share that dab stash! (picture thread)

whats your favorite kind of concentrate?

• Total voters

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Darkstar Indica Budder, Agent Orange Hybrid Budder. Pretty runny so I expect the terp levels to be high. The agent orange wasn't as strong in citrus smell as I had hoped, it smelled quite a bit more of skunk. Perhaps the taste will be there. The Darkstar is really stinky, cross between two indica favorites of mine, Purple Kush and Mazar.

NQkGrpM.jpg

herbivore21

Wow you can see the quality of products go up from pg 1 on lol
Tell me about it man!

Speaking of, here's a 300x shot of some of my latest 6 star 120u full melt. This was made from some of the most resin-caked flower I've ever seen. What a time to be alive!

yUOWmxD.jpg

Here's a naked eye shot (sorry, this one is grainy).

7uaonBK.jpg

When the going gets Trump, the tough get puffin'!

Baron23

Tell me about it man!

Speaking of, here's a 300x shot of some of my latest 6 star 120u full melt. This was made from some of the most resin-caked flower I've ever seen. What a time to be alive!

yUOWmxD.jpg

Here's a naked eye shot (sorry, this one is grainy).

7uaonBK.jpg

When the going gets Trump, the tough get puffin'!

THAT (^^) is fucking awesome! Also, mouth watering and envy inducing. Hey, I'm coming over with the Pizza to watch the football game and help you vape this stuff...cool? LOL

herbivore21

THAT (^^) is fucking awesome! Also, mouth watering and envy inducing. Hey, I'm coming over with the Pizza to watch the football game and help you vape this stuff...cool? LOL
Lol sure thing brother ;) man the quality of this stuff is really something. The peppery herb-like flavor of the flowers really carried through in this run. The full melt tastes as complex as the flowers - just louder! :D

BTW if any of you ever come across 120u full melt, get it. Ime if your 120u is 6 star, the flower was grown to perfection! Ain't no way to do it otherwise - no matter your hashmaking skills!

EDIT: Holy shit, I got 25u 5 star full melt from the same run that seems to be mostly made up of sessile trichomes!!!! It has much less taste and a different, less fruity more hash/chocolate/cream taste with a wonderful balanced day-time effect. Excellent medicine - do not thumb your nose at 25u people! It can make for great dabbing if it was made well from great material!

Last edited:

herbivore21

Apologies for the double post, but I trust this is worth it :)

Gn8pMdv.jpg

That, my friends, is about .2g of 73u full melt bubble, yes, it is like shatter - but this is the bubble hash literally as collected from the bag, without being pressed, no heads being ruptured or unnecessarily manipulated! It melts rapidly, bubbles furiously with the clearest domes I've ever seen and is definitely the most melty hash I've ever seen. The flavor absolutely explodes in the mouth! :D

This shot is at 2.5x magnification.

Gn0sis

Man that is definitely warranted! I'll do my best to get one when my new Liger with 30mm sapphire insert arrives so I can get a great view with a large dabbing surface :D

I'll aim for an ultra high magnification meltshot focused right over the dish :D

I've never had the opportunity to try full melt hash yet, but your excitement over it has me really curious... how does the full melt compare to very good live resin/live budder? The potency? The taste? The terpene profile and overall content?

herbivore21

I've never had the opportunity to try full melt hash yet, but your excitement over it has me really curious... how does the full melt compare to very good live resin/live budder? The potency? The taste? The terpene profile and overall content?
The taste of full melt is much better IME than live resin from the same starting material. Live resin is extracted very cold of course, but it is inevitably going to take along content from other parts of the plant than just the trichome glands alone. Because of this (and the fact that a fresh flash-frozen plant is going to still have a lot of fresh green plant type terps that usually are long gone when flowers are dried), you do end up with more of the planty taste in a live resin (but still it does get a hell of a lot of taste compared to non live solvent extracts). However, full melt retains more terps by the end of the process (especially when freeze dried) than even live resin and the best rosin budder/wet sugar. This is because live resin still needs to have solvent purged out in a thin film afterwards and this is inevitably going to lead to loss of some of those volatile terps (obviously the extent varies depending on the producer's purge technique and local conditions) vs bubble.

This full melt bubble tastes considerably better than the best live resin I've had and made in the past. Obviously the additional terps are relevant here. As well, I find that the material has much longer effect and I can use less to get as medicated. It has a distinctly psychedelic effect vs the solvent extracts and rosin.

The terp profile you get from full melt vs live resin is definitely a truer representation of the taste of vaping properly dried flower IMO. Depending on how it is produced, you can also get more of that traditional hashy taste that is only found in hash and not in other extracts. I find that hash gets a sweet, creamy undertone that you don't get from live resin and this is my favorite part about full melt.

Gn0sis

The taste of full melt is much better IME than live resin from the same starting material. Live resin is extracted very cold of course, but it is inevitably going to take along content from other parts of the plant than just the trichome glands alone. Because of this (and the fact that a fresh flash-frozen plant is going to still have a lot of fresh green plant type terps that usually are long gone when flowers are dried), you do end up with more of the planty taste in a live resin (but still it does get a hell of a lot of taste compared to non live solvent extracts). However, full melt retains more terps by the end of the process (especially when freeze dried) than even live resin and the best rosin budder/wet sugar. This is because live resin still needs to have solvent purged out in a thin film afterwards and this is inevitably going to lead to loss of some of those volatile terps (obviously the extent varies depending on the producer's purge technique and local conditions) vs bubble.

This full melt bubble tastes considerably better than the best live resin I've had and made in the past. Obviously the additional terps are relevant here. As well, I find that the material has much longer effect and I can use less to get as medicated. It has a distinctly psychedelic effect vs the solvent extracts and rosin.

The terp profile you get from full melt vs live resin is definitely a truer representation of the taste of vaping properly dried flower IMO. Depending on how it is produced, you can also get more of that traditional hashy taste that is only found in hash and not in other extracts. I find that hash gets a sweet, creamy undertone that you don't get from live resin and this is my favorite part about full melt.

Thank you for that thorough description! Literally started salivating from reading it. Wish it was easy to source full melt in my restrictive state, but I'm definitely gonna try to hunt some down.

Last edited:

OldOyler

Fire it again. I can still find the ground.
Peace all!

Well, since @momofthegoons didn't make me any breakfast, I had to forage and scrape for myself!

Fresh homemade Afghan Skunk shatter for breakfast! (Or indica-dom Green Crack if you prefer)

Rock hard shatter, like wow rock candy hard.

And sorry for the tiny kief piece at bottom of slab, took me so long to take pic after vaping that I was bumping into all sorts of crap...

:tup:

Good things and good vaping to everyone.

XAQ0NvQ.jpg

pxwkEua.jpg

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Quality Concentrates XJ-13

SAfvy61.jpg

Quality Concentrates Ghost Walker, terps on this one were stupid and it was sugaring up on the parchment already so I decided to put it on a new piece and whip it up a little bit... started to sugar up on me.

fGAy1zn.jpg

Miss Nug Run Remy Kush Live Resin, same deal as with the QC Ghost Walker, terpenes were off the charts and it was mostly sugared up, and what wasn't was really light and shattery. Gave her the whip in a silicone container and she sugared up a lot prettier than the Ghost Walker. Miss Nug Run is one of my personal favorites, everything of her's that I've copped has been fantastic. Her Tangie Dream was one of my top 10 favorites of all time, so it's basically a no-brainer getting this. Yes, I removed the little hair in that picture soon as I spotted it :tup:

MsnTd6X.jpg

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Apologies for the double post, but I trust this is worth it :)

Gn8pMdv.jpg

That, my friends, is about .2g of 73u full melt bubble, yes, it is like shatter - but this is the bubble hash literally as collected from the bag, without being pressed, no heads being ruptured or unnecessarily manipulated! It melts rapidly, bubbles furiously with the clearest domes I've ever seen and is definitely the most melty hash I've ever seen. The flavor absolutely explodes in the mouth! :D

This shot is at 2.5x magnification.
The bubble hash I posted earlier was very shattery when I first got it. Since it is my first bubble I thought it was all like that. After enjoying a little bit I put it aside to cure for a few weeks. All this talk of bubble hash made me break it out again last week.

It has now become soft and crumbly. The flavor seems more complex and the effects a little more psychedelic.

I've still got half of it left, I'm going to cure the rest for a few more weeks.

ODAEFiY.jpg

I find that hash gets a sweet, creamy undertone that you don't get from live resin and this is my favorite part about full melt.
I have noticed that creaminess as well. It is indeed a very flavorful treat.

This bubble I have also has a very pungent aroma. It punches you in the face when you open the container.

The strain is GMO Cookies and it has a distinct gasoline taste along with some kush notes, a hint of skunk, and the aforementioned creaminess. It tastes unlike anything I've ever had before, I'm not sure how much of that is due to the strain itself as I've never tried it in flower form.

herbivore21

The bubble hash I posted earlier was very shattery when I first got it. Since it is my first bubble I thought it was all like that. After enjoying a little bit I put it aside to cure for a few weeks. All this talk of bubble hash made me break it out again last week.

It has now become soft and crumbly. The flavor seems more complex and the effects a little more psychedelic.

I've still got half of it left, I'm going to cure the rest for a few more weeks.

ODAEFiY.jpg

I have noticed that creaminess as well. It is indeed a very flavorful treat.

This bubble I have also has a very pungent aroma. It punches you in the face when you open the container.

The strain is GMO Cookies and it has a distinct gasoline taste along with some kush notes, a hint of skunk, and the aforementioned creaminess. It tastes unlike anything I've ever had before, I'm not sure how much of that is due to the strain itself as I've never tried it in flower form.
That hash is starting to white out brother. This happens when we store it in conditions that are a little warm for too long, seems to happen much more quickly if the material is especially fire and loaded with terps.

You should consider putting that into an airtight container and then putting it in the fridge for the cure, less terp loss/oxidation that way :) Doesn't sound like the material has suffered at all yet though so get it into the fridge now to avoid further whiting out :) It'll become like dry powder soon and lose all clarity/optical properties as the solvent parts of the heads start to dissipate away.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
That hash is starting to white out brother. This happens when we store it in conditions that are a little warm for too long, seems to happen much more quickly if the material is especially fire and loaded with terps.

You should consider putting that into an airtight container and then putting it in the fridge for the cure, less terp loss/oxidation that way :) Doesn't sound like the material has suffered at all yet though so get it into the fridge now to avoid further whiting out :) It'll become like dry powder soon and lose all clarity/optical properties as the solvent parts of the heads start to dissipate away.
Thanks for the advice, as always. You just gave me the push needed to stop being stingy and enjoy the bubble hash. I can be a bit of a hoarder at times. I think I will not bother with any additional cure, and consume it during this week of thanksgiving.

herbivore21

Thanks for the advice, as always. You just gave me the push needed to stop being stingy and enjoy the bubble hash. I can be a bit of a hoarder at times. I think I will not bother with any additional cure, and consume it during this week of thanksgiving.
Always happy to help my friend! It is such a beautiful thing to enjoy isn't it! I'm so glad that you have had the chance to experience it :D

Enjoy that tasty melty goodness this thanksgiving sir. Something to truly be thankful for!

Here are a few ultra up close shots of my latest 45u. just about the worst material I got from the last bubble run:

BS5n9UF.jpg

rrwuG9l.jpg

Believe it or not, this only just makes the cut for being dabbable resin (a bare 5 star). In these flowers, 45u heads are somewhat immature and for this reason, have less stuff that melts in the secretory cavity within the gland (where the good stuff gets deposited after biosynthesis).

Last edited:

OldOyler

Fire it again. I can still find the ground.
Peace all!

Wow do I hate following an herbivore21 post...

Homemade ind-dominant Green Crack qwet second-wash only...let's call it shatter. More like...brown sugar shatter goo, had to put in fridge for ten minutes to get off slick pad and into jar for pic.

I had 600ML of EC in a bottle holding second-wash of this strain only, just over about a month of runs or something, and figured I DO have a shartload of learnin' to do...

I am thinking it gets gooey with a lot of immature resin heads, since some of the supply was just at week 8 flw when I obtained it? (Me mostly talking :shit: there, just trying to think like you folks!)

Gave me 1.6g return.

Plenty good (spaced off for almost 10 min while trying to finish this post), mildly rough vape being second-wash. Happier with it like this than I would have been with it as green dragon though. Maybe it'll be my nighttime meds.

Peace all!

8D64FyI.jpg

Top Bottom