• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Sativa vs Indica?

hippogriff

When I smoked, I preferred sativas 100% of the time, I want a bright, active, mildly euphoric high. When I switched to vaping (current favorite tool RBT Milaana, convection portable) I found I still preferred sativas 90% of the time, w the clean vaping high making indicas nice for sleep aid or movie watching. Now, adding concentrate pens to the collection, I think I actually prefer indicas, is anyone else finding this?

For me, vaping cartridges is more of a background stoney feeling, way less strong than vaping flower. This muted/delayed effect seems to make sativa effects too subtle. I get good results alternating (or just double-penning:)) hits from a sativa cartridge and a high CBD cartridge, but I'm feeling I get quicker, more satisfying effects w/ less hits from indica cartridges.

Hard to evaluate while stronger sources (Milaana) are in use so I'm running pens-only for a little while, please tell me about your experience and maybe even what cartridges I should try here in NorCal.

Last edited:

waxdab23

I'm with you. The prefilled cartridges are diluted and that's why you're finding they lack potency, whether Indica or Sativa. The vast majority I've tried deliver a muted effect, regardless of strain.

With full melt concentrates like wax and shatter, I find that I definitely keep Sativas for daytime and Indicas for night time, just like you and I do for flower.

Have you looked into any wax atomizers? Some work on pen type batteries and can really pack a punch and deliver strain specific effects.

hippogriff

I'm with you. The prefilled cartridges are diluted and that's why you're finding they lack potency, whether Indica or Sativa. The vast majority I've tried deliver a muted effect, regardless of strain.

With full melt concentrates like wax and shatter, I find that I definitely keep Sativas for daytime and Indicas for night time, just like you and I do for flower.

Have you looked into any wax atomizers? Some work on pen type batteries and can really pack a punch and deliver strain specific effects.
Thanks for the feedback. Can you point me towards the equipment you use for wax? I'm considering getting a evic VTC so I can standardize all my tools around 18650s, I think I'd drop cartridges alltogether if I could get back to sativa heady euphoria with wax and shatter.

waxdab23

Thanks for the feedback. Can you point me towards the equipment you use for wax? I'm considering getting a evic VTC so I can standardize all my tools around 18650s, I think I'd drop cartridges alltogether if I could get back to sativa heady euphoria with wax and shatter.

Damn so many options lol.

You're certainly on the right track with that mod! It can pretty much power any wax atomizer you choose!

Check out my signature to see the ones I use. Tilt your phone landscape if you're on mobile.

My favorite right now to pair with a box mod is the W9 Alpha Centauri with a Dual Ti/Ceramic coil. The Yocan Nyx and Cerum are good, cheaper alternatives.

Depends on your budget and type of usage (how much? At home? Out and about, etc.)

OldOyler

Fire it again. I can still find the ground.
Peace!

And don't forget it is now sativa, indica, and kush. And I have found how much kush (so we're talking Afghani genetics, as opposed to "OG Kush" which is how "kush" has been traditionally regarded) makes a difference in being able to lean a little off of the strong sativa side.

I have absolutely found a difference especially with shatter. I like energizing strains as well (I am a chronic pain patient), and have found rather than looking for a nighttime strain, I just change at night to something that had a known kush in it's lineage, like Green Crush specifically as of late (kush-dominant Green Crack, i.e. - known Afghani Father). The effects are still energizing, but "smooth out" the energy, cause it to go "creamy and dreamy" in its effects. Like I still like to be somewhat introspective and reviewing my day for a good hour before going to actual sleep, maybe listen to some music, and it makes a nice bridge - whereas indica-dominant strains tend to knock me out at night, or be so THC-high I can't sleep.

My :2c:.

Peace and happy vaping!

hippogriff

Peace!

And don't forget it is now sativa, indica, and kush. And I have found how much kush (so we're talking Afghani genetics, as opposed to "OG Kush" which is how "kush" has been traditionally regarded) makes a difference in being able to lean a little off of the strong sativa side.

I have absolutely found a difference especially with shatter. I like energizing strains as well (I am a chronic pain patient), and have found rather than looking for a nighttime strain, I just change at night to something that had a known kush in it's lineage, like Green Crush specifically as of late (kush-dominant Green Crack, i.e. - known Afghani Father). The effects are still energizing, but "smooth out" the energy, cause it to go "creamy and dreamy" in its effects. Like I still like to be somewhat introspective and reviewing my day for a good hour before going to actual sleep, maybe listen to some music, and it makes a nice bridge - whereas indica-dominant strains tend to knock me out at night, or be so THC-high I can't sleep.

My :2c:.

Peace and happy vaping!
Thanks, yeah I think I'm not looking for more out of cartridges, and moving my research over to wax & shatter, seems like I can really explore the flavors and effects that way. Have an evic VTC 75w mod and a Yocan Cerum on the way, will drop by the dispensary to get ready (and have a bunch of bubble hash that I'd never thought to vape before), thanks for the advice everybody.

hippogriff

To follow up, new gear arrived and didn't match up, the Cerum has a big contact plate extending below the thread, too far for the threads to bite, couldn't attach. Trip to the local shop and a generic 510 extension was fine w/ the evic but same problem w/ the Cerum - I'm assuming there's a couple varieties w/in the 510 standard that I don't understand yet, @waxdab23 does that sound right? Anyway, got a "Vaped" branded glass globe style attachment w/ a single titanium coil cause that's what they had and it threaded fine.

Aaaaand... wow. Hadn't resupplied but I have bubble hash (blend of Blue Dream, Af Goo, and maybe one or two others, I think) that I keep around for combustion guests w/ a torch and a Health Stone glass pipe. Flavor & efficiency way beyond combustion as you'd expect, and mods are so quick & easy, easy enough even for combusters, pipe/torch retired and looking for a new home. Looking forward to exploring softer waxes and meltier shatter for brighter effects, till then this will be my go to for couch-locked movie watching.

hippogriff,
Top Bottom