• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Sativa lovers

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I used to be anti-sativa for the longest time but with the legality of cannabis lowering overall anxiety, I have come to adore them :love:

I have been getting into a lot of subcool/TGA genetics through my caregiver and have fallen deeply in love with Jack the Ripper as well as Jillybean.

Tell us about your favorite sativas and share some pics!

Jack Herer, classic sativa meds

u6gl6Qy.jpg

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
b5j9yd0.jpg

shitty artificial lighting but...

blood orange tangie

my favorite strain effect, scent and taste wise. i was and am blown away when i saw the pics and heard it tastes better than it looks. well... no joke there. :drool:

some jack genetics in there! I've never had jack herer... just had some candy jack but it was harvested too soon or bad cut or something... decent taste and effects but not full potential.

i typically like sativas more but i need to be mindful as I'm pretty susceptible to anxiety if I dose too high

Laantje

I used to be anti-sativa for the longest time but with the legality of cannabis lowering overall anxiety, I have come to adore them :love:

I have been getting into a lot of subcool/TGA genetics through my caregiver and have fallen deeply in love with Jack the Ripper as well as Jillybean.

Jack Herer, classic sativa meds
Man I love good Jack Herer. It isn't the most intense high I've felt but it always puts me into a great chilly mood which I really love.

Too bad the coffeeshop here in Groningen which sold my favourite Jack Herer has been closed for criminal reasons. Well, I'm was always told its Jack Herer, it might actually not even be Jack Herer, but whenever I get Jack Herer from other places they seem to do its job really good aswell.

I really like sativa. Every now and then I prefer indica, but its mostly sativa for me. I really like Haze strains. Amnesia Haze always does its job for me. (Super) Silver Haze & (Super) Lemon Haze certainly are in my favourites aswell.

They also sell 'Green White' at different places over here, which also is sativa I think. I really like that one! Can't really seem to find it on leafly or any other strain site though, not even the Dutch ones. It might just be a name for a strain of which they don't really know the name, since weed from coffeeshops here has to be bought from streetdealers and the colors of our soccer team (FC Groningen) are green and white.

I have yet to find this strain in any other city in the Netherlands so I think that's the case which is a bummer since I really enjoy it.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I like to go with Sativa dominant strains during the day and Indica dominant strains at night. I struggle with very severe Sleep Apnea which creates episodes of Narcolepsy throughout the day sometimes and then throughout the night I often wake up and have anxiety about the Narcolepsy that I am going to have the next day which leads to Insomnia. I find the Sativa's during the day help me to reduce the chance of Narcoleptic episodes and Indica's at night really knock me out good so if I wake up I can fall right back asleep without having to medicate in the middle of the night.

I consider myself to be a high tolerance medical user so I typically use concentrates. Right now I have some Jah Herer, Snow Diesel and Sour Larry for my Sativa dominants. I have a bunch of Hybrid's and such that I am using for my Indica dominants. I just make sure to use a little extra of the Hyrid's to make sure I get that indica bed setting high.

When I would use flowers mainly, I always liked Super Lemon Haze, Blue Dream, Silver Haze and Tangie. I am sure there were plenty others but these are some of the first that came to mind.

Krazy

My medical usage is mostly autoflower Indica; Kush variants.

Sativas are tricky for me in general; however, specific strains are nice. Tutankhamun I like in small amounts when working.

hinglemccringleberry

Candyland and Green Crack. I bought an 8th of Candyland literally 6 months ago and still have about a quarter gram left. A tiny bit goes a long way as a pre-workout, or when you're out in nature hiking or as a power-up if you need to get a bunch of menial chores done. It has become a special occasion thing for me. I don't want to run out of it. Oh and did I mention it tastes bomb AF?
I learned the hard way this is not the strain to have a big long session with.

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
SFV OG was my favorite for physical stimulation. Kinda weird effect from cannabis, was very subtle but really nice esp cos I typically hate any kind of extra stimulation.

I had this stuff a few weeks ago called Sour Lemon Cakes. Can't find info on it anywhere but smelled like sour sugar + lemons... very very strong scent/taste. Stronger than the blood orange tangie but not as nice in my opinion.

Another "alternative" way to describe its scent is cat piss (apparently?) but lol.

I also have some Citrus Sap rn but it's same deal as that candy jack... it looks and smells alright but definitely not full potential... or the buds are just really... not dense? And there is a lack of the smattering of trichs the rest of my stash has. I was thinking I would love the citrus sap but I'm a bit disappointed until I get some proper

Legality coming to Washington state has allowed me also to love sativas. Acapulco Gold. Coffee haze, Pure haze.

When i was in Vancouver i saw but did not try congolese. I was told it was very very potent. I go up to vancouver next week and if the dispensaries are still kicking i will see if i can get some.

Jack Herer, classic Sativa...

I love anything "Jack." From Jack Herer to Jack the Ripper, J1, XJ-13, and of course all the others with similar smells and effects like Cindy99, Trainwreck, Ghost Train Haze, Super Lemon Haze and Dutch Treat. It's the citrus fruit and pine brigade :-)

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I got some Dragon's Breath recently, I dig it alot. Very nice sativa, not too racy from my experience. It tastes really good too, spicy! Really unique. I had some other weed with similar pepper tones and I hated it but whatever the terpenes in this really make for a good spicy tasting bud.

https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/dragons-breath

Guess its considered a hybrid but it definitely seems to lean Sativa - noticeably so.

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I don't usually do straight Sativas. Usually more of a sativa hybrid like Gorilla Glue. I have a combination of Super Silver Haze and Granddaddy Purple it's called Silver Tip a Hybrid. It's an awesome strain. I don't think you can find this everywhere. It's by a producer called Raven Grass out of WA state.

Krazy

My imaginary evil twin sister might be trying her green thumb at King Tut even as I type this. It is a hybrid but mostly sativa.

I was gifted with a small amount of Panama Red but haven't tried it yet. I'm told that while not a power house, it is very good as a daytime mellow energizer.

Last edited:

biohacker

Have you guys ever researched cannabis genetics? Apparently sativa, indica, hybrid refers to the plant's genetics, but doesn't mean anything in terms of effects. For effects you have to look at the terpenes? I dunno, there are a million articles on it on google, and they all pretty much say the same thing. This is why sometimes sativa's can work great for sleep, because it has mycrene or something, and other terps do different things.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I've done a little research. Not nearly enough though. Apparently marijuana as we know it is also for the most part cannabis sativa and there are broad-leaf and narrow-leaf varieties :huh: Sativa's though, as a narrow leaf plant, seems to give that rush/energetic effect upfront during onset but they all seem to settle into relaxation. Indica's as a broad leaf tend to go straight into relaxation. I've no doubt that it has a lot to do with the terpenes and entourage effect among the many cannabinoids.

Then there's also the point in which the plant is harvested. The more clear trichomes the more of an uplifting effect, even on broad leaf varieties. Same with amber trichomes on narrow leaf varieties.

biohacker

Thanks for your contribution bro. I completely agree, I just find it amusing when people are talking about certain strains, when in reality (at least from many dispensaries i've used) the strains people THINK they are getting, are not even what they are supposed to be. I feel like every strain is essentially a hybrid, a TRUE indica or TRUE sativa is rare, all just my opinion ofcourse.

Like I hear people talking about this strain and that strain, but they will be completely different if grown differently. My Jack Herer may be nothing like your jack herer for example.

Apparently follow the nose with terps? Peppery smells are terps that help you sleep (like kushes) and fruity smells are terps that help stimulate (like hazes).... I dunno, sounds similar to indica dom and sativa dom.....confusing.

It's abundant that there is some controversy:

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=sativa+indica+myth

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I agree @biohacker, probably the biggest reason I chose my caregiver as I did was because they grow from seed purchased from the breeder (TGA/Subcool genetics). The plants are all grown outdoor/greenhouse, organic, and the flowers over the years have been consistant. There is the problem of phenotypes as well. Some pheno's will display some genetic disposition to one parent over the other. Then there are some other strains (i.e. jillybean) that seem to consistently display 50/50 genetics of their parents.

I bet your jack herer did have some similarities though, assuming they were both from greenhouse genetics. Heavy pinene, very frosty, long finger buds. Very reminiscent terp profile to that of the NL #5 parent also from greenhouse genetics.

As legality persues, we'll get this all figured out!

biohacker

The plants are all grown outdoor/greenhouse, organic, and the flowers over the years have been consistant

OMFG dude! I would KILL to get meds like this!!! I can get organic, but it's not grown outdoor/greenhouse. I can get greenhouse, but it's fucking gamma irradiated. All I want is sun kissed organic soil grown medicine, and I can't find it in Canada. Someone always has to fuck shit up!

Totally agree about the phenotypes, I never really even considered it. That enough would change the game for strains right there.

I guess we just need to take these strains and classifications with a grain of salt, experiment, and use what works best for our own conditions, and hope for consistency.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
My caregiver is one of just a few clean green organic certified outdoor grown cannabis in Colorado. I feel very grateful and fortunate to live where I do and have access to these meds.

If you check out some strain hunter episodes, you'll see Arjan and Franco (R.I.P.) look through fields of landraces and they will notice the different pheno's. Remembering Franco rave about that one really stinky heavy yielding pheno that stands out amongst the rest. No idea if there was a huge difference in effect :huh: Needless to say they always gravitate towards the stand out pheno's. I just hope they didnt miss out on some really special meds that might not have had the best initial impression.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Just tried some jacks cleaner 2 budder. All I can say is this may be the most racy sativa I've tried. Very grapefruity taste. The first 15 mins are a race to the moon it seems. Quite psychadelic. Pain relief is moderate. Ears are ringing :o

Top Bottom