share that dab stash! (picture thread)

whats your favorite kind of concentrate?

• Total voters

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Is it full melt? If so you can use a donut coil but a real one like the QDC (if we are talking about yocan wax pen style coils).

If you need to make that bubble "fult melt" to dab it in a waxpen, or dilute it into something for your e-juice style mix. Then look up hair straightener rosin. But you only need very low heat, like 160f to press out bubble hash. You also want a 25 micron screen or filter. You can use a hash pressing screen to do this into parchment paper.

Yes Full melt
OK I try Yocan Evolve + Donut Coil
Wattage or TC?
On my setup I get better air flow with these little
atty's than my 2.5 Ceramic clones.
Just didn't want to dirty my donuts
Thx for tips I'll try all

Trying to talk my Buddy into building a 12-20 ton press
as I just don't do weed anymore , got to get rid
of my original Volcano also, lol.

tennisguru1,

mc

I hear you, I only do rosin or full melt now if I can help it. And the donuts will get dirty for sure.

if you are serious about concentrates, I suggest you get a TAF sai from HVT

https://humboldtvapetech.com/produc...w-titanium-bucket-coil-installed-w-two-coils/

I also love the Poseidon with the Ti cup. https://humboldtvapetech.com/product/poseidon-v2-bubbler/

So with that first kit you also get a donut coil and a tripple Ti coil. You can ask Vic (owner) to swap out those coils for either Ti cups or others. I suggest keeping the Triple Ti quartz for times you have nice winterized BHO or clean bubble/rosin when you are out and don't want to be Q-tipping your Ti cup. But for at home use it's the Ti cup and poseidon all day erry day.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Super lemon haze flower rosin, squished at 205F in a 160 micron bag.

H9Vgs1I.jpg

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yes this appears to be true --
There is a problem with concentrating weed grown with pesticides.
You're not just concentrating the cannabis, but also the toxins.
Recently it's been found that the use of insects in grow rooms to combat mites is a problem.
Who would've thought their feces were extremely toxic. Then you concentrate them 100x.

So cannabis that passes most tests can make errl that does not pass tests.
So growers and manufacturers are dealing with this issue.
Some are using only cannabis tested as organic to make their errl out of
The shatter/errl/wax I often get is certified by SC labs to be residue and pesticide free, although I think there are 'acceptable limits' in the evaluation.

Nonetheless, this IS a serious issue with concentrates.
Also, keep in mind, OMRI or any other standard is 'safe to eat', not necessarily to smoke or vape.
That's my thought anyway.

Many farmers who thought they were growing organic are failing testing.
There are a lot of factors. Like where your soil comes from, and of course the ferts.
If something is 99% organic -- multiply that 1% by 100x when you make concentrates.
Doing this is making errl that fails tests.

I hope everyone out there is doing it safely.
Rosin appears to be the purest choice, although rosin made from chemical weed.......is chemical rosin.
So using organically grown cannabis is important. Again though, cannabis that tests OK may still make concentrates that won't pass.

I'm glad you brought this up. I'm in California myself however where I'm living the dispensaries are very strict and have passed surprise tests.

Beeeeee safe with your buzzzzzz.
Very interesting post and conclusions. Glad the weed I vape and use for my extractions is home grown by myself in a soil never used since 1910!

Baron23

Super lemon haze flower rosin, squished at 205F in a 160 micron bag.

H9Vgs1I.jpg
You're killing me...LOVE lemon and super lemon haze and nobody in my MMJ state is growing it yet. Asked about it and was told that the yields on that particular variety aren't great while at the same time our MMJ industry is furiously playing catch up and delivery goods as our markets just opened a few months ago.

I'm sure I'll see it at some point...but lemon makes me giggle which ain't easy! haha

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
You're killing me...LOVE lemon and super lemon haze and nobody in my MMJ state is growing it yet. Asked about it and was told that the yields on that particular variety aren't great while at the same time our MMJ industry is furiously playing catch up and delivery goods as our markets just opened a few months ago.

I'm sure I'll see it at some point...but lemon makes me giggle which ain't easy! haha

Thanks Baron! I hope you do find access to this strain soon, nothing like finding a strain you love and then not being able to source it again!

Definitely not the densest or highest yielding variety, and on top of that my rosin yields weren't super high either, but the flavors and effects make it one of my favorites. Here's what the starting material looked like.

H8LHxlZ.jpg

Baron23

Thanks Baron! I hope you do find access to this strain soon, nothing like finding a strain you love and then not being able to source it again!

Definitely not the densest or highest yielding variety, and on top of that my rosin yields weren't super high either, but the flavors and effects make it one of my favorites. Here's what the starting material looked like.

H8LHxlZ.jpg
Beautiful. If we were allowed to grow here, I would grow THAT!! haha

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
339kaid.jpg

i went from mostly bud to mostly shatter. :)

Wow that's quite the selection! :cool:

Are you still micro dosing or are you past that? Some of your posts in the micro dose thread about taking one puff and being content are some of the most inspiring posts on the site. Kinda funny to see you with like 20 grams of wax! :lol: :science:

stressed

Wow that's quite the selection! :cool:

Are you still micro dosing or are you past that? Some of your posts in the micro dose thread about taking one puff and being content are some of the most inspiring posts on the site. Kinda funny to see you with like 20 grams of wax! :lol: :science:
howdy.

i have 11.5 grams of shatter. i can't stop smiling. just for shits and giggles, i decided to go mostly shatter vs mostly bud. i vape an average of .2 g a day. it's kind of microish. :)

i still love that light, happy, let's go to the park kind of buzz. with shatter, i get something else that i like. i just get one level higher than microdosing on bud.

imma ride this horse for another month or 3.

everyday is shatterday! :)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
howdy.

i have 11.5 grams of shatter. i can't stop smiling. just for shits and giggles, i decided to go mostly shatter vs mostly bud. i vape an average of .2 g a day. it's kind of microish. :)

i still love that light, happy, let's go to the park kind of buzz. with shatter, i get something else that i like. i just get one level higher than microdosing on bud.

imma ride this horse for another month or 3.

everyday is shatterday! :)

What's your fav consumption device for shatter? You rocking that Saionara?

invertedisdead,
Reactions: stressed

mc

I'm at about .5-1g a day I think at this point. 12 grams lasts me 3 weeks. luckily I pay rock bottom prices.

stressed

What's your fav consumption device for shatter? You rocking that Saionara?
I LOVE the saionara top air flow. it's perfect for me. the middle gets hot but you don't touch the middle when using it so i don't care. i'd highly recommend it.

i'm also a big fan of the dynavap. my omnivap will be getting an induction heater in a few days. i'm dying to try it out.

i will continue to use my sai. love it berry much!

@mc - when i first started vaping shatter, i could easily vape a gram a day. when i started microdosing bud, i did the same with shatter. i went down to .5 a day (using a herbalizer) then i started using the omnivap and went down to an average of .2 a day.

i got those grams at 35% discount. there is a concentrate price war going on and i'm taking advantage of it. i would have bought more but i was at my legal limit. next week, i can more if there is another deal.

Overgrow!

Last edited:

Baron23

Hey...guess what I found in a dispensary just the other day....yes indeed, SLH!!

It was from a new and VERY beautiful dispensary that is also licensed as a cultivator and processor. They use the brand Liberty but the name of the company is Holistic Industry. Very nice! :tup::rockon::clap:

I'm at about .5-1g a day I think at this point. 12 grams lasts me 3 weeks. luckily I pay rock bottom prices.

Wow, I think I would end up dead. I've been in the MJ game for 50 years (yeah, I'm old) but I don't think I could handle a gram a day of good shatter. I try to keep my 'trates use limited to a couple/few days a week out of fear of an increasing tolerance.

Please feel free to tell me to mind my own business...but have you always had this high of a tolerance. Are you perhaps on pharma meds that increase tolerance (I do know someone who firmly believes that his antidepressants make his MJ less effective hence his very high rate of consumption).

And yes, I'm glad you get it cheaply also! haha :nod::tup:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
The caregiver at my dispensary says most of the concentrate patients seem to use about half a gram of wax per day. I was worried at one point I had gone too far and using too much. I was buying ounces of budder at a time but I was getting it every 2 months. Now I've used my morning flower bowl to gauge my tollerance, if I get as medicated as I expect, I know I'm dosing my concentrates appropriately. I generally medicate with a flower bowl first thing in the morning with a break until lunch then concentrates through bedtime with some 94% raw distillate as the last session before bed.

mc

Wow, I think I would end up dead. I've been in the MJ game for 50 years (yeah, I'm old) but I don't think I could handle a gram a day of good shatter. I try to keep my 'trates use limited to a couple/few days a week out of fear of an increasing tolerance.

Please feel free to tell me to mind my own business...but have you always had this high of a tolerance. Are you perhaps on pharma meds that increase tolerance (I do know someone who firmly believes that his antidepressants make his MJ less effective hence his very high rate of consumption).

And yes, I'm glad you get it cheaply also! haha :nod::tup:

LOL no worries man, ask away. It's mostly rosin, so it's not the same as BHO/PHO, I think it would be more like .3 a day in that case, maybe even less. And again, if it's bubble rosin I'll use less than flower rosin.

Also, I don't really touch flower anymore, I'm not fond of how much it brings me down when the high is gone. So I've moved strictly to concentrates. It was first out of convenience and because of the crazy taste, but now I enjoy the effects more too.

I used to vape an ounce in roughly 2 weeks, and now I'll go through 5-6 G's in 2 weeks. it's the exact same amount and the costs is exactly the same. When I only get 4-5 G's on an ounce then the cost is more effective to stay flower, but I enjoy it so much I squish it anyway :)

Also I still have the pucks to make edibles or QW-EA. So there's a bonus there, I could also vape them.

Baron23

LOL no worries man, ask away. It's mostly rosin, so it's not the same as BHO/PHO, I think it would be more like .3 a day in that case, maybe even less. And again, if it's bubble rosin I'll use less than flower rosin.

Also, I don't really touch flower anymore, I'm not fond of how much it brings me down when the high is gone. So I've moved strictly to concentrates. It was first out of convenience and because of the crazy taste, but now I enjoy the effects more too.

I used to vape an ounce in roughly 2 weeks, and now I'll go through 5-6 G's in 2 weeks. it's the exact same amount and the costs is exactly the same. When I only get 4-5 G's on an ounce then the cost is more effective to stay flower, but I enjoy it so much I squish it anyway :)

Also I still have the pucks to make edibles or QW-EA. So there's a bonus there, I could also vape them.
Thansk for the reply...appreciate it. :tup::clap:

Baron23,
Reactions: mc

Deleted Member 1643

PSd2GjY.jpg

Seeking advice. This is the result of second QWET run from recent harvest. The top is the first wash and the bottom is the second. It's too brittle. When it muffins after a few days of vacuum, it's very difficult to press and flip. It shatters into tiny fragments, even when it's still warm.

Tried remelting the fragments and returning to vacuum. It muffined again, so it wasn't fully purged. Repeated this process twice.

At least it didn't budder, and the effects are excellent. But, why does this happen? Is it this plant? Or purging technique?

The first run didn't finish purging before buddering, but the vacuum chamber imploded. :o It seemed similar before the accident.

Started another thread which the mods can move to ABV, if they'd like.

Last edited:

PactolusKY

i may be totally wrong, but that looks like shatter or snap & pull that has sugared up. $30 is still a good price
What would your opinion be after seeing this current pic? It looks like literal shit lmao but trust it got me blasted off 1 dab.
20180405_202429.jpg

PactolusKY,
Top Bottom