• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Sativa lovers

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
You bring up a good point @nosmoking, we def. need to discuss sativa/narrow-leaf cultivar terpene profiles here! Just a quick look at a sample of Electric Lemon G - http://analytical360.com/m/archived/147808

Terpene Profile -
  • 2.21% Linalool
  • 0.34% Caryophyllene oxide
  • < 0.01% Myrcene
  • < 0.01% beta-Pinene
  • < 0.01% Limonene
  • < 0.01% Terpinolene
  • 0.48% alpha-Pinene
  • 1.25% Humulene
  • 1.17% Caryophyllene
  • 5.45% TERPENE-TOTAL
I am guessing the linalool is the main contributor with it's sedative properties keeping the strain from being racy. I dont think the other more prominent terpenes are stimulants or sedatives, they are more anti-inflammatory/bacterial/etc.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
This year is the Sativa's one for me, except a Cheese and Critical+ all the rest I get harvested is sativa dominant: Tangie Kosher, Jamaican dream and an hybrid AfganixSenegalese landrace who gave me 2 plants indica dominant and 2 plants sativa dominant.

Tangie Kosher looks very special... just waiting for a good cure for a vape report.

Just puzzled cause it doesn't seems I get a very special smell/taste weed, last year I got a very nice Wreckage with an unique taste and the year before I got a ton of the most floral Lavender. Although I need to wait for the cure's end.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Yeaahhh, sativas rule!!

I'm from Germany and most sats (mostly hybrids) here are netherland genetics.

What are the most interesting US breeded ones (mostly sat at least)?
I want to order some US genetics, want to try Green Crack. Is is so good as one hear everywhere?
More highly recommended US sats?

Currently I'm working with
- Neville's Haze
- Puna Skunk (~80% sat)

I'm crazy for heirlooms and old landraces:

Done:

- OG Haze (FD)
- Columbian Gold (BCO)
- Columbian Punto Rojo (BCO)
- Columbian Black (BCO)
- Oldtimer's Purple Haze (BCO)
- Black Haze (BCO)
- Oaxacan (private collected in situ)
- Laos (private ccollected in situ)
- SSH (Gypsy Nirvana)
- Martian Mean Green (DNA)
- Chocolope (DNA)
- NYCD (Soma)
- Kali Mist (Serious seeds)

Current WAS (weed aqu. synd.)

- Dr. Grinspoon (BF)
- Green Crack (Humboldt Seeds)
- ACE Seeds:
- Malawi
- Congo
- Panama

searching for a good Senegal. It's such a pitty that Afropips doesn't exist anymore. They had such amazing african genetics. Their Senegal Haze looked so awesome and colourfully.

Any absolute recommandations?

Just got a new 548W LED from GreenCeption which I want to use paired with a 55w ReptiSun 10.0 UV for my sativas. Guess it could be a pretty good combo for REAL Sats? Up to now the real sats don't give their best indoors under HPS. They are real sunlovers.

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@Hogni I highly suggest Jacks Cleaner II, if you can find the BX that may even be better. Very strong lemon flavor and a high that is very euphoric and powerful. Jack the Ripper is another great one. Both are TGA/Subcool genetics and should be easily found internationally.

Hogni

Thanks a lot for your recommandation!

Description of JC II at TGA/subcool says that it's a BX of the JC mother plant. Do you mean this?

Just saw that the Green Crack is no sativa -*oups!* But fx seem to go to sats?

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Thanks a lot for your recommandation!

Description of JC II at TGA/subcool says that it's a BX of the JC mother plant. Do you mean this?

Sorry yes, the JC2 is the back cross. I had some confusion remaining from when I originally researched this strain. The resin production on both of those cultivars is HIGH so great for rosin/BHO. I highly recommend to browse their their catalog and cross reference growers experiences with seedfinder.eu

I've heard some members talk highly of Vortex as well.

psychonaut,
Reactions: Hogni

Hogni

I'll do so - next year.
What's about other highly recommended US genetics? Sorry for OT, am thinking about GSC by Cali Connection. I know, mostly indica but all i've read sound very intersting. Is the hype about real?

Hogni,

JmVape1988

I am only using cannabis for medical purposes only Avidekel to be exact then after 10mins welcome to wonderland :rockon::rockon::rockon:

JmVape1988,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I think GSC (and all the crosses) and Green Crack are both worth the hype.

GSC is a good hybrid but it's mentally stimulating.

Green Crack is very stimulating in both senses to me.

SFV OG was also nice and stimulating to me while not being overwhelming.

Dark Matter is another sativa dom hybrid I like but not sure which I have... found 2 totally different genotypes of this strain lol

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Oh man, I switched over to a nug from my previous purchase and it's definitely a more mental buzz. I really do love sativas. There have been times when I couldn't tell the difference, however.

It's not pleasurable for me to keep a sativa high mellow however.

Diggy Smalls,
Reactions: Squiby

Hogni

@Hogni I never had any problems with HPS and sativa's.
Kali Mist and NLH5 both performed really well.
Some pictures here.
www.instagram.com/p/BbPzMMejXBG/

Hi @pattpiggie, I also had never problems with sativas. But they don't give their VERY BEST under hps. This the more if you use real, 100% sativas. Had Columbian Black, Black Haze and OT Haze indoors and pre-flowered plants of the same varieties (same clones) outdoors (14w indoors/10-12w outdoors afterwards) in a greenhouse . It was such a difference reagarding growth and effects of the mature plants.
And what I've read all around is that LED with the right spectrum is working much better than HPS with real sativas.
Additional UV-A/B just for increased THC levels.
I'll report on my experiences - in one year? :hmm:

Hogni,
Reactions: Summer

ChaiLifeOR

I think a lot of people’s pre legalization opinions were largely based on often faulty science/logic.

Pre legalization, most “normies”(in this case I’m talking about people that have other things going on in their lives that aren’t cannabis related. So not growers or industry people) had a choice of “whatever my dealer has, if he’s not dry.”

Sure. We probably had a handful of favorite strains, and knew where most of them fell on the indica/sativa scale. But after legalization I learned that most of my favorite strains that I thought were indicas are actually sativas.

Also due to hybridization, finding a “true,” “pure,” sativa or indica is next to impossible unless you grow it yourself from a really expensive seed from a very reputable bank.

But if I have to choose one, I’m gonna choose 2. Old school, Durban Poison. No question. New school, Jack Herer. I’m not sure whether the fact that I knew him plays into that, but the strain was around when he still was.

Last edited:

asdf420

I had some Candyland... the effects seemed rather hybrid, it had some body high/couch lock. But it was uplifting

asdf420,

shredder

I'm mostly a sativa guy as well, but I really don't pay much attention to sativa/indica anymore. I grow fat leaved varieties that look like indicas and seem like sativas in use. (green crack) and skinny leaved plants like blue dream that's great for sleep and relaxation.

My current lineup is
Blue dream
Green crack
Super silver haze
Gorilla glue
Jesus OG
Cannatonic #4

And I make rosin from all of them. I ussually use the rosins straight, but I do notice adding cannatonic #4 to any other variety makes it more uplifting. So I typically mix c4 rosin with other varieties both for the head and body.

As a caregiver I grow to suit my patients needs. Several times I've grown straight indicas like
Bubba Kush and chem dog, but my patients never stick with them long like the satties.

One thing we don't talk about much is taste. Of course tastes come from terpenes. If I were shopping unknown varieties, I'd go by taste. Some of the better tasting varieties I've tried lately and plan on growing soon are columbian gold, and tangerine cookies. Both outstanding tastes, but completely different. Columbian gold tastes pine tree fresh and minty, and tangerine cookies tastes like fruity sweet tangerines.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I had some Candyland... the effects seemed rather hybrid, it had some body high/couch lock. But it was uplifting

I been vaping Candyland for quite some time and it is a hybrid that acts like an indica. I believe its mixed between Platinum cookies and Granddaddy purp.

As for sativas, i love anything Jack Herer. Just love the taste and smell. Its always a happy high as its never too strong!

Currently, the buds on deck for my Flowerpots are:

Strawnana - Hybrid
Banana Fig - Indica/Hybrid
Candyland - Hybrid
XJ-13 - Sativa
Master Yoda - Indica
Velvet Queen - Indica
Moonstoone Kush - Indica

asdf420

I want something that won't trigger anxiety or panic attacks... guess there's always a small risk?
Something like Strawberry Cough, maybe Sour Diesel, Jack Harer

sucks to read about how a lot of people start getting panic attacks after decades of use

Last edited:
asdf420,

shredder

I want something that won't trigger anxiety or panic attacks... guess there's always a small risk?
Something like Strawberry Cough, maybe Sour Diesel, Jack Harer

sucks to read about how a lot of people start getting panic attacks after decades of use

So where did you read that? Just curious.

I have one high thc variety (Jesus OG) that takes me right to the edge, but I guess I'm jaded cause I enjoy it. Makes me feel alive, lol.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker

There's two versions of green crack, one is indica and the other is sativa, I've only had the sativa version. Green Crack is very energetic when vaped at high temps, and doesn't seem like a sativa at lower temps. There's a dramatic difference when I do an Herbalizer bowl on 385F vs 430F. Which is really strange since most strains will tend to be more sedative with higher temperatures. This isn't a good strain to staircase as I think it is best experienced full spectrum.

Zow237

Just got a q of some gsc forum cut :) one of my faves. Super tasty n stinky. Should've gotten a half

Last edited:

asdf420

wanna try Durban Poison. the mythical PURE sativa. How different is Jack Herer? Or Green Crack? or super lemon haze? Am I likely to notice something obviously different? All I know is the Durban would be around 19% THC and the other ones could be 22-26%. but pure sativa

So many strains to try...
@Squiby :o

Squiby

My personal all time favorite is Durban Poison. It has the distinction of suppressing appetite with It's THCV and has a very clear focused energy and a super smooth come down. It's the best work motivator for me. Green Crack is great too. I find it a bit racier than DP. Jack Herer is, I think, a close second to DP. I like it's uplifting qualities. Super Lemon Haze, for me is a gentler and pleasant sativa with less get up and go.

Try them all. One will be sure to be a favorite.

Top Bottom