Screen Materials

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I need to get some screens for my herbalAire and I'm trying to decide what I should be looking for. I will want a couple that I can use on top of the crucible to reduce particles from shake from clogging the whip or entering the bag. I also may want replacements for the MP screen.
Do I wast steel, brass, or aluminum? Since I won't be putting flame on them it probably doesn't matter, but since I am vaping to reduce harmful stuff I suppose I should use what is best.

cybrguy,

max

Out to lunch
or aluminum?
You'll only find brass or ss, and I'd go with the latter. Look for 'stainless steel pipe screens' on eBay and you'll find a good selection and some good prices.

max,

vap999

Steel is probably the best choice, and as totally non-toxic as anything else. Copper, aluminum, gold, silver, titanium - any pure metal that would ever be generally sold or made into a screen is not going to be toxic at all. Keep in mind, vaporizer temperatures are wimpy, nothing, for these metals.

Brass. unless a new stricter regulations-meeting alloy, will likely contain a small amount of lead (as part of the alloy; harmless). There are likely multiple threads on FC concerning brass and lead. It's easiest enough just to avoid your or anyone else's concerns about lead in brass by avoiding brass.

vap999,

max

Out to lunch
Copper, aluminum, gold, silver, titanium
You'll never find anyone selling pipe screens made with these metals. Why confuse the issue? There's brass and ss, and ss is the better choice.

max

Out to lunch
I stand corrected. I forgot about those $5 ti screens. I'll leave those to the rich and paranoid. SS is fine with me.

SD_haze

I stand corrected. I forgot about those $5 ti screens. I'll leave those to the rich and paranoid. SS is fine with me.
I would get a TI screen if I were using it directly on a superheated TI nail for dabbing.
For vaporizers, I agree SS is plenty good.

SD_haze,

Caligula

Maximus
I guess the plus side is that its more durable? Not sure how much more though... you can get a few SS screens for 6 bux.

Caligula,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I was able to find 100 ct 3/4" steel screens on Amazon for under $5. That should be more than I'll ever need (never forget the infamous 640k mistake). They are a little bigger than I need so that should leave a little room for shaping them.

Thanks for all the responses.

cybrguy,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom