• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Should I buy FF2+

Maryjanie

I am aware of all the issues and opinions with FF2. However, it SEEMS to be what I'm looking for and with the new release tomorrow, I'm on the fence and wondering if there's a vape out there that I'm not aware of before I buy it. I own a dynavap M which was gifted to me by the company. They rock! I love it! And I have the OG Arizer Air I bought in like 2014 or so. My needs are as follows- I'm a medical user #1 so I'm looking for getting the most cannabinoids etc from my flower and isolated air paths blah blah. I'm a 1-4 hit micro doser most of the time. Sometimes I go all out and get baked if the day permits. Lol. I'll never bake a 20 hit bowl by myself though. I'm home most all of the time. But I live in a house full of social stigma so I've been somewhat forced into stealth mode. They all know I'm using mmj but my hubby has remarked on the smell of my Arizer Air and my stash in general so I bought a stashlogix box. He wants me to vape "weed" outside which has made it easier to just use concentrate pens in the house. But I PREFER WHOLE FLOWER. Then we have 2 teen boys, and although they know I use medically, they pick on me all the time. Even though it seems to be in fun, I still feel like it might be sending the wrong message (my bit of societal stigma I suffer with concerning my kids) therefore, I'm not gonna bust out the butane torch & dynavap in front of them bc it plain looks "recreational". I'm always hitting my vape pen real quick when they walk past or whatever just so they don't see. You get the picture. I know it sux. That aspect of my life is what it is and I'd rather not discuss it. Either way, the heat up time of the Air has made me throw it in a drawer bc it takes too long when I just need a quick hit or 2. Its a PIA to go outside when I feel bad and wait on it to heat up and then suck my lungs out to get a few good hits. I need something that heats up superfast that I can steal a hit or 2 off of as needed and preferably not be as smelly as the Air. The Air truly smells the room up. I read the FF is pretty much smell free as long as you keep it clean, until you open the lid of course. I'd like to leave my vape sitting by my recliner and "look" classy. I'm trying not to portray the stoner image to my kids and parents when they're over etc, although I've smoked most of my life. My husband just doesn't seem quite comfortable. He says he doesn't care and he pays for all my stuff, yet, he wants me to be invisible using it bc it all "looks recreational" to him. He's worried what visitors will think if thwy can smell weed in the house. I don't care what they think! The other option I've looked into is Pax 3 but I'm not sure how effective it'd be as an on demand vape and I read its pretty smelly. I don't know how long it continues to heat after turned off and I don't want to waste my weed. I know none of them will be smell free. If you know of another vape that would fit my needs please let me know. Or if you think the FF2+ or Pax 3 would be good let me know. This is a big purchase for me and I can't just buy vapes on the fly to try. Thank you for your time.

Maryjanie,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Welcome @Maryjanie !
Immediately, I would say to skip the Pax 3 just because of smell. I happen to love mine, but it is probably the smelliest vaporizer I own both while using and storing.
The FF2 (don’t have the plus, but assume it will be similar) is a great tasting vape but it shines much more with concentrates than herbs. It definitely needs patience to get technique down and the battery life is really terrible (looks like it is a little better with plus, but unclear at this time).
I think you should also take a look at the Ghost MV1 and the Fury 2. Both are different beasts but both have a lot of features I think will meet your needs.
Good luck with your journey - feel free to keep asking questions so we can help steer you to your dream vape!

Last edited:

Maryjanie

Welcome @Maryjanie !
Immediately, I would say to skip the Pax 3 just because of smell. I happen to love mine, but it is probably the smelliest vapor I own both while using and storing.
The FF2 (don’t have the plus, but assume it will be similar) is a great tasting vape but it shines much more with concentrates than herbs. It definitely needs patience to get technique down and the battery life is really terrible (looks like it is a little better with plus, but unclear at this time).
I think you should also take a look at the Ghost MV1 and the Fury 2. Both are different beasts but both have a lot of features I think will meet your needs.
Good luck with your journey - feel free to keep asking questions so we can help steer you to your dream vape!
Thank you so much!

little maggie

You might consider the Fury 2 or even the nomad. Both are pretty small and easily fit in a pocket. The nomad is also a unique art piece. I think it could easily sit out near you without people knowing what it is.
But, since you have a vapcap, I'd suggest you get a portside mini. It's just a black box that you can leave on either with a cord or battery charged. It has a hole in the top that you put the vapcap tip in to heat. It's instant- no flames.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Holy giant block of text, Batman!

Line breaks people. Line breaks, please!
(otherwise it's difficult to read)

Vaporware

@little maggie made about the same recommendations I was going to. The Pax is not what you’re looking for, the Fury 2 should be pretty good and isn’t too expensive, and the Nomad or something similar would be great if you’re comfortable with unregulated vaporizers.

Unregulated means the heater is on as long as you hold down the button, so it is possible to combust but it’s also possible to get exactly what you want with a combination of the button and your draw speed.

There are plenty of happy FF2 users though, so if you’ve done your research and that seems good to you, I wouldn’t steer you away from it. The Ghost MV-1 @Jill NYC mentioned is also worth a look. It’s a bit larger than the others we’re talking about, but it has small swappable containers for your flower/concentrates, good vapor and temp controls if that’s what you’re looking for. However you should know that some people have had inconsistent results or small mechanical issues that have required sending them off for repairs. This is true for a lot of the more complex portables, but pretty rare in the unregulated group.

If reliable manual control seems like the best fit for you, check out the Nomad, MVT, Milaana and/or Li’l Bud. The Nomad has a significant waiting list, but if you can wait that would be my choice (and it was). If you can’t wait, any of the others I mentioned should be good.

Good luck!

Simply Stoned

I am aware of all the issues and opinions with FF2. However, it SEEMS to be what I'm looking for and with the new release tomorrow, I'm on the fence and wondering if there's a vape out there that I'm not aware of before I buy it. I own a dynavap M which was gifted to me by the company. They rock! I love it! And I have the OG Arizer Air I bought in like 2014 or so. My needs are as follows- I'm a medical user #1 so I'm looking for getting the most cannabinoids etc from my flower and isolated air paths blah blah. I'm a 1-4 hit micro doser most of the time. Sometimes I go all out and get baked if the day permits. Lol. I'll never bake a 20 hit bowl by myself though. I'm home most all of the time. But I live in a house full of social stigma so I've been somewhat forced into stealth mode. They all know I'm using mmj but my hubby has remarked on the smell of my Arizer Air and my stash in general so I bought a stashlogix box. He wants me to vape "weed" outside which has made it easier to just use concentrate pens in the house. But I PREFER WHOLE FLOWER. Then we have 2 teen boys, and although they know I use medically, they pick on me all the time. Even though it seems to be in fun, I still feel like it might be sending the wrong message (my bit of societal stigma I suffer with concerning my kids) therefore, I'm not gonna bust out the butane torch & dynavap in front of them bc it plain looks "recreational". I'm always hitting my vape pen real quick when they walk past or whatever just so they don't see. You get the picture. I know it sux. That aspect of my life is what it is and I'd rather not discuss it. Either way, the heat up time of the Air has made me throw it in a drawer bc it takes too long when I just need a quick hit or 2. Its a PIA to go outside when I feel bad and wait on it to heat up and then suck my lungs out to get a few good hits. I need something that heats up superfast that I can steal a hit or 2 off of as needed and preferably not be as smelly as the Air. The Air truly smells the room up. I read the FF is pretty much smell free as long as you keep it clean, until you open the lid of course. I'd like to leave my vape sitting by my recliner and "look" classy. I'm trying not to portray the stoner image to my kids and parents when they're over etc, although I've smoked most of my life. My husband just doesn't seem quite comfortable. He says he doesn't care and he pays for all my stuff, yet, he wants me to be invisible using it bc it all "looks recreational" to him. He's worried what visitors will think if thwy can smell weed in the house. I don't care what they think! The other option I've looked into is Pax 3 but I'm not sure how effective it'd be as an on demand vape and I read its pretty smelly. I don't know how long it continues to heat after turned off and I don't want to waste my weed. I know none of them will be smell free. If you know of another vape that would fit my needs please let me know. Or if you think the FF2+ or Pax 3 would be good let me know. This is a big purchase for me and I can't just buy vapes on the fly to try. Thank you for your time.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY FF2! ILL GET A PLUS JUST FOR FUN!!!

Simply Stoned,
Reactions: LabPong

Maryjanie

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY FF2! ILL GET A PLUS JUST FOR FUN!!!

Waiting on their website to come up. Lol. I'm gonna take the plunge. Nothing else seems as perfect for my wants/needs but I've also sent a message to Dan for a Nomad. They are bitchin!!!!! I want one but since it's such a long wait list bc they are hand crafted I'll get the FF2+ now and hope for the best. Seems like folks either love them or hate them. I'm nervous about buying when its so new but I truly need something for indoor use now. My dynavap will remain my back porch bestie. Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maryjanie

Remember to look at Firewood 5 and soon to come out firewood 6, if FF2 plus isnt cutting it for you
I'm gonna keep my eye on that one. I saw that the 6 would be coming out so I didn't want to get the 5 and I need something now. I can always sell the FF if I don't like it. I live in a legal state so its not hard to get rid of stuff.

Vaporware

Since you’re interested in the Firewood, which I think I forgot to mention, you should know that he’s changing the design for the 6. It will probably be better for you, but you might want to read his recent comments in the Firewood thread anyway to make sure it’s not losing anything you care about.

Maryjanie

Since you’re interested in the Firewood, which I think I forgot to mention, you should know that he’s changing the design for the 6. It will probably be better for you, but you might want to read his recent comments in the Firewood thread anyway to make sure it’s not losing anything you care about.
Ok. I'll do it. Thanks!

Maryjanie,
Reactions: Vaporware

Murdog

Maryjane,

I have been a FF2 user for over 2 years. Next to my underdog log vape ( that stays put) this is the best vape I own, the favor n potency are great. It did have a learning g curve to get good solid hits but now with the FF2+ Upgrade (just received it back from FF yesterday) The unit hits so much more user friendly. I feel the learning curve is almost gone (your still gotta find your sweet spot). Good luck on your search but flavor and ease of micro dosing I don't know of a better product for you.

Hope this helped
Murdog

Murdog,

Murdog

I agree Eden is way cheaper but for micro dosin I won't waver on Firefly

But for at home I would always get a log vape over anything else.

Underdog
E-nano
Guy in Louisiana ( haven't tried but people swear)

Everyone has THIER own favs, don't want to tell anyone my opinion is better then theirs or theirs is better then mine. Forums like this are for people to know opinions and make up the own mind. I live in Northeren Vt n would be glad help real people in my area make a good decision for themselves.

As we meet somewhere ((Zenbarn Wednesdays)DEAD NITE ) n I let you borrow or use mine. Really enjoy the VT and am in the sugarbush stowe area

If we meet somewhere ((Zenbarn Wednesdays)DEAD NITE ) n I let you borrow or use mine please understand it in the sugarbush stowe area n you must supply your own, I'll match

Holy crap

Sorry all for repeating myself

All make a good decision but vaping as a whole is by far the best alternative then smoking

A joint here n there is still my fav

Murdog,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Underdog
E-nano

:rofl:

I never really had much luck microdosing with the fireflies, my RBT and MistVapes are better for that with their glass stems and basket screens, just like logs.

You're right it's all very subjective though!

Shit Snacks,

Murdog

Since you haven't tried the + maybe you should wait till ya try

This might get mod

You just sound so negative to FF as if you have a personal problem

Again I love my FF2 n was bummed and scared to send in for a 30$ upgrade but was so happy 24 days later when I received it. It hits are way more intense but also goes thou material quicker. Concentrates helps you control better but if your draw to hard with flower it may not get heat movement correct to miss aspects.

Besides my at home log vape wouldn't believe anything it better on the go that's not a pen

Last message was to sh snacks

Really love my FF2 n the upgrade

Underdog log is my overall fav
Fav Stem is SS which I think should be glass

Please all be open to a diff vape

Until you try
Ya don't know
But Ad fuck ya

The
But ad fuck ya

Sorry
I didn't write that

I like FF2 n FF2+ better
Hope that's all I really add

Sorry if insultive stuff if read now

Murdog,

Shit Snacks

Since you haven't tried the + maybe you should wait till ya try

This might get mod

You just sound so negative to FF as if you have a personal problem

Again I love my FF2 n was bummed and scared to send in for a 30$ upgrade but was so happy 24 days later when I received it. It hits are way more intense but also goes thou material quicker. Concentrates helps you control better but if your draw to hard with flower it may not get heat movement correct to miss aspects.

Besides my at home log vape wouldn't believe anything it better on the go that's not a pen

? I went back and read again and do not see anything very negative toward the FF in my post at all... I really enjoyed my 1 while it worked, was less impressed with the 2, but it had its perks too, will probably never get to try the + though... My only "personal problem" is the overall value of the product, which is why I never recommend the FF anymore compared to what else is available these days for on demand convection vaporizers.

Honestly your posts make me think maybe you should heed your own advice, "please be open to a different vape" have you even tried the others I mentioned? I have tried a great many over the years, along with ridiculous research, so that informs my opinion and advice. Of course it is just that, an opinion.

No offense taken and hopefully none given. I agree oil pens easiest :D:peace:

Shit Snacks,

Murdog

Have a nice nite, we all enjoy things our own way.

Us in VT try to be more polite then I may have implied

Take Care all

Please maybe it's the name but that's what we say when our dogs eat poopsicle in winter

It is a expensive vape not disagreeing but for micro dosing I do not believe your alternatives are better in any way long term

Good luck to all n I don't want any bad feelings so I'll just say nite nite snacks

Murdog,

Shit Snacks

Have a nice nite, we all enjoy things our own way.

Us in VT try to be more polite then I may have implied

Take Care all

LOL not too impolite, just a little all over the place, but we all write differently. I myself am long-winded and proper, but also confusing. I guess the comments directed at me felt a little rude so apologies if I responded in kind. Not my intent, just sharing my experience.

Please maybe it's the name but that's what we say when our dogs eat poopsicle in winter

It is a expensive vape not disagreeing but for micro dosing I do not believe your alternatives are better in any way long term

Good luck to all n I don't want any bad feelings so I'll just say nite nite snacks

Ah hahaha eww the name is just a reference to the cartoon Archer, a catchphrase said by the character pictured as my avatar.

No bad feelings, I just haven't seen you mention that you have tried the glass stem pure convection vapes (there are almost too many to list now) which definitely do micro dose as well as a log... Whereas I have enjoyed owning the FF yet that was not at all my experience-- It could just not compete with the other vapes I got after it in almost every category, which is why I moved on from it though still think of it fondly. Glad to hear the plus is a big improvement! Meanwhile the Eden has impressed me so far and does remind me of the good ol FF days.

Only good feelings, good night VT, still a little earlier here on the west coast ;)

Shit Snacks,

little maggie

Underdog
E-nano
If you're considering a log don't forget the HI. It's fairly inexpensive even for rare wood and Alan is an artist. He will modify the design if you want without additional money. The UD is my second favorite log and can't go wrong with it. Just that most people forget to mention the HI.

little maggie,
Reactions: Vaporware
Top Bottom