1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Sativa lovers

Discussion in 'Vaporizables' started by psychonaut, Mar 20, 2017.

1. CANtalk

CANtalk Well-Known Member

Sure. What do you want to know, my impression of effects or its physical characteristics?

EverythingsHazy likes this.
  2. mccringleberry

mccringleberry Well-Known Member

Color me impressed. It’s funny, I was skeptical of the name, but I loaded some in my Vapcap and the first hit tasted like strawberry nirvana. Then I coughed unexpectedly on the next hit when I got visible vapor. AS ADVERTISED! It’s kind of a creeper but it has stronger cerebral effects than the other sativa I have, Orangeade. The best tasting strains I’ve ever tried were White Dream, Romulan Grapefruit, and Nightmare Cookies. I might just put this up there with those. Smells amaze-balls. Its the kind of bud you want to keep but not consume just so you can smell it. The only issue is the flavor drops off fast but then again, it was only 0.035 that I loaded. When I load my Alfa with 0.2 of this and put it on low I expect my head to explode into strawberries.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  3. el sargantano

el sargantano Chasin' rabbits

Both, if it's possible. 12 weeks is a very long time, so I hope it has to be remarkable.
    It'll be an outdoor jungle

4. CANtalk

I find the biggest attribute of the Platinum Bubba Kush (PBK) strain to be its high avg THC content; high THC drives much of the effects and experience with PBK. Some people will love this and others less so.

The high THC concentration in PBK brings some notably cerebrally stimulating effects when vaping, especially at lower temps. This can spillover into some physical stimulation initially too. I've seen PBK described as a head melting high and I can see why. Higher doses may bring me strong narcotic effects as well (that zone of a combination of both stimulatory effects as well as significant relaxation/sedation effects). I concur that PBK usually has appetite stimulation as well.

The sedative/relaxation indica effects follow with time (and higher temps) and in my experience are in line with the estimate 80% indica content of PBK. While I don't find PBK as strong an indica as Afghan Kush for example, PBK has significantly more THC effects. I can definitely notice the partial citrus terpene profile of PBK in vaping, and some spiciness. Afghan Kush, otoh, just has spicy notes (plus < THC and much much less cerebral stimulation). PBK reminds me of God Bud in experience... both are high THC content and leaning significantly to indica, but PBK has even more indica content (with the eventual commensurate sedative/relaxation effects).

My PBK batch looks pretty typical for high indica content cannabis strains; it has dense compact nugs and not a lot of sugar leaf, lots of orange-brown pistils too. Although my batch had no purple tones in it. It looks like many pictures for the strain that show those characteristics. Even small nugs are potent nugs.

Among the indica strains I've tried, I look to PBK when I want both a high THC experience and a strong indica experience.

Here's some other info on PBK
    https://www.leafly.com/strains/platinum-bubba-kush
    https://www.allbud.com/marijuana-strains/indica-dominant-hybrid/platinum-bubba-kush
    https://cannasos.com/strains/hybrid/platinum-bubba-kush
    https://www.hytiva.com/strains/indica/platinum-bubba-kush

Hope that helps. Good luck with your decision.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  5. el sargantano

el sargantano Chasin' rabbits

CANtalk likes this.
  6. WakeVape&Bake

WakeVape&Bake Well-Known Member

i had some material a few weeks ago, it smelled and tasted like pure frankincense when vaping...it made me highly nervous and really restless, it was like pure energy going through my body. there was no real high, just energy. i found it to be a bit stressing experience.

i don´t know what it exactly was but it made me weary of pure sativas, it was basically the opposite of what i wanted.

shredder and BabyFacedFinster like this.
  7. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

@WakeVape&Bake, if you're vaping this strain in the flower form, consider raising your vape temp a bit higher. I have found that by vaping somewhere between 390F and 410F the taste gets toasty quicker but the effects are altered to be a bit more sedating than racy. A way to tone down a bright sativa.

8. shredder

shredder Well-Known Member

Some of the effects could have been from terpenes. Sometimes after the "perfumy" smell fades the soaring effects calm down. IDK if thats the case here, just speculating.

I have found it in buds taken just a bit early and they can be like that for a few weeks then back to normal as the terpenes change. Taking top buds early is also a way growers can get high cannabinoid scores in testing labs. Still best though is a normal timed harvest imho.

At times if you stick with that energetic buzz, it gets more manageable. Second time not as bad, 3rd easier and so on. I actually like to ride that wave of energy, but then i'm a jaded old fart. Its like driving a race car, a car that's you, keep your seat belt on, lol.

9. WakeVape&Bake

WakeVape&Bake Well-Known Member

sorry for the late reply, i´ve overlooked the answers.

thanks for the tips/insights, next time i will try a different temperature! as i get "older" (38 in a few weeks) i experience the "coming up" from cannabis to be more difficult to handle than say, in my early 20s.

sometimes i need a higher dose to really make sure the effects are fully there, some smaller doses of Sativa makes me more alerted than when i am vaping a bit more..the onset is the problem i think.maybe i should mix with CBD flower. or, as you said just "go with the flow" :)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    BabyFacedFinster, Hogni and CANtalk like this.
  10. CANtalk

Low temp vaping strong quality sativas are my bag :D. They can be a strong, potent, cerebral and physical experience... and the effects can be variable. I've noticed differences in effects from strain to strain... and there can be some batch to batch quality differences too.

[​IMG]

I hope your experiences stay good :tup:.

:peace: :leaf:

WakeVape&Bake, macbill and shredder like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors