Shipped Vape via FedEx... Getting paranoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eljefemoe

Hey guys - great forum. I've learned a ton from reading and lurking. Hoping some of you can chime in and help me out. I recently shipped my used pax vaporizer via FedEx ground. I had it sent out brand new to meet me in a hotel in vegas. On my last day in town I cleaned it with rubbing alcohol, boxed it up and shipped it out. I sent it via ground. Though I thoroughly cleaned it, there was still a very slight odor if you held the unit up to your nose. Also in the box was a completely clean unused and unopened grinder.

Anyhow, the package left vegas and the hotel the next day. It got to Phoenix 4 days ago and the tracking number hasn't updated since. I'm getting a little paranoid. I'm on the east coast, a long way from Phoenix. I know its the holidays and there was a weekend in there, but I would have expected the package to have at least moved or have been scanned going out of Phoenix by now. Should I be worried?

If the package has been stopped, what are the potential consequences? Don't care about it getting confiscated. I can buy another. I just don't want to have to deal with anything else. I have a pristine/clean record.

Also, I used my name and address as both the destination and sender address. Was that completely idiotic? Does that potentially expose me to more legal issues?

Thanks for your help and advice.

Eljefemoe,

fake name

First off, every vape I have received via fedex has stopped in pheonix or Atlanta or New York for about a week, sometimes it just takes a while for the package to make it through the hub.

If it was cleaned I wouldn't really worry about legal issues, you should be good. If it does end up missing the most likely scenario would be an employee recognized the smell and decided to take it for them self. I'm not saying there are no possible problems, but if I were in the situation I would not be worried.

fake name,
Reactions: Roger D

caseball2051

former fedex employee...

each time a package is loaded onto a truck it is scanned by a handler. its possible for packages to get missed, it happens sometimes.

i woudlnt worry much. this is a funky time of year and i dont know how the potential dock strikes effect fedex bt they might be trying to get more done than they can because of that factor as well.

caseball2051,

Eljefemoe

Thanks, I'm keeping my fingers crossed here. I know I shouldn't be worried, but I really don't want to get into any trouble over this. The tracking number still says its scheduled for delivery on jan 3, so I will just try to be patient.

Eljefemoe,

GR

I have a ground package in a fed ex hub since Saturday , the package was shipped on Thursday from about 20 miles away, it has visited 3 facilities and should be here Wednesdays, don't stress, just business as usual.

GR,
Reactions: Vicki

max

Out to lunch
Though I thoroughly cleaned it, there was still a very slight odor if you held the unit up to your nose.
Many, many used vapes have been shipped via UPS, FEDX, USPS, whatever, and I've never seen a report of one being seized due to residue. You should always give a vape a good cleaning before shipping, seal it up in plastic if possible, then just don't worry about it.

thesoloman

I totally agree with max's post!
You should always give a vape a good cleaning before shipping, seal it up in plastic if possible, then just don't worry about it./QUOTE] find the DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT part to be the hardest part of the vape shipping process. When my i shipped my solo back to Arizer in Canada it took for EVER to get there. I was totally paranoid tripping about it thinking the canadians stole my vape, but one day, after i had already given up hope after almost a month and a new solo later, i received an email from Arizer saying that it finally arrived.
I feel confident saying your pax will be fine.
I TOTALLY FUCKED THE FORMAT OF THE ABOVE MATERIAL BUT THE STUPID QUOTE THING IS MIXING MY QORDS IN WITH WHAT I WAS TRYING TO QUOTE

harmudge

former fedex employee...

each time a package is loaded onto a truck it is scanned by a handler. its possible for packages to get missed, it happens sometimes.

i woudlnt worry much. this is a funky time of year and i dont know how the potential dock strikes effect fedex bt they might be trying to get more done than they can because of that factor as well.

I agree with that.
I have done a bit of work for Fed-Ex in the past...I was the guy they used to call in to deliver all the pakages that had went astray and never made it onto one of their vans...and somedays it would be quite a few.

harmudge,

undertheshade

I can totally see why you're paranoid, but seriously, the odds that someone would recognize the slight smell of vaped weed through a package, then open it, then go through the trouble of taking legal action against you, and then having that actually happen...I mean there's just no way. Just hang out for a bit, I'm sure it'll come. :)

undertheshade,
Reactions: harmudge

Eljefemoe

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I'm not totally freaked out, but just hoping this doesn't turn into some ordeal.

As of this morning the tracking # still hasn't updated since 12/27. But it does say it will arrive in 2 days.

Eljefemoe

So, just to keep the thread going, there is still no update to the tracking number as of today (1/2). It was last scanned entering Phoenix on 12/27. So it's been 6 days (or 3 business days) since updating.

It still lists tomorrow (1/3) as the delivery date. Keep your fingers crossed for me tomorrow. I'll keep the thread up to date.

Eljefemoe,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom