Shipping piece as artwork?

Status
Not open for further replies.

olivianewtonjohn

First time shipping a piece and I just wanted to double check.....At USPS or UPS when they ask "whats inside" what do you guys say? Thinking about saying artwork since I feel like thats what it is :cool:.

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: thesoloman

thesoloman

"Glass art" would be appropriate IMO. and then you can get one of them brightass glass stickers for the box, so people handle it carefully.
LABELGLS2X3-2.jpg
stock-vector-shipping-handle-with-care-fragile-and-glass-stickers-and-stamps-88148659.jpg

clouded vision

At USPS they don't ask what you are shipping, just if it is fragile or potentially hazardous. just make sure you Mark the box fragile

clouded vision,
Reactions: Bouldorado

Bouldorado

In my experience [USPS] doesn't ask what is specifically unless it's an international shipment and they need the info for customs.

In that case I usually list the piece as dinner ware; like wine glasses or candle holders.

Bouldorado,

olivianewtonjohn

Ok looks like im going with UPS since in this case they are just as fast and cheaper with included insurance. Looks like they dont care about fragile stickers or anything like that. But I will go with glass artwork :whoa: :ninja: :tup:

olivianewtonjohn,

olivianewtonjohn

The fragile stickers are for the benefit of the glass in the box, not a requirement by the shipping company.
I was going off of this:

"Note: UPS does not provide special handling for packages with "Fragile", package orientation (e.g., "UP" arrows or "This End Up" markings), or any other similar such markings."

But you have a good point, it cant hurt to have a fragile sticker/stamp. Regardless going to be double bubble packed with peanuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom