Separating Vape Threads By Vape Type (Conduction, Convection, Hybrid)

jazzyvapeman

I think it would be great to see vape threads separated by the type of vape, or at least some sort of list or way to identify easily what vapes are by type.

Recently I was interested in on demand portable convection vapes, and i found myself having to go into nearly each vape thread to find out if it met my criterion. Luckily I was able to detect common themes of what people preferred in comparison posts, but my search could've easily been narrowed with some sort of categorization. FYI I wound up choosing the ESV 2.0 and Milaana for different purposes.

I did use the search functionality some, but that was not super effective until reading many many (and many more) posts, nor as efficient as my suggestion. I found in some of the threads there were arguments over what type a vape was, further deepening the rabbit hole. I also could have posted my question in the appropriate section (would have to figure that out, perhaps would be criticized for 'not reading the forum'), but I think this idea has merit nonetheless.

jazzyvapeman,
Reactions: Stevenski

Farid

This would open a can of worms which is that whether a vape is "conduction, convection, or hybrid" often depends on how the vape is used. Whether one pushes the stem to their solo all the way in, for instance, influences the ratio of conduction to convection. Technically every vaporizer is a hybrid, as it is very difficult to have total convection without conduction or total conduction without convection.

Not to mention there is a false sense that convection>conduction. That is totally subjective, and in my experiences some form of a hybrid is best (in my opinion). Some even prefer conduction.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I don't know the ins and outs of it, but mods can put tags on threads and maybe that would be appropriate here. But as @Farid said, we would have to come up with a pretty well defined set of parameters for each.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Almost every vape would have to fall into hybrid as they all use convection, conduction and radiation to a degree.... depending on how they are used as @ferid says....

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Not to mention there is a false sense that convection>conduction. That is totally subjective, and in my experiences some form of a hybrid is best (in my opinion). Some even prefer conduction.

Not just your experience. As everyone has said so far, it is subjective to say the least. A good hybrd works best for what I want (call me Lando cause I am all about cloud city).

Top Bottom