Scratched Glass

JRR22611

Can anyone give me any insight as to if it's safe to use a glass piece with a scratch on the inside? Months ago I splurged on a fancy recycler. This last weekend I though I'd put it to use so I went to my local smoke and rock shop to buy a nail for it and the sales associate scratched up the inside of it. The recycler cost <$1000 so I feel incredibly stupid letting the lady handle it and try to fit titanium into it with such abrasive nature - asked her to be gentle but it was too late.
I know nothing of glass but I fear the scratch will let fine silica particles out, is this the case?
I'll greatly appreciate any help I can get, thank you for reading.

JRR22611,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Kief

Medicated
It's nothing to worry about, just give it a wash if you're concerned about dust/particles and you'll be good to go. The only bad thing about using the piece is you'll want to slap that lady every time you see the scratch, I suggest not looking at the damage and just vape away your frustrations.

MinnBobber

X2.
A good wash, maybe scrub the scratch with a 3M non-abrasive kitchen sponge.
It'll be just fine, except for the mental "dust" each time you use it.

sorry to hear she was sooooo careless

MinnBobber,

jl420

I have used clear whitening toothpaste on small glass scratches and have had good results. Use a clean polishing cloth with a small dab of toothpaste on the spot and keep rubbing over the scratch. Wipe off remaining toothpaste with a clean damp cloth (for tight spots Q-tips & patience will do the trick) and it should look alot better. As for that idiot who scratched it well that's why they say Can't Understand Normal Thinking...good luck bro

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
In general I believe you will be just fine. If you do a good rinse and repeat about 3-4 times I think that should take care of anything of consequence. If you can reach the scratch with a Q-tip you could take some olive oil and give it a nice rub. I don't think you have much to worry about.

I might however take up the mis-coduct of the employee with the Shop owner.

SlinginPaint,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH
Top Bottom