• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

share that dab stash! (picture thread)

whats your favorite kind of concentrate?

• Total voters

EliElixir

Qwet. Woot woot!
22398d1396078716-holy-smiles-sublingual-elixir-shatter.jpg

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
That's beautiful QWET @EliElixir! :)

Ethanol is my favorite solvent but it's recently been taken off the shelves in the biggest liquor retailer in my country and is probably on it's way to being banned all because a teenager died from shooting it. It was expensive before this, now it's even more expensive.
Sucks for me! :D

Anyway here is my latest butane run, Blue Dream, end result is a crumble/shatter mix.

BD_crumshat.jpg

EliElixir

Yup. This is first wash. Always put in 28 Gs and get back between 3.4 and 3.7 off the first run. Second wash will yield another 1.5 or so of a darker product. I actually will always turn the first wash into a sublingual tincture by mixing it with 30 ml of liquid coconut oil and a pinch of soy lecithin

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
I also used buds for that run. If I am lucky enough to score some quality trim, it will tend to take me about 4 to 6 x as much to get an 8th of shatter. Here is a pic of it converted to edible shatter
22399d1396078739-holy-smiles-sublingual-elixir-oil.jpg

Very cool! What dose do you usually use and how are the effects?

canj00digit?,

EliElixir

I will take between. .2.5 and .5 ml ( around 1/3 to half of the dropper)at a time. This gives me between 60 and 120 doses per 3.5 grams of shatter. I will take it either encapsulated, if on the road or more often administered under tongue for instant effect. I do a cycled final decarb of the oil by heating at 220 for 60 min and then freezing for 24 hours and then another hour at 220.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
That's beautiful QWET @EliElixir! :)

Ethanol is my favorite solvent but it's recently been taken off the shelves in the biggest liquor retailer in my country and is probably on it's way to being banned all because a teenager died from shooting it. It was expensive before this, now it's even more expensive.
Sucks for me! :D

Anyway here is my latest butane run, Blue Dream, end result is a crumble/shatter mix.

BD_crumshat.jpg
Most part of my last runs(trim+small buds) look like that....I wasn't really happy cause I got at least 10g of that and taste and potency was not nice(it didn't pass the foil test), so I winterized it and get back with 7g (but still waxy/crumble), I think I could add another winterization step but since it pass the foil test well I'm good, but if it's potent now the taste is not the better.

Did you do it a rainy day?....I ask that cause there was lot of rain here this automn and most of my batches was made with a high level of moisture in the air....

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Most part of my last runs(trim+small buds) look like that....I wasn't really happy cause I got at least 10g of that and taste and potency was not nice(it didn't pass the foil test), so I winterized it and get back with 7g (but still waxy/crumble), I think I could add another winterization step but since it pass the foil test well I'm good, but if it's potent now the taste is not the better.

Did you do it a rainy day?....I ask that cause there was lot of rain here this automn and most of my batches was made with a high level of moisture in the air....
Hi @PPN, I have also found that high moisture will cause concentrates to turn from shatter to wax/crumble. If you apply enough heat you can get it back but taste will suffer. Did you winterize with ethanol or ISO? You will have a little bit of terpene loss when you winterize with a secondary solvent. People that do large runs use Buchner filters and dry ice to do mechanical winterization with minimal/no loss of terpene profile.

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
It's interesting you guys mention it, because it was in fact humid the day I blasted that run, it started raining probably an hour later.

I will probably try winterizing this batch. Would love to use ethanol but that is going to cost me like $80 for 500ML. So will probably try it with ISO.

edit: upon further reading I think I should use ethanol. :)

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I used ethanol for winterization, but your batch seems a bit cleaner than mine so maybe you don't need it....

The winterization issue is the moisture added by ethanol (which is never 100%) and it's very difficult to purge your concentrates from water without to use high heat (which destroy terps as Quetzalcoatl mentionned before).

hanfhead

is high
I have found the drier the bud and the drier the air (weather) the better. Either not fully dried/cured buds or making it on a humid day will add moisture and it will wax up a little. During evaporation I am able to freeze most of the wax / water out of it with a technique I came up with. Kind of hard to explain but by running my evap pan at an angle the water freezes to the bottom that is not over heat and I can stir it out by gathering it to something.

herbivore21

Apologies for double posting guys, but here is the Blue Cheese sterile dewaxed absolute shatter! :D

Unfortunately, yield was terrible due to clearly immature nugs. .7g from 1oz winterized first wash. With THC bomb for comparison this winterized first wash will range from 2-3.5g yield.

Ah well, it is nice, more of the cheese flavour than the blueberry, which kinda sucks. Bring on legalization already!
C9kqN4v.jpg

Edited for better pic!

Last edited:

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
That's beautiful QWISO right there, @herbivore21!:clap:

Sorry about the yield, I know that pain well.
Concentrates can cost big money to make for those of us in non-legal areas, eh? :(

That's why when I read about a guy on here buying $20/g TerpX shatters down the street from his house I want to throw myself through a wall.

And then you see the guys on YouTube etc taking dabs as big as some of our entire runs! lolol.

I guess this is what poor 3rd worlders feel like when they look at the rich West. :D :p

herbivore21

That's beautiful QWISO right there, @herbivore21!:clap:

Sorry about the yield, I know that pain well.
Concentrates can cost big money to make for those of us in non-legal areas, eh? :(

That's why when I read about a guy on here buying $20/g TerpX shatters down the street from his house I want to throw myself through a wall.

And then you see the guys on YouTube etc taking dabs as big as some of our entire runs! lolol.

I guess this is what poor 3rd worlders feel like when they look at the rich West. :D :p
Cheers brother, man it happens, I expected it but went ahead because new strains don't come around too often!

It's all a learning experience ;)

EliElixir

My buddy ran a QP of goof trim got 9 gs on his first wash, but for some reason he said the oil looked cloudy during evap and became gooey and not shatter? Frustrated because I get shatter every time, and he was giving me 4 gs of it. . . I wonder what caused it. Now I wonder if I should use that for my sublingual tincture, buy 5 gs of sap outdoor bho and winterize them, or do a nug run.....

EliElixir,

herbivore21

My buddy ran a QP of goof trim got 9 gs on his first wash, but for some reason he said the oil looked cloudy during evap and became gooey and not shatter? Frustrated because I get shatter every time, and he was giving me 4 gs of it. . . I wonder what caused it. Now I wonder if I should use that for my sublingual tincture, buy 5 gs of sap outdoor bho and winterize them, or do a nug run.....
If you can readily buy anything a dispensary sells - get yourself some cheap kief and do a LWET extraction :D

herbivore21,
Reactions: NickDlow
Top Bottom