Should I bother buying the Extreme Q (solo owner)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tqbf

SO

I have a solo, I barely ever use it outdoors, it gets most of its usage indoors, and I love it with next to no complains.

Someone's selling me a used extreme q with some missing parts for 80$.

I don't really care about the bags, but using the whip with a low speed fan interests me.

Can someone who has used both describe to me the difference? I have heard someone on FC say that despite having the eq and the solo, they use solo as their main vape.

Should I spend the 80$ on the eq? or is it not worth it?

Last edited:
tqbf,

max

Out to lunch
using the whip with a low speed fan interests me.
Overrated. That little vapor push doesn't compare to a draw, and just means you have constant vapor output (meaning leakage) when the fan is on.
some missing parts
$80 is a good price, but how much are the parts gonna cost you? You don't say what's missing.

If you're not going to use the bag fill on it, I would pass. For good whip performance, you really need to use the elbow screen, and that'll require constant cleaning.

max,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I have both. And I got the EQ first. It has proven to be reliable to me and had a lot of usage.
But the Solo seems to be the next level of Arizer and I love it.
My EQ actually collects dust for months already, because of the Solo and EVO. I only use the EQ to heat dry bowls after cleaning :D

I could tell these main differences between the two:
-Solo has restricted airflow (newer models not so much) X EQ is the most drag-free vape I experienced, but you can't pull on it too fast.
-EQ can select temp from 50 to 260 °C X Solo has 7 preset temps in the best usable range.
-EQ is "large", stable on table, and has remote control.
-Solo has got better bowl design. Cooks very evenly and quickly by default. X EQ needs a lot of stirring or even bowl mods.
-EQ is more versatile, but Solo can be also made very versatile (except bags and fan assist)
-Solo is much more portable and battery powered (even at home I like to use it instead of EQ because it's so small quick and convenient)

And some similarities:
-Both taste and hit similar
-Both are high-quality and relatively reliable sturdy units.
-Both can optionally beep and remember last temp.

My opinion for you:
Fan assisted hits on EQ are probably something to consider only for people with lung problems...
...I really can't tell a difference. The EQ is already really drag-free, so fan assisting is an overkill.
Fan assist on old restrictive Solos could be awesome :)
You already have the best vape from Arizer, the EQ is good, but there are nicer units.
EQ can do pretty much everything, it can do everything well, but not exceptionally well except being super versatile.
The EQ can be no match for Volcano in blowing bags, no match for 7th floor and log vapes in direct hitting and no match for EVO in water-filter vaping.
There is even that Herbalizer vape that is as universal as EQ yet delivering superior performance.
The EQ is getting old. (edit: but for such a price it is considerable)

Last edited:
Seek,
Reactions: sasNW

al bundy

Vaporist
If you could get it for $50 id get it. Nothing more
I use d Dave cyclone and elbow pack just coating the screen for a really nice one hitter.
No fan no bags I could just coat the screen.
Fora other 80 get the Nano

al bundy,

tqbf

hmm..

yeah, i think i'm gonna skip on this one, the unit didn't seem like it had been well maintained. (it was a disgusting sight)..

well. such is craigslist.

Thanks though.

tqbf,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom