• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

share that dab stash! (picture thread)

whats your favorite kind of concentrate?

• Total voters

DabComa

Stuck in Dab Coma
A tamasium extractor is capable of " cleaning " butane, to what extent or with what process I'm unsure of, since I don't own one or know anyone with one myself. I assume as you said it would distill, with the intention of cleaning up the butane that it holds and reuses, or I guess buying cheap butane and turning it into lab quality n- butane. But either way the "cleaning" process would be identical to doing a run using the device, without actually running any material through it, so therefore if you run nothing but butane and extract a small amount of goo, you have successfully cleaned your butane, which is where the closed loop system comes into play, it allows you to evaporate the butane without losing it, which is key, because your nice clean butane doesn't do you any good all Willy nilly in the atmosphere.

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Pretty much anything that says 99.999% pure is actually the same company as Lucienne. I get "stok fire" or "stok fyre" or something like that. Same thing, its just what my local headshop carries.

I don't have enough bud to blast to justify buying a case at a time yet.

Not quite. While Keen manufacturing does manufacture all of the 'tane that shares the "Near Zero Impurities" label stamped on the can, this does not mean they are all refined the same, which is why different brands from Keen are not all testing the same. I also recently bought a cheap can of Neon 5X to fill my torch recently and they are now slapping cheap "Near Zero Impurities" stickers on the cap.

I'm sure anyone here knows to ignore marketing tactics like "5X", "7X", "14X", and "Near Zero Impurities".

4DGQ3H2.jpg

Yep, their "New Formula" must mean that they are now putting stickers on old cans of butane. Or maybe the "Near Zero Impurities" only applies to the cap itself, not the butane? Innovation!

Last edited:

Jared

Cannabis Enthusiast
Got super lucky today and just happened to stop in a dispensary I've never been to and they were having a sale on co2 syringes .5 for 12$. Normally when I see wax and syringes from this company the wax goes for 25/g and the syringes goes for 25 a half g so I jumped on the deal and I'm definitely not disappointed. I don't think dabbing off a Ti nail is really what this stuff is for but it works just fine, tastes crazy, and gets me super super stoned.

LyLrFNP.jpg

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Wow, so the oil is viscous enough to come out easily?
And you can get all the oil outta there, none sticks to the sides of the syringe or anything?
I haven't had that brand of CO2, but yeah the stuff I get has always been thin but not runny. Takes a while for the air bubbles to travel up or down. I've also had some CO2 wax, legitimate CO2 in a soft jelly-like form but melted down easily as well and left no residue. The brand I get is also dabbable but I find it much more convenient in my DART as it melts and vaporizes quicker.

Jared

Cannabis Enthusiast
Got 3 grams of CO2 shatter today. First time I've ever seen it in person. This stuff is insane.

6D8xIER.jpg

Nightmare OG
58pbqWt.jpg

Nightmare
mdfQAsv.jpg

Bubba Kush
OfJltY5.jpg

5XRVKGg.jpg

I got em all 3 for $67 out the door with a 50% off first time discount. :cool:

Last edited:

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
C02 Shatter? :hmm:

Why does it say "Light Hydrocarbon extraction"? C02 is not a hydrocarbon since it lacks hydrogen.

I hope they are not lying to their patients. I also hope they are not lying because C02 shatter sounds awesome!

Either way, for the price you got a great deal!

Jared

Cannabis Enthusiast
C02 Shatter? :hmm:

Why does it say "Light Hydrocarbon extraction"? C02 is not a hydrocarbon since it lacks hydrogen.

I hope they are not lying to their patients. I also hope they are not lying because C02 shatter sounds awesome!

Either way, for the price you got a great deal!
Yeah I was wondering about that myself. I asked the bud tender at least 5 separate times if she was sure it was CO2 extracted and she said yes. Hardly any info about the company that makes it just a Facebook page with pics of what looks to be normal bho being distributed to local shops around here. If its bho extracted it sure isn't like anything I've ever tasted before. If they message me back on Facebook I'll post what they say about it here.

Edit: Just checked Facebook. They read my message but didn't reply...not very promising.

Last edited:

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Yeah it does have that C02 yellow/orange tint to it, especially the smaller bits on the parchment. Hopefully they get back to ya. I'm quite excited to see what they say.

Jared

Cannabis Enthusiast
Yeah it does have that C02 yellow/orange tint to it, especially the smaller bits on the parchment. Hopefully they get back to ya. I'm quite excited to see what they say.
Got a reply from their Facebook page. Apparently it isn't CO2 shatter at all its a mixture of gases. The dispensary was either mistaken or straight lied to me.

On another note though the place I got that Golden Barn CO2 syringe from says they just placed an order for some CO2 shatter from the same company. I'll definitely be snagging some of that when it comes in as I've tried both their wax and oil and both are top notch. Will definitely post pics here when I get it.

Went into a new dispensary for an 8th earlier but the deal they had going on was over so I picked up a couple half grams of wax and this stuff is awesome! Some of the tastiest stuff I've ever dabbed.

Deadhead O.G.
uOdTk7s.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies "Pie Crust"
VQOOJFl.jpg

Last edited:

walrus

@Jared hard to tell for sure from the pic but that looks like a very wide extraction tube. I had one like that in the past and found that thinner diameter tubes work much better. I guess the butane doesn't have to spread out as much so it makes better contact with the plant material? I've seen significantly increased yields with the only variable being the thinner tube.

Sorry for the unsolicited advice, that shatter looks wonderful.

walrus,
Reactions: Jared

Jared

Cannabis Enthusiast
Completely agree with you Walrus. When I moved I forgot my tube and this was the first one I could find up here. I've been meaning to get a thinner one ever since my first run I just keep forgetting.

Jared,
Reactions: walrus

Jared

Cannabis Enthusiast
Went up to Denver today and stopped by Denver Relief. They had Green Dot Labs shatter half price and I've been wanting to try it forever so I grabbed a gram.

"Dopium"
9RR41QO.jpg

7gbI4U9.jpg

RdqSc2W.jpg

By far the cleanest, tastiest, and most potent BHO I've ever dabbed.

Last edited:

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I have heard awesome things about green dot labs. I might have to stop by Denver Relief when I visit CO next week and try some. :brow:

Good thing Denver Relief is Rec as well. I'm sure that awesome half-off deal is Medical only though, right?

aesthyrian,
Reactions: Jared

Jared

Cannabis Enthusiast
I have heard awesome things about green dot labs. I might have to stop by Denver Relief when I visit CO next week and try some. :brow:

Good thing Denver Relief is Rec as well. I'm sure that awesome half-off deal is Medical only though, right?
I'd assume it is but definitely give them a call and ask. Its worth the effort haha.

Top Bottom