• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

share that dab stash! (picture thread)

whats your favorite kind of concentrate?

• Total voters

BoogerMan

Wiki: a process where cells, whole tissues, or any other substances susceptible to damage caused by chemical reactivity or time are preserved by cooling to sub-zero temperatures. At low enough temperatures, any enzymatic or chemical activity which might cause damage to the material in question is effectively stopped. Cryopreservation methods seek to reach low temperatures without causing additional damage caused by the formation of ice during freezing. Traditional cryopreservation has relied on coating the material to be frozen with a class of molecules termed cryoprotectants. New methods are constantly being investigated due to the inherent toxicity of many cryoprotectants. By default it should be considered that Cryopreservation alters/compromises the structure and function of cells unless it is proven otherwise for a particular cell population.

I could be wrong, but, I do not believe the extraction companies put there cannabis in a Frigidaire before processing, not the good ones anyway.lol

The super sub-zero freeze is the trick, I believe, to "true" live resin/nectar. But I have been wrong before.

Either way, what you made LOOKS like something that would catch my eye in a disp. If it stinks upon opening the parchment paper, I'd hoard a couple g's. Very impressive, man.

Here's a shot of my favorite concentrate extraction companies Clear Concentrates, Cali Clementine and Good Time Lime.
jGsqCWq.jpg

A collab between Green Dot Labs(Colorado) and Clear Concentrates(California) would be my version of the "Dream Team".

Thanks for the info!

Oh yeah that dream team sounds amazing! Some of the best meds available! I'm jealous!

Lol yeah I'm definitely not doing that. Just a plain old freezer.

Don't get me wrong, lab made cannabis oil will almost always be better than home made. But here in AZ it's pretty expensive and not super abundant at the dispensaries. So I like to make my own for that reason and because it's just damn fun :tup:

Don't have the funds for a super sub zero freezer at the moment but will definitely look into one (and a better extraction system as well. Currently just graduated college and job searching so the funds should be available soon I hope haha).

I guarantee doing the cryo freeze would work better by at least increasing the yield and I'm sure much more. I crumbled up my blasted fresh frozen bud between my fingers and it still had a slight aroma and a tiny bit of resin left in it. I bet these were the strong ass trichomes that didn't break off (because they weren't cold enough?). A closed loop to soak it in would probably help too.

Anyways here's an update.

Run 1 after 48 hours and 4 flips in the vac. Yummy stuff :haw:

@Silver420Surfer would you buy this if you saw it and it smelled like a cherry jolly rancher? :freak:
07D32E96-860E-4009-9AFF-20F2989B02CE_zpstjcpu7au.jpg

C15EB337-9F0F-45A4-822F-6ED6EE5C877F_zpsenoz6wnl.jpg

I like this butter consistency it turns into after 48 hours. It's different. I just made some shatter so having both to make a nerds rope is fun :ko:

I think it buttering up instead of staying sappy is probably the strain because I have blasted cured nug of a sister plant and it sort of buttered up like this.

Run 2 after 24 hours and 2 flips in the vac. You can see it starting to butter up in some spots just like run 1 did after 24 hours.

5EDEF7B8-C3B8-4B47-800C-4151341AB172_zps8syz7xbo.jpg

Last edited:

BoogerMan

Run 2 of the Semi (lol @Silver420Surfer) Live Resin all done. A portion of it stayed clear/shatter, and the part that fogged up stayed more like wet sugar instead of buttering up to a drier consistency like run 1 did. There were more larger size nugs in this second batch so that's my guess as to why it didn't fully butter up. Higher amount of terpenes? I even purged it for an extra 6 hours compared to run 1 :shrug:

Anyways, here's my current dab stash. It's one of the best I've had to date, lots of different consistencies, and all homemade :tup:

Jars left to right:
DreamTonite hash/kief
Sweet Kush sap
DreamTonite crumble
Live Resin Cherry Kush Run 1 butter
Live Resin Cherry Kush Run 2 sugar

Slick Pads left to right:
Unknown strain trim run shatter (2 pieces)
Live Resin Cherry Kush sugar/shatter
A7AB14A3-EC9B-4317-9672-5D9526BE3539_zpsjiiiebms.jpg

Last edited:

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
@DieHard ---Probably some of the finest concentrate I have ever had. I'm jealous and it's sitting right next to me on the desk lol.

The other pic is just leftovers.
Haven't made it out to the dispensary yet to get ready for the weekly Fri/Sat night FC Longmont Colorado Session. Big Live Resin drop tomorrow, so pics to follow.

Happy Friday and feel free to PM me to join in on the sesh!

BoogerMan

Live Resin DreamTonite (Blue Dream x Kryptonite) popcorn.

3.7 oz wet weight

It's a little frostier than the Cherry Kush I just did, but not by much. I'm not expecting much for yield.

This stuff doesn't have a very strong aroma. Smells mostly just like "fresh" greens. Maybe it got a little too much nitrogen during flower. I'm interested to see if the wax will be fairly mild in taste :shrug:

If it tastes like crap it will be decarbed and either baked with or put into pill capsules :( :\

I'm going to freeze it for a little longer this time. Maybe 36-48 hours. I don't have time until Friday night to blast so that's why :ko:

98027844-4B9C-4AEB-9721-05EB0D2A5B04_zps3vf4ht1p.jpg

100DBF38-C65E-46D1-B5CB-D6CE20DC9A0F_zpshtxa3orm.jpg

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
@BoogerMan - At the risk of being rude, I wish you really would quit calling that "live resin" lol.
That is so far from proper liver resin/live nectar/ live resin batter, it's really going to start confusing people.
Folks on FC have been putting dried buds/fresh buds/fresh trim in the freezer with butane for quite some time WITHOUT even remotely calling/thinking it was anything other than bho shatter/honeycomb or whatever. Buttery shatter IS NOT live resin.

"Live resin is when a freshly harvested plant is immediately frozen with liquid nitrogen, thus giving an extract extremely high in THC-A and preserving lots of terpenes lost to rapid decarboxylation during drying/curing. The plant is either dry sieved and further extracted with butane, or immediately processed with butane."

It's the deep freeze with the cryo,imo, that makes the difference. Anybody can throw a plant into their Frigidaire freezer chest and then run it, but THAT IS NOT LIVE RESIN.

Sorry to get snooty, but there is enough mis-information in the canna world, we don't need to promote more of it here.

Here is today's pickup from Green Dream Health in Gun Barrel, Co.
BEST shop hands down, flower or concentrate. Some of the most knowledgeable budtenders as well.

CmnjyGE.jpg

rf17BoP.jpg

This has had all wax and lipids removed, and will NOT begin to auto-budder, which I've had many good companies shatter do, doesn't mean it's not good, it's just not as good as what you're looking at in the picture lol.

Aw9ujj2.jpg

I have learned so much from this place, I just wanted to stop "live resin-gate", before it went any further.

I love to share if any of you ever make it out this way, you especially @BoogerMan !!!!!

:peace:

P.S.-- This is made by the same folks at Incredible's Edibles(well probably not by the people who make the candy, but the company as a whole) http://iconosquare.com/incredible_extracts

Last edited:

herbivore21

@BoogerMan - At the risk of being rude, I wish you really would quit calling that "live resin" lol.
That is so far from proper liver resin/live nectar/ live resin batter, it's really going to start confusing people.
Folks on FC have been putting dried buds/fresh buds/fresh trim in the freezer with butane for quite some time WITHOUT even remotely calling/thinking it was anything other than bho shatter/honeycomb or whatever. Buttery shatter IS NOT live resin.

"Live resin is when a freshly harvested plant is immediately frozen with liquid nitrogen, thus giving an extract extremely high in THC-A and preserving lots of terpenes lost to rapid decarboxylation during drying/curing. The plant is either dry sieved and further extracted with butane, or immediately processed with butane."

It's the deep freeze with the cryo,imo, that makes the difference. Anybody can throw a plant into their Frigidaire freezer chest and then run it, but THAT IS NOT LIVE RESIN.

Sorry to get snooty, but there is enough mis-information in the canna world, we don't need to promote more of it here.

Here is today's pickup from Green Dream Health in Gun Barrel, Co.
BEST shop hands down, flower or concentrate. Some of the most knowledgeable budtenders as well.

CmnjyGE.jpg

rf17BoP.jpg

This has had all wax and lipids removed, and will NOT begin to auto-budder, which I've had many good companies shatter do, doesn't mean it's not good, it's just not as good as what you're looking at in the picture lol.

Aw9ujj2.jpg

I have learned so much from this place, I just wanted to stop "live resin-gate", before it went any further.

I love to share if any of you ever make it out this way, you especially @BoogerMan !!!!!

:peace:

P.S.-- This is made by the same folks at Incredible's Edibles(well probably not by the people who make the candy, but the company as a whole) http://iconosquare.com/incredible_extracts
I also don't mean to be rude, but your quote defining live resin there is from a reddit post and I cannot see any readily apparent reason why this would be some kind of authoritative source on such topics? Especially given that the person who posted this was asking a question (or perhaps more specifically; clarifying what others had said above), not making a statement (see: http://www.reddit.com/r/C710LORADO/...what_is_it_exactly_and_have_you_tried/clg0w65 ). In any case, this doesn't seem like the words of somebody we should hold up as the arbiter of live resin!

Also, that definition precludes anything made without butane, which makes no sense at all. Most any traditional solvent will benefit from this technique! Also the reference to dry sifting (which must be done at room temp or certainly not below 0c) would mean that some terps would be lost, reducing the benefit you would get from liquid nitrogen vs a traditional freezer.

I really am not meaning to pick an argument, as a scientist I know that liquid nitrogen is going to preserve the terps off freshly harvested material even moreso than sticking the material straight into a freezer.

Still, putting that freshly harvested material straight into a proper freezer at the lowest possible temp definitely preserves plenty of that fresh plant flavor which just isn't there if the material was dried and cured. If we want to decide on not calling other kinds of fresh frozen material 'live resin', I want to make it clear to all who are reading that fresh frozen is still light years ahead of using cured material!

Whilst for safety reasons, I will not use liquid nitrogen until such time as I have somewhere safe to store it and work with it more easily (for various reasons I won't go into), I could never go back after using fresh frozen!

That is some nice looking oil there by the way :)

Last edited:

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
What was posted above in those tubes is not straight from ground to deep freeze, hence not live resin, that looks like sugared/auto buddered shatter, just like many shops around here are trying to sell off as "live resin". I'm not knocking what he has produced on his own, just not proper to call it "live resin", whether you want to or not. When I first came out to Colo, I tried a company in Denver who had Live Resin for $50/g all day, out the door. Tons of strain varities. Each had a rather muted flavor, but looked all sugary and sweet like the above
@BoogerMan photos. Wow, I thought that was cool. Until I found real live resin/nectar, which was produced like mentioned in my og post or below here. After talking with co-workers and reps from said companies, did I come to the realization that what I had been sold at $50/g, was CLEARLY from the words of leading concentrate extracters, NOT live resin, and neither is the product in @BoogerMan's posts.

From the makers of some of the finest live resin, GreenDotLabs: "Our goal for 2014 is to move toward live plant resins, which introduce cryogenics to the extraction method. Live plant resins are made using the same process as shatter, except before we run the extraction the full plant is placed into a cryogenic freezer that allows the plant to retain even more flavor, potency, and medicinal effects."

I struck the "dry sift" out of my last post, didn't even realize it was there, my intent was the cryro freeze part.

Interesting fact I thought: Incredible's Extracts takes their live resin one step further with removing all waxes and lipids. I have been told they have a machine that does this ,and currently, are the only ones in Colorado, who do, at this time. What it is, I wasn't able to talk long enough with the person to get a model name or type. If I am lucky enough to run into this person again, I will note it in this thread.

If you ever come to Colorado, treat yourself right and by true live resin/nectar, not high priced sugared/budder shatter, you won't regret it, I swear. Imagine the first time you tired good quality wax/honeycomb/shatter, and were like amazed it tasted so much more flavorful than good flowers did , well x that by 10, and that's the diff between good shatter and good live resin, imo, regarding smell/taste. Nobody has to take my word for it, but there is a reason the good companies announce a drop of live res and it's sold out in hours each and every time. I have to get up for my disp's 8am opening to call and put an order on hold for me so I don't miss out. Because by 10 the fiends are already there and waiting.

Last edited:
Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: BoogerMan

herbivore21

What was posted above in those tubes is not straight from ground to deep freeze, hence not live resin, that looks like sugared/auto buddered shatter, just like many shops around here are trying to sell off as "live resin". I'm not knocking what he has produced on his own, just not proper to call it "live resin", whether you want to or not. When I first came out to Colo, I tried a company in Denver who had Live Resin for $50/g all day, out the door. Tons of strain varities. Each had a rather muted flavor, but looked all sugary and sweet like the above
@BoogerMan photos. Wow, I thought that was cool. Until I found real live resin/nectar, which was produced like mentioned in my og post or below here. After talking with co-workers and reps from said companies, did I come to the realization that what I had been sold at $50/g, was CLEARLY from the words of leading concentrate extracters, NOT live resin. I

From the makers of some of the finest live resin, GreenDotLabs: "Our goal for 2014 is to move toward live plant resins, which introduce cryogenics to the extraction method. Live plant resins are made using the same process as shatter, except before we run the extraction the full plant is placed into a cryogenic freezer that allows the plant to retain even more flavor, potency, and medicinal effects."

I struck the "dry sift" out of my last post, didn't even realize it was there, my intent was the cryro freeze part.

Interesting fact I thought: Incredible's Extracts takes their live resin one step further with removing all waxes and lipids. I have been told they have a machine that does this ,and currently, are the only ones in Colorado, who do, at this time. What it is, I wasn't able to talk long enough with the person to get a model name or type. If I am lucky enough to run into this person again, I will note it in this thread.

Oh you mean it was fresh of the plant but never frozen? If so I get what you mean ;)

I also remove all of the waxes and lipids from my shatter too, I don't get glass like consistency, I get quartz! I'm surprised that this is not commonplace lol it is so much smoother to dab and the taste comes out more (winterization only loses flavor if your technique is not good enough)!

I can think of a few different lab techniques that might be used to remove waxes and fats, but what I can think of is either overkill (in terms of cost and effort) or just various different juiced up versions of winterization with lab equipment! I am interested to hear what this machine does exactly!

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Apparently the equipment is quite expensive, I know that doesn't help. I will try to get that info for the curious of us.

I still have some of the janky "resin" I was wrongly sold, I'll get that pic posted tmrw, gotta sleep before work.

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
@BoogerMan photos. Wow, I thought that was cool. Until I found real live resin/nectar, which was produced like mentioned in my og post or below here. After talking with co-workers and reps from said companies, did I come to the realization that what I had been sold at $50/g, was CLEARLY from the words of leading concentrate extracters, NOT live resin, and neither is the product in @BoogerMan's posts.

If you ever come to Colorado, treat yourself right and by true live resin/nectar, not high priced sugared/budder shatter, you won't regret it, I swear. Imagine the first time you tired good quality wax/honeycomb/shatter, and were like amazed it tasted so much more flavorful than good flowers did , well x that by 10, and that's the diff between good shatter and good live resin, imo, regarding smell/taste. Nobody has to take my word for it, but there is a reason the good companies announce a drop of live res and it's sold out in hours each and every time. I have to get up for my disp's 8am opening to call and put an order on hold for me so I don't miss out. Because by 10 the fiends are already there and waiting.

Live resin is simply resin extracted from fresh frozen plant material. Your posts are the first I've heard of cryogenic freezing for this purpose but I could see it being beneficial if a lab needs to pump large amounts of product out as the freezing is instantaneous but you're not going to lose much if any of the terp profile if you chop and then immediately put the plant material in the freezer.

Dewaxing concentrates is easy and expensive equipment is again only necessary for pumping out large amounts of product fast.

There are tons of variables that can cause the sugared/butter shatter or any other consistency such as strain, purge length, purge temp just to mention a few big ones.

Last edited:
MileHighLife,
Reactions: BoogerMan

BoogerMan

Sorry @Silver420Surfer I didn't think it was that big of a deal that I was calling it live resin

The resin is still live when I freeze it, so to me, it is home-made live resin. And the end product is way way different, in taste, color and texture, compared to running dried material (frozen or not).

I have ran these same exact stains, Cherry Kush and DreamTonite, grown by the same guy, as both fresh frozen and dried/cured. The color of the fresh frozen runs have been lighter in color, much stronger smelling and tasting, and are a different texture compared to the dried/cured runs. Same exact extraction process, temp, purge time, etc is used for both fresh frozen and dried/cured.

So I guess whether or not this is Live Resin, it is definitely resulting in a different end product in all ways.

Again, as I have said before, this stuff I make is nowhere near the stuff you get from those big extraction companies, but it's the best I can do around where I live. I don't sell this and I don't try to claim that it's something it's not, so I apologize for calling it live resin if it is not actually live resin.

I'll call it fresh frozen from now on.

Howerver, on multiple other cannabis websites I have seen fresh frozen and live resin interchanged, so I know you (@Silver420Surfer) are trying to keep the terminology proper here on FC, but I was just calling it that based off what I've seen others call it.

I just see it as like how Tylenol is sometimes called Advil by people. Same stuff basically, just different names.

Live resin and fresh frozen to me are the same :2c: just different names for a similar product.

If I am wrong, I apologize. Just my opinion.

I can call it fresh frozen from now on @Silver420Surfer (or whatever you think I should call it?)

We need a damn cannabis/extraction dictionary for all of these terms. Then we can for sure say what is the correct term and what is not.

All I know is that whatever the fuck I'm making im more than happy with it :tup: and it tastes way better than anything I have been able to purchase from a dispensary :cheers:

I'm about to do that run in a few hours so I'll post up some pics soon.

Last edited:

BoogerMan

Okay so here is the run I just did.

Sorry for the double post mods! I tried to edit my last one and paste this info in there, but it wasn't working for some reason. Feel free to merge my last post with this one.

I got the material immediately after it was cut, packed the tubes and had it in the freezer within 1 hour from it being cut down.

I froze it for almost 48 hours before running it with butane.

I'm not sure how fast the CO guys freeze their product. I wonder if 1 hour makes a huge difference compared to just a few minutes?

Does the resin become not live after a certain period of time? Is that 1 minute? 1 hour? 1 day?

I'm thinking the deep -350F freeze is the key (but should be done as soon as possible after chopping the plant. The sooner the better I'm sure).

I definitely understand that shatter that butters up isn't live resin LMAO! I have had many strains auto butter over time that were bone dry when ran. I was calling it live resin because the plant was fresh and not dried/cured.

Like @MileHighLife said, there are many factors, especially strain and whether or not it was dewaxed, that all play a role in the end consistency.

I understand live resin is usually sappy (especially if dewaxed then it will almost always be sappy), but it can also be very buttery from what I've seen on IG and in person.

When I was back home in WA I went to a legal store called Treehouse Club in Spokane with my buddy and got some some King Louis XIII live resin and it was like wet sugar. My buddy said it was from a well known extraction business in WA so I'd assume it was given the deep freeze. I can't recall the company but I'll try to figure it out. The Treehouse Club has a few Live Resin strains right now pushing close to 90% THC so I'm thinking they are doing it right. But maybe not?

Anyways, here is what I decided to call it @Silver420Surfer @herbivore21 @MileHighLife

F.F.W.L.R.U.M.F.F.A.-5F

Is this name okay? I hope it doesn't get confused with real live resin anymore :lol:

Now lets see who can guess what that stands for? :evil:

Okay I won't make you guess. :freak:

It stands for:

Fresh Frozen Wannabe Live Resin Using My Frigidaire Freezer At -5 Fahrenheit :rofl:

Haha I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be a dick @Silver420Surfer. I become a jokester when I get into awkward situations. Please don't take either of my last two posts offensively. If you knew me personally you would understand I am serious about 1% of the time and this is not one of those times :nod:

It looks very similar in color to the Cherry Kush F.F.W.L.R.U.M.F.F.A.-5F I did a week or two ago. Really nice yellow/blonde color. Smells great too! Stinking up the whole house. It doesn't have the sweet smell like the cherry did, but damn it sure smells good still.

Idk if I will ever go back to normal dried/cured runs, even if the yield is better. Trapping these live terpenes (even if I am not fully trapping all of them by just using a normal freezer) it still makes the concentrate taste incredible and IMO way better than normal dried/cured runs!

Anyways, all pattied up :D Time to vac for a few days.

I will get better pics soon. I think my camera lens on my phone is dirty/has a fingerprint on it because my pics look crappier than normal… Sorry y'all!

With natural light through a window:
36E4ECA0-8D29-4680-B640-A5E2276B22CD_zpskkmr9gii.jpg

In the vac with camera flash:
962D6877-FC2B-4E50-9147-CD686015B63C_zpscaxz4kwg.jpg

Oh and I am saving the material from my last Cherry Kush and my current DreamTonite F.F.W.L.R.U.M.F.F.A.-5F run to see if there is anything left over after it dries. So I plan on letting it fully dry (bone dry) for a week or two and then pack it into a tube and blast it again (not frozen) and see if anything comes out. This will tell me how efficient my F.F.W.L.R.U.M.F.F.A.-5F process is.

@Silver420Surfer So it seems like real live resin is frozen as soon as the plant is chopped? Like cut, walk over to the liquid nitrogen tank, then dip it in the liquid and freeze that shit. So like 1-2 minutes after being chopped? But if they do it this way, it will include all of the stems.

Or do you think they remove all of the buds from the stems first and then freeze it? If they do it this way, I wonder how long the buds are sitting before they get frozen in the liquid nitrogen?

And if they are using liquid nitrogen, that stuff is like -350F so only about -345F colder than my frigidaire :rofl:

This is the stuff that I really want to know. Cause if they do all that with the liquid nitrogen and such, then I wholeheartedly apologize for calling my stuff live resin. The real live resin (if thats ^ how they do it) sounds like heaven.

@Silver420Surfer I will have to come to CO just to try some real live resin. Or just wait until cannabis is legal in all states and then we can just start ordering stuff online and getting it shipped like you can with alcohol :D That will be awesome!

I decided to pack the tubes after getting the fresh material and then freeze them so the material would be colder when I blast.

If I freeze the material immediately, and then pack the tubes in 24-48 hours, the material will start to thaw as I pack the tubes because it is 80F in my house. AZ is already 115F :(

Seems like lab grade equipment is what is really needed, and since I don't have a license to obtain that stuff, I guess I'll stick to my F.F.W.L.R.U.M.F.F.A.-5F for now haha :D

Last edited:

Monsoon

Here are some pics of my most recent QWISO runs of PowerPlant and Chocolope. The latter still needs another day or so of purging to finish it off but I did a couple test dabs and it's got a good taste to it that's at least resembles the original flower a bit. The PowerPlant isn't quite as tasty but has a nice indica buzz and some flavour to it.

HBslcKF.jpeg

PowerPlant on top, Chocolope on the bottom

yJSbZZg.jpeg

PowerPlant closeup slab #1

D6oxBq6.jpeg

PowerPlant closeup slab #2

grLFWiS.jpeg

Chocolope, still a bit sticky so had to snap a pic quickly.

The vertical streak in the middle of the last photois a bit of auto-budder but I should be able to break up the slab around it when it's done. The other slab was a bit worse but it was close to the edge so I carved it off mid-purge and used it in capsules which I'm enjoying now :D

BoogerMan

Here are some pics of my most recent QWISO runs of PowerPlant and Chocolope. The latter still needs another day or so of purging to finish it off but I did a couple test dabs and it's got a good taste to it that's at least resembles the original flower a bit. The PowerPlant isn't quite as tasty but has a nice indica buzz and some flavour to it.

HBslcKF.jpeg

PowerPlant on top, Chocolope on the bottom

yJSbZZg.jpeg

PowerPlant closeup slab #1

D6oxBq6.jpeg

PowerPlant closeup slab #2

grLFWiS.jpeg

Chocolope, still a bit sticky so had to snap a pic quickly.

The vertical streak in the middle of the last photois a bit of auto-budder but I should be able to break up the slab around it when it's done. The other slab was a bit worse but it was close to the edge so I carved it off mid-purge and used it in capsules which I'm enjoying now :D

That's some damn fine QWISO @Monsoon :tup:

EDIT:

This FFWLR (I decided to shorten it :rofl:) is super sappy! Almost like honey.

The only way I could flip it was to freeze it for a few minutes lol! it was stuck to the oil slick at 78F. Usually I can just put a piece of slick sheet on the top, press it firmly/smooth it out, flip it, then pull off the bottom piece quickly, exposing the underside of the patty. But this stuff needed to go back into the freezer before I could remove the bottom piece. And I don't think it's butane causing it to be liquidy because there were only a few small rainbow bubbles left when I started purging again. This is a pretty small amount. Maybe 1-1.5g and it was 110F outside :evil: when I blasted so a ton of butane evaporated outside lol. Will check it in the morning.

I had a small taste and and it's great! Stronger in flavor than I expected. Idk how to describe it though. The best I can come up with is that it tastes fresh. Almost like clean. Not like minty but just clean. Idk I'm :smug: lol. It's goodz :wave:

Back in the chamber for a while.

As promised
9F99F080-1B34-496D-8DD2-D46B639E1C6F_zpsxfpvmb3u.jpg

Last edited:

BoogerMan

My FFWLR Cherry Kush Sugar Wax glistening in the afternoon sun :cool: looks like rock candy to me :drool:

E5786C29-6E7B-44A6-B461-84B047FF4F5E_zpscxznglm7.jpg

Up next, I'm probably going to do an oz of this dried/cured Cherry Kush popcorn/trim.

728B1E67-39F5-43C2-B548-0ED43A832E58_zpsu8odss4q.jpg

I am interested in comparing the FFWLR and the dried/cured bho.

It was dried for 5 days at 50% RH and 75F. Then it has been curing in jars for 10 days.

It is still a little moist so I'll lay it out on a tray for the day at 80F and then put it outside for a short period of time tomorrow if needed to get it nice and dry.

I'll run it tomorrow so we shall see how it compares :science:

Monsoon

That's some damn fine QWISO @Monsoon :tup:
Thanks, I'm really happy with it. Vacuum purging has made a huge difference in quality, I highly recommend it for anyone doing alcohol extractions.

The only way I could flip it was to freeze it for a few minutes lol! it was stuck to the oil slick at 78F. Usually I can just put a piece of slick sheet on the top, press it firmly/smooth it out, flip it, then pull off the bottom piece quickly, exposing the underside of the patty. But this stuff needed to go back into the freezer before I could remove the bottom piece. And I don't think it's butane causing it to be liquidy because there were only a few small rainbow bubbles left when I started purging again. This is a pretty small amount. Maybe 1-1.5g and it was 110F outside :evil: when I blasted so a ton of butane evaporated outside lol. Will check it in the morning.

I had a small taste and and it's great! Stronger in flavor than I expected. Idk how to describe it though. The best I can come up with is that it tastes fresh. Almost like clean. Not like minty but just clean. Idk I'm :smug: lol. It's goodz :wave:

Terps can also be solvents, maybe that's why it's liquidy? Either way it looks and sounds delicious, I'm super jealous.

Also out of curiosity, what temp do you usually purge at or do you even use heat?

Monsoon,

herbivore21

Thanks, I'm really happy with it. Vacuum purging has made a huge difference in quality, I highly recommend it for anyone doing alcohol extractions.

Terps can also be solvents, maybe that's why it's liquidy? Either way it looks and sounds delicious, I'm super jealous.

Also out of curiosity, what temp do you usually purge at or do you even use heat?
Terps can indeed act as a solvent, but to get high enough concentrations of terps to make your material significantly runny from a given extraction, terps generally will have been added beyond what came from the plant (lots of dispensaries do this) - even with fresh frozen material/live resin/whatever acronym we are using now (lol).

The terpiest absolutes I've seen test results for will still not be more than 5-10% terpenes.

Nothing wrong with adding terps after the fact to a concentrate if people like it so long as they are added within safe limits though :)

Have any of you guys in states where places offer testing ever considered getting a sample of your own shatter tested? I'd love to do this!

Top Bottom