Should I get the Solo or Da Buddha?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeWKush

Hello, I'm looking to get a vaporizer again and would like some feedback if possible.

I had an aromazap a long time ago and thought it was pretty awesome, especially because it conserved herb pretty well. This company is no longer in business and the cheapest log vapes I can find now are around $190. So, I'm tempted to buy a Solo or Buddha for $130 off ebay instead. I'm just going to be vaping indoors by myself so portability isn't a priority. The new models of the Solo are advertised as able to vape while the battery is charging which makes it function a lot like a plugin.

questions:

Compared to log vapes, how efficient is a Solo or Da Buddha?

Are Solos pretty sturdy?

Are there any log vapes around $150?

thanks

GeorgeWKush,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

SpruceGruve

Bag of sand in hand,Eyeing up the gold statue
Either would be a good option,I have not used a solo but I have heard good things.

I have recently used a Da Budda,and it worked well,a little stirring required for a perfect even vape,but I assume that would be the same thing for a solo.

Also one thing you need to look into is their heat-up time,and how much you want to pack at once.
Da Buddha hold more than a solo I believe

Good luck with either you choose

SpruceGruve,

Caligula

Maximus
I love my Solo... well I did until it died on me (electronics died for no real reason). However I think that's the exception to the rule. I just saw a post by someone who RAN THEIR SOLO OVER WITH A CAR and left it in the snow overnight, and the thing still works even though its dented to shit.

Anyway, the Solo is great for many things. It is very good at doing a complete extraction. It doesn't take long to heat up. Its portable. The flavor is outstanding. Yes it conserves your herb really well. Of course because its a portable it doesn't have the power of a plug in desktop (even if its plugged in with PA mode) so it takes 10-12 minutes to finish a stem. You want 2 or 3 stems and you're looking at a 30-45 minute session.

Anyway, given your criteria and that you are looking for a desktop log style unit anyway, I humbly suggest looking at the EpicVape E-Nano... especially while they have their 20% off sale for FC members. IIRC that puts it @ ~ $179?

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/e-nano-from-epicvape.7844/

Caligula,

treeman

I have a solo and a dabuddha and honestly, I never use my solo. I find its draw restrictive, it takes ages to get high and I find I can re-vape solo abv in the dabuddha for a few extra hits.
If your never gonna' be vaping outside I would definitely go for the buddha.

treeman,

as

Well i have a solo and just sold my da Buddha to my dad to get a e nano never use to use da Buddha the blow I is just to big

If it was me i would save for a log but if not then get a solo

vorrange

Vapor.wise
If you're aiming for something close to the aromazap check the classifieds. There is a toasty top for 170USD. I have a HI and it has replaced my Solo and my Buddha as a daily driver.

Between the Solo and the Buddha, choose the Solo if you're aiming for portability and efficiency and choose the Buddha if you're looking for big sessions at home and don't care much about efficiency.

GeorgeWKush

Thanks everyone for the insightful comments. There is a nice community here. Someone was also kind enough to send me a discount code for epic vape and a log vape is what I wanted ideally. Epic vapes seem like a better version of my old aromazap and I'm excited. Thank you all!

Caligula

Maximus
Thanks everyone for the insightful comments. There is a nice community here. Someone was also kind enough to send me a discount code for epic vape and a log vape is what I wanted ideally. Epic vapes seem like a better version of my old aromazap and I'm excited. Thank you all!

Oh dude, Im ripped off of mine right now. Just threw in a VERY small nug, didnt even need to break it up. Completely extracted in 4 large hits while stirring once. You'll love this thing after you get past the VERY small learning curve.

Pro Tip, be sure to let it fully heat up first (~5min) and start at setting 6.5, then adjust heat to taste from there. Also (IMO) the pinched stems are garbage, go with the all glass.

And do let us know what you think once you try it. THeres an e-nano thread in the Plug In Vape section.

Caligula,

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
They're both awesome in their own way, and get plenty of use. At home, the DBV wins by a nose. In a stealth cup with pvhes stems, the Solo rocks!

syrupy,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom