Should I Buy A Cloud (pen, not the xhale) or a Thermovape Revolution for BHO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
Hey FC! I'm trying to get into vaping butane hash oil and I'm wondering which will fare me better: a cloud vaporizer pen (about $60) or the Revolution attachment for the TV1 I already own (also about $60). My third option is to use my Purple Days which has been running nice and hot as of late.

What do you guys think?

I've tried the Cloud before and thought it was awesome, because it took the smoothest, biggest rips. But what I don't know about the Cloud is how efficient it is and how durable it will be.

I'd love to just use my Purple Days set up, with my water filtration device (high-tech stuff :science:), but I'm worried about screens getting clogged, even if I used a layer of flower.

Deadhead101,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
The generic rebranded e-cig "oil pens" have a terrible track record for durability. The Revolution is made of custom-ordered wire for the core, medical-grade ceramics, milled and put together here in the United States (I believe the body of the cart is also of US-sourced material.) I have the DART and I haven't had any interest in another pen-style vape. There are a few oil pens right now that look a lot like the rest, but take a steer in the "right" direction in regards to materials used and quality: The Vapor Bros Dabbler and 7th Floor's "VIP Pen" are some choices, as well as the Omicron and Persei.

I use the Revolution so would recommend that one, but one of the downfalls of it is that you can't really load too much oil in one go. I recommend no more than .15g per load. The first two pens I mentioned can handle pea-sized balls of concentrate, something that would clog up the Revolution. That's about the only downfall it has in my opinion and it's the only oil pen that I have. I like it so much I don't really feel like getting anything else.

Deadhead101

Thanks Q. I think I'll go with the Revolution once I scrape up the money. I don't mind not being able to load big bowls. I'll be glad to get some use out of my otherwise idle TV1.

Before I do get the Revolution I think Im going to get a little bit of BHO to try in the Purple Days.

Deadhead101,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I'm not a huge fan of the revolution since mine stopped working on me. I used to avoid all ecig style wax burners like the plauge until I can across the Sticky Wax Burner pen, and that's the one that convinced me that these little guys can run with the big boys. I don't think it's necessary to spend the kind of money that the Revolution costs to get a BHO pen when there are compelling ones out there now for around 50 dollars.

That being said, the rev should (I emphasize this since mine was not) be much harder to burn out or break over time. These pen atomizers have perhaps a few months worth of daily, medical patient level use in a single one, whereas some people seem to be using the same revolutions they got almost over a year ago.

CentiZen,

Deadhead101

The Revolution just seems to be the best investment to me. I really enjoyed the cloud when I used it, but my gut is telling me to go with the Revolution. I started going through the Revolution thread and it seems that people generally seem to enjoy it.

Is there any warranty for the Revolution?

Deadhead101,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
There is, but now that the cera is out they don't seem too interested in taking care of your claim too fast

CentiZen,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I have a microG which is basically the cloud pen. I do love it but since december when i got it ive already gone through about 6 cartridges. Between the original package and all the replacemen tcartridges, ive spent about 200$. I spend the same amount for a used dart and ultra in january and havent looked back ever since.

Does the revolution attachment come witha cartridge or do you already have one? Because they are a hard commodity to come across these days.

Mynameismud,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I have a microG which is basically the cloud pen. I do love it but since december when i got it ive already gone through about 6 cartridges. Between the original package and all the replacemen tcartridges, ive spent about 200$. I spend the same amount for a used dart and ultra in january and havent looked back ever since.

Does the revolution attachment come witha cartridge or do you already have one? Because they are a hard commodity to come across these days.
From gotvape, they are selling the adapter interface and the SV side load cart with a mouthpiece.

Silver420Surfer,

Deadhead101

So what exactly should i buy? Just the revolution? Do i need the adapter or side cart thing mentioned?

Deadhead101,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Not exactly sure, accoding to silversurfer its the adapter for the T1 and an SV revolution caratridge (which is windowed and i think the side cart thing your referring to)

If I were you I would call gotvape before you order. They are notorious for leaving things up saying theyre in stock even though they are sold out.

Mynameismud,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
No, if your buying the one at GotVape it will have everything that you need to run the system. The sidecart is the type of atty in the package, and the adapter is the name of the cap that changes the power handle into the right interface for screwing the revolution in.

EDIT - take this with a grain of salt and contact GV beforehand. I will not be liable for any fuckery they pull.

Deadhead101

It turns out they are sold out. I don't have the $60 anyway.

I will Revolt asap.

Deadhead101,

Deadhead101

It turns out there are 6 units of the revolution adapter left on gotvape, for those who may be interested.

Deadhead101,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom