Sapphire/Ruby Beads/Spheres for Concentrates

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Eternal is unfortunately notorious for that!

I was trashing them in comments/stories on instagram, and got a response in literally seconds sent right to my DMs.

Was told I'd have tracking the next day for the correct insert, and I could even keep the wrong insert I got! Very cool, Eternal Quartz, thanks! :tup:

... Except it's been 2 weeks and they haven't gotten me any tracking, or packages, or responded to further DMs/emails.

Absolutely unreal that they still get enough business to stay afloat... I already know they're going to trash me if I chargeback, but I'm getting nowhere anyway. I'm a pretty patient/understanding person, but man... this is absolutely horrible.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I was trashing them in comments/stories on instagram, and got a response in literally seconds sent right to my DMs.

Was told I'd have tracking the next day for the correct insert, and I could even keep the wrong insert I got! Very cool, Eternal Quartz, thanks! :tup:

... Except it's been 2 weeks and they haven't gotten me any tracking, or packages, or responded to further DMs/emails.

Absolutely unreal that they still get enough business to stay afloat... I already know they're going to trash me if I chargeback, but I'm getting nowhere anyway. I'm a pretty patient/understanding person, but man... this is absolutely horrible.

Yeah man that's really disappointing, IDK how they stay in business with that type of service. Seems to be a theme in the cannabis industry, unfortunately.

apimpnamedsenna

Senna Bear
Why not just buy a 19mm ruby insert from Greek Glass Shop for $85? Toss a ruby pearl or two in there and you have the best cannabis extraction device on the planet!
I actually won a giveaway with Constant Gems x Chanel's Candy. They gave me the option for a pack with a ruby and white vapor pearl, gem grabber and cloth or $50 gift credit for their website. I'm new to inserts of all materials and shapes so I wanted to do some research before choosing..

Would a 19mm insert be effective in my 30mm Toro Grail? And do these inserts work better with torches or enails? I don't have a enail setup.

apimpnamedsenna,

biohacker

Would a 19mm insert be effective in my 30mm Toro Grail? And do these inserts work better with torches or enails? I don't have a enail setup.

It would be swimming in that big of a banger, but you can grab a 710coils 25mm clear for like $40. IMO torching is waaay better than a coil whether barrel or banger/axial but it's gotta be a Blazer Big Shot! (Or NewPort Jumbo)

apimpnamedsenna

Senna Bear
It would be swimming in that big of a banger, but you can grab a 710coils 25mm clear for like $40. IMO torching is waaay better than a coil whether barrel or banger/axial but it's gotta be a Blazer Big Shot! (Or NewPort Jumbo)
Np, there. I got 2 Big Shots <3
Thanks for the tips :tup:

apimpnamedsenna,
Reactions: biohacker

Kanna_Kult

swiss jewel the best place to buy ruby pearls?
I’m also curious about this. Idk if this is the right thread cus I know there’s a thread for gem inserts too, but I have a 30mm 710 coils banger and axial coil and wanna make the Jump to gem inserts. I see there are no affordable gem inserts at 30mm so I’m pretty sure I have to buy a new 25mm banger. I do have a big torch (not the blazer but it’s about as powerful just not as nice). If I wanted to switch to this method, from what I read, I’d be better off buying a new blazer torch than a 25mm axial coil? Do the Greek glass ruby inserts fit Shane’s 25mm bangers ?

One last question, I notice flavor is better without the QUARTZ pearls but do the gem pearls affect flavor ? Or is no pearls still the best way if you’re chasing flavor

Kanna_Kult,
Reactions: JCat

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Any thoughts on the Constant Gems ruby "constant star"? Can't tell if awesome or gimmick.

I thought about picking one up, but held off for one main reason. I think oil will kind of get stuck under the star. With pearls/steamrollers you have movement to keep things going.

With the dab star, it's more like an insert in the way that it's just a flat stationary surface. Only unlike the insert, oil can get below the star.

I had a similar issue with an opaque quartz shuriken. It didn't really move around at all and I wasn't pleased with the performance.

Now is this an issue in real life use? Not sure, but didn't want to spend $70 to find out.

@Kanna_Kult torch vs coil is personal preference. I much prefer my gem pearls to my quartz. I never use my quartz pearls.

JCat

Accessory Maker
How does everyone clean their gem pearls though? Assuming I can’t just dunk them in ISO while hot with my opaque quartz inserts?

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
How does everyone clean their gem pearls though? Assuming I can’t just dunk them in ISO while hot with my opaque quartz inserts?

Correct, you don't want to thermally shock them.

To clean mine, I just give them a quick soak in Simple Green Crystal (same as SG, just without dye/fragrance). After a short soak, if you pick them up, they literally "pop" out of their dirty skin of oil residue. It's actually shocking how easily they clean up compared to my banger (not that I find my banger that difficult either).

The SG just breaks the bond between the oil and the gem and it just slides off.

apimpnamedsenna

Senna Bear
I thought about picking one up, but held off for one main reason. I think oil will kind of get stuck under the star. With pearls/steamrollers you have movement to keep things going.

With the dab star, it's more like an insert in the way that it's just a flat stationary surface. Only unlike the insert, oil can get below the star.

I had a similar issue with an opaque quartz shuriken. It didn't really move around at all and I wasn't pleased with the performance.

Now is this an issue in real life use? Not sure, but didn't want to spend $70 to find out.

@Kanna_Kult torch vs coil is personal preference. I much prefer my gem pearls to my quartz. I never use my quartz pearls.
The star has a flat side and a convex side. Constant claims you can use the star curved side down and it will then spin. Haven't seen any videos to prove it, though.
I figured I give it a try anyway since it was free in a giveaway.

apimpnamedsenna,
Reactions: Roth

JCat

Accessory Maker
Correct, you don't want to thermally shock them.

To clean mine, I just give them a quick soak in Simple Green Crystal (same as SG, just without dye/fragrance). After a short soak, if you pick them up, they literally "pop" out of their dirty skin of oil residue. It's actually shocking how easily they clean up compared to my banger (not that I find my banger that difficult either).

The SG just breaks the bond between the oil and the gem and it just slides off.
So having them sparkling clean for every dab doesn't sound like an option really?

JCat,
Reactions: Roth

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
So having them sparkling clean for every dab doesn't sound like an option really?

I guess it depends how soon you're taking your next dab, and how many sets of pearls you have as well.

If you had multiple sets of pearls, you could just drop in your clean set while you cool/clean the dirty set.

If you wanted to only use one set of pearls, back to back dabs with clean pearls wouldn't really be an option. But if you have some time between dabs, you could just remove the pearls for a few minutes before cleaning in SG/ISO/etc. They don't really take long to cool off when removed from the banger. Never timed it, but only a minute or two should be plenty to avoid any thermal shock.

Also, I'd like to experiment with dunking some dab temp pearls into water/ISO and seeing if they actually crack.

I'm just wondering/brainstorming, but would a sphere be more resistant to thermal shock than a shape like an insert? Would need to dive back into some crystallography/material science to be sure, but in my mind a sphere might be more resistant?

But like @invertedisdead said, they stay fairly clean for multiple dabs if you wet Qtip them afterwards. The wet qtip has never been enough to shock my pearls. You could just clean them at the end of the day if you wanted as well.

The star has a flat side and a convex side. Constant claims you can use the star curved side down and it will then spin. Haven't seen any videos to prove it, though.
I figured I give it a try anyway since it was free in a giveaway.

That's true, I do remember them stating that. However, I'd be curious to see how much movement you actually get with it after it and your banger isn't perfectly clean.

With my opaque shuriken, I could get it to move around the banger when perfectly clean. But once the residue from just a dab or two formed (even after wet qtipping), I wasn't able to get any movement. Perhaps it's not an issue with the star, but not sure.

But like you said, yours was free so it's all gravy!

biohacker

Also, I'd like to experiment with dunking some dab temp pearls into water/ISO and seeing if they actually crack.

I'm just wondering/brainstorming, but would a sphere be more resistant to thermal shock than a shape like an insert? Would need to dive back into some crystallography/material science to be sure, but in my mind a sphere might be more resistant?

No issues dunking hot ruby pearls in room temp ISO IME. YMMV. :2c:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Ruby life sure is nice! I got the GG Ruby Insert for 25mm bangers, 10x 3mm ruby pearls and 5x 5mm ruby pearls today.

I have the Ruby insert w/ 1x 5mm and 2x 3mm ruby pearls sitting in my @710Coils 25mm opaque bottom banger and Axial Coil running at 500F on the Auber and the floor temp of the ruby insert is 450F. The clouds are plenty thick and the flavor is surprisingly next level better. At first I wasn't sold, but then I removed the 8mm quartz pearl and the taste improved significantly.

biohacker

At first I wasn't sold, but then I removed the 8mm quartz pearl and the taste improved significantly.

Welcome to the gemstone dabbing club! :tup: Once you go gemstone, you don't go back! :D Curious, what carb cap are you rocking with your 710coils banger setup? One of the biggest challenges I have had is finding a bubble cap that has a spout short enough that doesn't make any contact with the insert. It's been trial and error, and even two different "exact same caps" can vary by 1mm or so creating that contact/friction that i'm trying to avoid. Fortunately I have two bubble caps that are flawless and hover about 1-2mm above the insert, but haven't been able to source a good backup or two. Working with Shane and Quartz Pi to see what can be done with the spout of those sick quartz pi bubble caps.

Pretty sure that with the ever increasing popularity of gemstone dish inserts, and just banger inserts in general, there will be a demand for these types of carb caps that actually "fit".

I gave away my remaining quartz terp pearls..... still need to try a 4mm gemstone pearl, but i've been experimenting with no pearls, as well as either just one 5mm or one 6mm, and still trying to decide if they are even worth using. Sometimes I think that they don't really do much, but sometimes I think they prevent pooling at lower temps on bigger globs. I think perhaps they are more for lower temps? At mid 500's and up I can very efficiently crush a decent sized dab without one.

At 450f insert dish floor temp, you are on the very low end of the temperature spectrum! Crank 'er up a bit! ;) Try 500-525 on the floor! :nod:

Last edited:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Welcome to the gemstone dabbing club! :tup: Once you go gemstone, you don't go back! :D Curious, what carb cap are you rocking with your 710coils banger setup? One of the biggest challenges I have had is finding a bubble cap that has a spout short enough that doesn't make any contact with the insert. It's been trial and error, and even two different "exact same caps" can vary by 1mm or so creating that contact/friction that i'm trying to avoid. Fortunately I have two bubble caps that are flawless and hover about 1-2mm above the insert, but haven't been able to source a good backup or two. Working with Shane and Quartz Pi to see what can be done with the spout of those sick quartz pi bubble caps.

Pretty sure that with the ever increasing popularity of gemstone dish inserts, and just banger inserts in general, there will be a demand for these types of carb caps that actually "fit".

I gave away my remaining quartz terp pearls..... still need to try a 4mm gemstone pearl, but i've been experimenting with no pearls, as well as either just one 5mm or one 6mm, and still trying to decide if they are even worth using. Sometimes I think that they don't really do much, but sometimes I think they prevent pooling at lower temps on bigger globs. I think perhaps they are more for lower temps? At mid 500's and up I can very efficiently crush a decent sized dab without one.

At 450f insert dish floor temp, you are on the very low end of the temperature spectrum! Crank 'er up a bit! ;) Try 500-525 on the floor! :nod:
I use this one primarily on my home rig setup. I got it at a local headshop and its actually pretty thick glass and good resistance IMO. I originally got it for a 30mm @710Coils banger, however I always use the 25mm banger now. I don't care for the nubs or whatever as there is one on the spout and I hate when that leaves a ring of hot wet oil on the banger walls. The spout does sit about 1mm above my Ruby insert so there is no concern of contact. https://brotherswithglass.com/produ...wig-wag-bubble-carb-cap?variant=8123589558317 I actually have the pink/red looking one in the first picture.

For my portable setup I use a 25mm wig wag bubble cap I won in the IG auction linked below. Its really solid and weighs like twice as much as the one above. The restriction is similar to the one above as I don't notice a difference much, however it is for 25mm bangers or smaller so it is also a smaller diameter. It also has a short spout which I prefer. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn7UTH3FEli/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=12lf4fekcrf63
This one can also be found by Google searching @217 glass rainbow black wig wag.

I like being at the low end of the temp spectrum which is exactly why I prefer to use pearls in my insert. The pearls help to redistribute the heat around I believe as well as add more surface area to an already limited space. I don't plan on raising the temp anytime soon or going sans pearls.

I have noticed the hardest part of this transistion has been the q-tip process after each dab. With a quartz insert or no insert I would always dip one side of a q-tip in a small jar of water and then go to town on the banger with the dry side first and then follow up with the wet side for a steam clean mop up. I had to pour the water jar out once I got the Ruby insert because I find myself reaching witb the q-tip to go for a dip everytime...it's very much like a natural reflex at this point so I have to break the habit. I do like how the Ruby insert seems to stay so much cleaner with the dry q-tip only. The no chazzing is really a nice feature!

Top Bottom