspect this is what your friend is getting.

Last edited:

Wizsteve

Sorry was a bit high when writing meant to include kief, dry sift ,bubble hash,or just plain trics
Color of finish product can be clear (To a point) if trics are 100% clear so its vg and
clear trics .

df5ebe1906f082ac000096d73751511d.jpg

I say this because stuff is floating so it's homemade and there first time making it .
could be added without really changing the color 100 % you see this amber to gold < but at 10%-20% you would not see the color at all ((i would guess 20% shatter and 80% VG ))

To filter it is really easy just take a cotton ball place in top of the vial with your ejuice and pour into a another vial. (helps if you can squeeze the vial to transfer) save cotton for times of need...

You know it would really help us if you could post a pic :clap:

HomeFree

Hopefully it is not some kind of goofy synthetic cannabinoid.

Does it taste like cannabis? What does it taste and smell like? Where are you located (at least the country like EY or USA). What is the viscosity of the liquid? Is it thick or thin? cannabinoids from cannabis will not really mix well with VG without some kind of homogenizer.

I'm not teasing about the research chemicals. This is frequently done by people who use them. Not sure why someone would want to pass it off as cannabis though.

Around here we do have an extract called the clear which is relatively clear.

I hope it isn't synthetic cannabinoids my friend. That would be messed up to distribute it as "THC". You can get pre made juice with the RC synthetics as well. And I would wager someone could add terps to it, also it is pennies on the dollar compared to cannabis. Hopefully I did not give any jerks an idea.

What kind of tank/setup are you using? Is it sub ohm?

Last edited:

mooseball

Hi all

thank you for taking the time to reply to me - this thc liquid is so good, and so cost effective, i really hope it okay!

Image 1 - The THC liquid in bottle ( extremely light green tinge and small floating "spunky" particles are difficult to see in picture )

https://i.imgsafe.org/a47aacd.jpg

Image 2 - How my tank looks after mixing with e-juice and smoking ( the spunky particles are a lot bigger and more clear here, i presume because of how the 2 juices mix together )

https://i.imgsafe.org/2cd3680.jpg

so, has anyone seen this before? i really hope it is eau natural

from what i understand, it could be distilled thc? still no idea if its safe tho

Last edited:
mooseball,

woolspinner

Hi all

thank you for taking the time to reply to me - this thc liquid is so good, and so cost effective, i really hope it okay!

Image 1 - The THC liquid in bottle ( extremely light green tinge and small floating "spunky" particles are difficult to see in picture )

https://i.imgsafe.org/a47aacd.jpg

Image 2 - How my tank looks after mixing with e-juice and smoking ( the spunky particles are a lot bigger and more clear here, i presume because of how the 2 juices mix together )

https://i.imgsafe.org/2cd3680.jpg

so, has anyone seen this before? i really hope it is eau natural

from what i understand, it could be distilled thc? still no idea if its safe tho

I am out of ideas. Not familiar to me. Sorry!

woolspinner,

HomeFree

That looks like crystals that precipitated on the walls of your tank in the second pic from the carrier solvent vaping quicker than the substance, concentrating and recrystalizing it. Does it actually taste like cannabis?

I really think you may have yourself some research chemicals there. They are sold in those same bottles pre made. I am not sure what they smell like these days, but used to smell like moth balls (indole) before the first generation was scheduled. Even marked up big time like these solutions are they are still dirt cheap.

I would suggest getting a test kit and testing the stuff. These new fangled synthetic cannabinoids can lead to a nasty dependency.

Hopefully I am wrong in my assessment and you are vaping some weird cannabis extract that somehow precipitates crystals and not unknown research chemicals. But I dunno. Your friend may not know either, so it would be wise to test it so you are not unknowingly putting some wacky stuff in your body and so you can spread the word that it is NOT cannabis extract. You may need to dig around to find a test kit for current generation synthetic cannabinoids.

Good luck! I would be concerned if I were you. I sincerely hope I am incorrect. It's one thing to sell something like that for what it is, but completely different to pass it off as "THC" e-liquid, when in fact it is not.

I do believe pure THC is a glassy solid, so maybe I am wrong, but I dunno...

Last edited:

Wizsteve

2cd3680.jpg

That doesn't look right looks like shards of glass? if you could with a toothpick pull a few shards out and take some pics of them like on a mirror? than heat up with a flame see if they melt,pop,change color or?

Wizsteve,

jimfish4130

my brother got it off his friend, who will not tell his method of extraction, but my brother suspects it would having been using the method of cooking in a pot for 8 hours? possibly with VG? this is all guesswork.
I know I'm really late to this but if they won't explain how they did it when you're concerned, especially to a friend, then I'd have massive difficulty trusting them. Especially when it has a forum of cannabis people wondering what the fuck it is
2cd3680.jpg

That doesn't look right looks like shards of glass? if you could with a toothpick pull a few shards out and take some pics of them like on a mirror? than heat up with a flame see if they melt,pop,change color or?
Did you ever do this? Haven't followed the link higher up yet so for all I know this is all over and done with

I am not sure what they smell like these days, but used to smell like moth balls (indole) before the first generation was scheduled. Even marked up big time like these solutions are they are still dirt cheap.
Last summer when people I know had the dried herbs with them sprayed on it smelled like warm fish food flakes, made me feel sick even being near the stuff

jimfish4130,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom