Saturating your buds in vapor resin

Vapedandfloored

I have the Silver Surfer Vape and its absolutely wonderful! My question is, has anyone tried loading their "stash" in the chamber of a bong (instead of water or ice) and while using the SSV bong attachment vaping and saturating your stash? Im wondering if the bud would almost become "supercharged". Thoughts plz

Vapedandfloored,

Ven

Praying Mantis
That has got to be one of the strangest, yet intriguing, things I have ever heard. My only concern would be over drying the buds in the chamber, it wouldn't take to many vapor hits before they get REALLY dry, perhaps it would cause more negative effect then good.

On the other hand, a small amount of THC does stick to the water/ice/glass in the bong, so I guess it is possible, how much of a difference though would be hard to measure.

Ven,

Vapedandfloored

Well, what about exhaling your vape into a large ziplock bag containing your bud to get the same effect but with the moisture of your breath??? Just some thoughts. Cant wait to try it out later.

Peace

Vapedandfloored,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
ask tokinglx about it...i think you got this idea from him on youtube...where he hooked his ssv to his bong and threw in a nug

he said after a while you lose that 'nug' taste from inside the bong...idk ask him

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ya, both tokinglx and spiral have tried this concept, tokin did it like you want to, spiral put some green an a glass tube and put it in the middle of his vaporwarez whip

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Beezleb

Vapedandfloored said:
Well, what about exhaling your vape into a large ziplock bag containing your bud to get the same effect but with the moisture of your breath??? Just some thoughts. Cant wait to try it out later.

Peace
The moisture of your breath in a baggie might be a good moisture catalyst for mold. I wouldnt do that.

Beezleb,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Yeah, I have done this before with varying results. I would like to try it again soon though.... I need more tubing however and have been putting off ordering it for quite some time... the biggest problem is avoiding having your bud turn to basically a dry dust because of the hot vapor passing over it. I think I have a solution to that however and plan on experimenting in the future.

Check this out , a thread I made on it..... if I remember correctly, it was made quite some time before tokins video. ;)

Vaporizer Green Screen

SpiralArchitect,

Frickr

maybe if you run your hot vapor through a waterfilter or simular to cool the smoke down, my threory on this would it would cool the vapor down where when coming in contact witht he bud, it will have more of a chance to cool closer to the condensing temp.

i wonder if you were to take a mason jar or simular with a small hotplate under it turned on high enough to melt butter. then run some tubing into the jar into the butter. so be like a molten butterbong. not all of the THC is going to stick to the butter so your still going to have vapor going into your lungs, but the end result with the butter, i think, would be pretty tastey. just wait for it to cool back down, put it in some cookies or what have you.

Frickr,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
maybe if you run your hot vapor through a waterfilter or simular to cool the smoke down, my threory on this would it would cool the vapor down where when coming in contact witht he bud, it will have more of a chance to cool closer to the condensing temp.
Hey, your letting my secret out... :lol: I also plan on using a larger glass chamber, it's actually a female downstem (non-gong), I just need to figure out my connections at each end, and I'll affix a large screen then fill it up with larger nugs.

SpiralArchitect,

Frickr

maybe try sticking your buds into a freezer before you do this. making them even cooler to possibly collect more thc.

Frickr,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
SpiralArchitect said:
Hey, your letting my secret out... :lol: I also plan on using a larger glass chamber, it's actually a female downstem (non-gong), I just need to figure out my connections at each end, and I'll affix a large screen then fill it up with larger nugs.
oh man you just gave me the best idea ever...when I get my VHW ill fill my roor steam roller with nuggets and vape a fat bowl like that :brow:

it will be a good pic

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
When I smoked I had a little pipe with a chamber in it that I could put a bud in and hit the rest of the bag. When it was all gone I would take out that nugget and smoke it and get completely blitzed. Would be very cool if there were some way to do this with vapor.

stickstones,

Phaang

Fog Huffer
As far as dried out herb, just put it in a sealed container with a drop or two of H2O. Rehydrates in only about 15 minutes or so...

Phaang,

TheVaporDaddy

has anyone ever thaught of packing the wand peice with weed and just smoking out of it for a few weeks so the weed in there gets nice and sticky and resiny

Modnote: Merged.

TheVaporDaddy,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Not so much because, for one, I don't think I would ever smoke again. But also, I reuse my resin in quiso or wand hash, so I wouldn't want to 'taint" my resin with the smoke byproducts.

momofthegoons,

TheVaporDaddy

momofthegoons said:
Not so much because, for one, I don't think I would ever smoke again. But also, I reuse my resin in quiso or wand hash, so I wouldn't want to 'taint" my resin with the smoke byproducts.
i meant to say vaporize not smoke

TheVaporDaddy,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Ahhh, that would make a world of difference! :D

I would think that packing your wand too much might not be the most efficient way to build up resin. More small bowls will do the same, I would think. I guess it might depend on the vape though, and I'm sure there are those here who can speak to this better than I. I do know that when I use kief or wand hash in my wand, the build up happens more quickly.

Good luck with your experiment. Make sure you post your results. :)

momofthegoons,

StickyShisha2

the stuff you pack in the wand tends to get hot enough to vape the lower temp stuff out of it and then not taste very good when vaped later.

try putting a bud into the mouth piece of the whip. i've done this a few times but usually just add that bud to my BHO making bud.

StickyShisha2,

StickyShisha2

today i put a bud in my oil rig and ripped a few BHO hits through it. i'm planning on using that bud in my iolite. i'll report back my findings.

StickyShisha2,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I'm curious to hear your results. I had a wooden pipe years ago that you put a bud in to get sticky. Sounds interesting :)

Lo,

StickyShisha2

The bud i hit some bho through ended up tasting gross vaping in the iolite, but it kept giving hits for over an hour. :o

StickyShisha2,

bstar

Back in the day I knew a kid who had a pipe made for this (smoking though of course). You put a nug in the tube part of the pipe and smoked it when it was resinated. It was clear so you could see how it was building up. I happened to be there when he smoked a good old one and it was pretty wild. Might be a good way to use lower-quality bud if you come across it. Must have been hotter than vaping and seemed fine, so I don't think drying would be an issue.

My only concern with doing this with vaping is air flow. On a PD, anyway. Maybe if you rigged up a slightly wider tube, then stored the nug in there. (Putting it between two screens in a tube would work, but you will lose some resin to the screens.) However you do it, you could put the nug closer to the heat for more resin, or farther away so it doesn't get too warm or dry.

I have a metal pipe where the tube is two pieces that screw together and have a rounder shape. Often thought of doing this with that piece but I don't smoke now. ;) I'll bet those pieces could be rigged up with a tube then the PD though. I might try this when I have more herb available.

bstar,
Top Bottom