Should Changes Be Made to Vaporizer Descriptions?'

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I agree that plug in and self contained power creates a clear line in the sand. And I'm not suggesting any change to the FC site.

What I'd like to encourage is vape manufacturer/designer creativity when planning the next best vape. If they see a market for "self contained power desktop vapes", I'd hope we would benefit from this potentially expanded market.

"Desktop" is a term appropriated from the computer world and applied to mean "non-portable" vapourizers. I know what you mean, though. The common and mostly accurate perception is that plug-in power trumps self-contained power. A lot goes into such a judgment, however, and the gap is closing. The Zion that I've been testing produces as well as most plug-ins, I think.

LarryYo

Dab connoisseur.... I just like dabs.... a lot
@Mr. Me2 I like where your head is at on this. I am all for innovation. Lets see how great we can make this! kind of attitude its what we need more of in this world.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I do see the issue of pocket-able being subjective and everyone wanting to keep categorizing down more and disagreeing about it until the universe ends. Doesn't change the fact that portable is an overly broad to the point of almost not being helpful umbrella term though. Hmmmm, tough one.

StormyPinkness,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I agree pocketable is a subjective term. But I like to use it sometimes when referring to vapes, but I'm always clear that I find XYZ vape to be personally pocketable or not.

From a marketing standpoint, that's also tough because a vape is not always safe in a pocket by itself. Many people prefer to put a vape in an air-tight container for transportation.

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: MinnBobber
Top Bottom