• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Science and Souls (for geeks and spiritual explorers)

LaoTzu74747

I know sorry!(if i should be) anyone who is into science should find those links interesting, i am more into the spiritual side of things, the philosophical side you could say, the psychedelics, plant healing, etc... But they are all inter-related. In my opinion a lot of the current breakthroughs in science is psychedelic in nature. For example(like i said I'm not a big science guy at all) the idea of multiverses, galaxies, plant intelligence, all these discoveries of science is what is glimpsed and seen in the psychedelic experience. DMT for example, people smoke it(or vape it:)) and have a journey to inner-space, other dimensions. Shamans have known about these dimensions for years, the ancient Egyptians knew, etc... So to my mind science is finally catching up and discovering what these shamans, these ancients, have known for years.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
new mammal discovered in the cloud forests of ecuador and colombia

_69301446_1photoofolinguito.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-23701151

@LaoTzu74747, it's no stress. i think Enchantre was just saying that as a matter of thread operation and interaction, it might be more beneficial to bring up one or two inter-related ideas than to just dump links. in other words, it's not what you are bringing up, but how. although all information is appreciated. thanks

LaoTzu74747

Yeah i understand, i got a little excited by the topic title and felt that i had a lot to share, but it's all good. And that animal is awesome! Very cool.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
as i said, no stress, and you are welcome here.

the topic is pretty broad. in fact, i could've just called the thread
"Things Bob Loblaw and Others Like" but i don't think it woulda drawn the same kind of focused attention. to that end, this link has kinda little to do with any of the thread subjects directly, however, i like it. and the natural world is a major focus of science and spirituality

How the Planet Will Look Without Us
http://imgur.com/a/3lNvb

Enchantre

Oil Painter
The Universe is a transformative medium. The very nature of the natural world is transformation. There is no loss of energy - but it transforms.

Even I have transformed drastically. I was a very conservative, right-wing, Bible-thumping extremist. For a lot of years.

Now, I am a very liberal, atheistic/agnostic/Buddhist/Wiccan/Pagan/geek. I've gone from denouncing (for example) gays as a threat to the existence of the USA, to performing weddings for gay friends.

I believe that so much of what we see as mythology, old religions, sagas, and legends, are based on reality, and a lot of it falls under Quantum Physics.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
@Enchantre, that makes me so happy to hear. too many on the other side that need to cross over.

i got two more links for you
this one is about space

http://www.businessinsider.com/neil-degrasse-tyson-on-richard-branson-2013-8

and this one is about a lot, but it's also the best visual representation of alex grey's work (well this and the guitar hero gig ;))

p.s., if the bug images disturb you kick it to 6min for the alex grey beauty
full screen/HD, yadda yadda

tool - vicarious even if you know the track and it's not your favorite, it's still worth it to watch, imo.

Last edited:

LaoTzu74747

Enchantre do you think cannabis has aided in your now more liberal views? To my mind cannabis promotes tolerance and can be thought of as the exact opposite of alcohol.

@Bob Loblaw those images of how the planet will look without us is yet another wake up call to the darn monkeys ruining the planet. As Humans we have the ability to literally turn the earth into a paradise, but unfortunately we are led by the least among us. P.S. tool is good stuff and i love Alex Greys art!

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Enchantre do you think cannabis has aided in your now more liberal views? To my mind cannabis promotes tolerance and can be thought of as the exact opposite of alcohol...
My transformation occurred in 1997 ... it was, and continues to be a journey of discovery. My introduction to cannabis was not until last December.

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
great posts BD, love AT and FG, JC has always cracked me up, but i'm a bit of a cartoon character as well.

this is on behalf of NDT
oh my bad i totally put the family guy in on accident.. musta slipped.. this is the one i meant to put in..
fucking awesome ^^.. that's better.. hah. adventure time is the shit.

LOL that fucking song you posted haha.. dope shit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom