• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Sativa or Indica

What you prefer to vape more?

• Sativa rich!!

Votes: 77 40.5%
  • Indica rich!!

Votes: 67 35.3%
  • 50/50

Votes: 46 24.2%

• Total voters

chris 71

up intill recently i would have said sativa, lemon haze having being my favorite strain thus far.
but i just got some afgan kush and some tora bora, both heavy indicas and i gotta say there both very impressive. so put me down for 50/50

chris 71,
Reactions: Enchantre
Sativa hence the name haha, however I like to have a few strains available at hand. My favorite out of my current stash would be some White Rhino, hits me so lovely.

SativaLover420,

Titamius

Developing Connoisseur & Vaporist
I love any quality herb, when I choose from a few strains when I pick up my bud (which I do most of the time), I choose based more on the other variables than whether its more indica or sativa, I love all the effects, and I also love variety!
But I have to say based on which one benefits me more and what type of high I get, definetly sativa, even sativa over 50/50. I mean I love indica too, but it just seems that the more sativa is in my bud, the better I feel. But I'm sure if I had only 100% sativa for a little while I would be wanting some indica like crazy.

My favourite strain keeps changing and probably will for a very long time, but atm I would have to say straight up sour diesel. IME it seems to be hard to get in the city I live in so when I hear about it being around I'm sure to get some. I got some really potent and smelly sour deisel in NY a few years ago from a one time fluke:rolleyes: and dream of the day I get some more of that quality sd. A few months ago I got some crossed with some sort of kush and it was quite impressive.

Titamius,

Edward Hyde

is it possible that i can distinguise sativa from indica just from the looks if i dont know what my weed is when i buy it?

Edward Hyde,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Not really, no. I can kinda distinguish it but honestly it comes down to genetics/testing it yourself. What I've noticed is that indicas tend to be the nugs that are dense as a golfball and as round as one too. Just the heavy nugs. Tight growth. Kinda like this, I believe this was SFV OG:

FTdwR.jpg

And sometimes you get something more sativa, which has a tendency to "foxtail" although I've been told that this is actually a genetic "defect" of sorts and is present in both indicas and sativas, but it's more common of sativa strains. This is Jack Herrer. Notice how it "points" out in different directions. In all, it pointed out in 5 separate directions as well as the center bit going straight up. Looked like a star from the top down :) :

Q4EfQ.jpg

But now here's the problem. This is Earth OG... notice how some of the nugs have the foxtail as well as being small/dense at the bottoms? You can't ever really tell...

7SsWI.jpg

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Morning and mid day -Sativa
Night - Indica

Its simple, I love Sativa on the morning before work and after work just to get back in the business
But when I want to settle down and before sleep...its all about Indica...

Vote is 50/50!

djonkoman

a pure indica and a pure sativa woul be pretty easy to distinguish, but pretty much everything that you can get commercially is an hybrid. so in theory it could have inherited the indica look with a sativa-effect or the other way around, but usually you can tell to wich side it leans by the looks. but indicaooks are preferred and so breeding is aimed at indicalooks, so you can assume hybrids always have a somewhat indica-look(also breeding is often aimed at short flowering, also an indica-trait), and the closer to 50/50 the harder to tell wich side it leans.

here a pic of a more sativalook. you''ll rarely see the more extreme foxtailing in commercial hybrids. but outdoors in my climate foxtailing is a pro since dense buds are more prone to mold in fall, so there are some outdoorstrains where the breeding is towards open, moldresistant buds instead of towards dense nugs, and the plant in this pic is a first generation cross between the most foxtailing pheno of a strain known for foxtailing, and another outdoorsativa that foxtailed less but had those thin open buds also often seen on pics of landraces.
dX1Pd.jpg

I disagree that Sativas don't have medicinal properties. They are great for treating depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety and other similar conditions.
sativa is also best for my eyes.
I've only ever found one other person online with similar experience, but I'm crosseyed and noticed that weed fixes it. actually it''s a bit more complex in my case, since I never had a lazy eye for example, and untill I was 3 everything looked right. but somehow when I was 3 I got crosseyed, always only looking with one eye but alternating. I got surgery for it but that didn't fix it, didn''t seem to make much dofference but maybe just the little difference needed. I was told that if I wasn''t able to look with both eyes before I was 12 I would never be able to, but just before I got 12 I noticed that sometimes, if I really concentrated on it, I could look with both eyes.
then I started smoking weed when I was 15(almost exclusively sativa), and one day I was high, sitting in my room playing with the cap from a botte of water, I held it in front of my eye and I noticed I could look straight trough the cap. I started paying attention to it and noticed that everytime I was high(but only on sativa), I looked with both eyes, without concentrating on it or putting any effort towards it. but sober it was back to nornal and I could only achieve it for a short while with concentration.
indica on the other hand makes me tired and sleepy, and being sleepy makes my crosseyedness worse(usually, even if I'm not looking with both eyes it isn't very obvious that I'm crosseyed anymore, but at the end of a night that involved alcohol I sometimes have one eye that is halfclosed)

by now I look with both eyes almost all the time, without effort or concentration, I attribute this to lasting effects of weed, since I now vape daily(and back when it was still weekly looking with both eyes was my first sign of being high, happening before I felt high and occurring even with small amounts of sativa not enough to make me really feel high)

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I don't prefer one over the other. I do however prefer Sativa during the day and Indica of an evening.

Jeppy,

Vapordreamer

Generally I really like 50/50 hybrids because they give me a feeling of giving me the best properties of sativa and the best properties of indica. My favourite 50/50 strain atm is definitely Moonflower (Cinderella99xApollo11). It feels like a really defined and balanced high.

Vapordreamer,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I've only ever found one other person online with similar experience, but I'm crosseyed and noticed that weed fixes it. actually it''s a bit more complex in my case, since I never had a lazy eye for example, and untill I was 3 everything looked right. but somehow when I was 3 I got crosseyed, always only looking with one eye but alternating. I got surgery for it but that didn't fix it, didn''t seem to make much dofference but maybe just the little difference needed. I was told that if I wasn''t able to look with both eyes before I was 12 I would never be able to, but just before I got 12 I noticed that sometimes, if I really concentrated on it, I could look with both eyes.
then I started smoking weed when I was 15(almost exclusively sativa), and one day I was high, sitting in my room playing with the cap from a botte of water, I held it in front of my eye and I noticed I could look straight trough the cap. I started paying attention to it and noticed that everytime I was high(but only on sativa), I looked with both eyes, without concentrating on it or putting any effort towards it. but sober it was back to nornal and I could only achieve it for a short while with concentration.
indica on the other hand makes me tired and sleepy, and being sleepy makes my crosseyedness worse(usually, even if I'm not looking with both eyes it isn't very obvious that I'm crosseyed anymore, but at the end of a night that involved alcohol I sometimes have one eye that is halfclosed)

by now I look with both eyes almost all the time, without effort or concentration, I attribute this to lasting effects of weed, since I now vape daily(and back when it was still weekly looking with both eyes was my first sign of being high, happening before I felt high and occurring even with small amounts of sativa not enough to make me really feel high)

That's an amazing story...thanks for sharing!

stickstones,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I prefer Sativa dominant hybrids and like to keep stock of at least one Indica dominant. Oddly, though I prefer Sativa dominant, I not like straight Sativas and I do like straight Indica from time to time. That's what I'm stocked with now. 5 Sativa dominant strains, 2 Indica dominant and 1 straight Indica. Sativa dominant gets me thru the day usually, but do prefer having the option of switching it up at night. Though, typically not until the last tube, trench, etc.

BigDaddyVapor,

Vape N Bake

Disturbed
I prefer Sativa during the day and Indica in the evening just like most of you. Lately I have been trying more Hybrids and have been very happy but still put them in either day time med or night time med classification.

Vape N Bake,

vx13

Canna Vapor Dragon Slayer
I kinda bounce around between Sativa and Indica, but I feel that if I had to pin myself down, I would be Hybrid that's Indica Dominant. If I want to get more of that daytime-high, I'll just vape at a very low temp. At night, I can crank up the heat from the lightly-vaped bud and I'm in Indica city:zzz:

Right now I'm digging Tahoe OG.

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I picked up some Blue Queen that tastes like a fruit bowl. Effects are immediate though not long lasting. I also picked up some lemon kush that has a subtle lemon and amazingly clear kush taste.

Jeppy,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Ok after all this talks...what is Sativa?
I mean there's hardly any 100% Sativa and 100% Indica

Honestly the pool should be in percent like

Sativa/Indica

80/20
40/60
50/50

I really like 40/60 :)
I didn't actually enjoyed blue cheese that is 50/50 but maybe it was bad luck /;

m0sh,

ilikesnacks

i didnt really find the effects of blue cheese to be exceptional or anything but i really enjoyed the actual pot, but kind of just forgettable otherwise.

and youre right mosh - most strains are just predominantly one or the other... i guess i just mean that sativa characteristics are what i look for and what i enjoy in pot.

ilikesnacks,

upperlevel

I always throw a toss salad of both sativa and indica into my UD when I can. The taste of mixing two good strains is great along with the all encompassing high. I prefer sativa, I am a psychedelic kind of person, I tried psychedelics before blazing and I am usually in it for the experience and less for a 'high'. I do love to have my head hit the pillow after a few vape bowls of indica though ;)

upperlevel,

lwien

So when I purchase bud, I'll get some pure Indica and some pure Sativa and for about a week, I'll vape each one on different nights just to mix things up, but then, I invariably mix them together in a salad, because for some odd reason, I always find the combo is stronger than either of them separately.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
So when I purchase bud, I'll get some pure Indica and some pure Sativa and for about a week, I'll vape each one on different nights just to mix things up, but then, I invariably mix them together in a salad, because for some odd reason, I always find the the combo is stronger than either of them separately.
Good to know I'm not alone! I'll usually do split eighths (4.3-4.4 is what I get from my main place:)) or an eighth of each. I don't particularly like hybrids because I can't choose between what I want, although if I spot an awesome one or if they recommend a hybrid, I'll grab a gram or two. My normal, non-nauseated mornings are usually around 75/25 sativa/indica, and backwards for the evening if not only sativas. I like having control over it, even if it's just a little bit. I also find that mixing my own stuff is much more precise than hybrids, which is something I need because my nausea bouts come out of NOWHERE and I'd much rather prefer indica over a 50/50 or even a 70/30 indica/sativa.

Quetzalcoatl,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
a pure indica and a pure sativa woul be pretty easy to distinguish, but pretty much everything that you can get commercially is an hybrid. so in theory it could have inherited the indica look with a sativa-effect or the other way around, but usually you can tell to wich side it leans by the looks. but indicaooks are preferred and so breeding is aimed at indicalooks, so you can assume hybrids always have a somewhat indica-look(also breeding is often aimed at short flowering, also an indica-trait), and the closer to 50/50 the harder to tell wich side it leans.

here a pic of a more sativalook. you''ll rarely see the more extreme foxtailing in commercial hybrids. but outdoors in my climate foxtailing is a pro since dense buds are more prone to mold in fall, so there are some outdoorstrains where the breeding is towards open, moldresistant buds instead of towards dense nugs, and the plant in this pic is a first generation cross between the most foxtailing pheno of a strain known for foxtailing, and another outdoorsativa that foxtailed less but had those thin open buds also often seen on pics of landraces.
dX1Pd.jpg

sativa is also best for my eyes.

I like your post!
Being new to all this I'm surprised on the benefits of Cannabis (Sativa or Inidca).
I two was a 15 year old kid smoking joints in the 70's however quit for 30 years due to social acceptance issues. Now that I have SCA (late on set ATAXIA) It comes with an extreme case of INSOMNIA. Amebien C, PROZAC and a few others made it worse.
INDICA FLOWERS and WAXES fixed it. From 3-4 hours to 7-8 hours nightly rest helps me so much the following day.

BLUE DREAM helps me during the day to focus and do complicated task.
Is it a HYBRID or SATIVA?
The Dispensary calls it a Sativa?
I remember smoking THAI Sticks back in the Seventies and loved them.
Is the THAI strain still around? That was a very good SATIVA I believe.
Maui Wowie was another one.
That was 30 years ago!

Millennium FALCON was been the best strain by far for me. (INDICA)
Currently the OG KUSH is pretty effective that I have in my medicine cabinet..

ataxian,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
BLUE DREAM helps me during the day to focus and do complicated task.
Is it a HYBRID or SATIVA?
The Dispensary calls it a Sativa?
According to the source I use (cheap iPhone App) Blue Dream is 80% Sativa, 20% Indica.
Origins: DJ Short's Blueberry x Haze

Medical Uses: Great for treating depression, ADD, ADHD, nausea, Tourette's Syndrome (Fuck!) and Gherig's Disease.

:peace:

Stu,
Reactions: Vicki
Top Bottom