Sapphire/Ruby Beads/Spheres for Concentrates

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Oh wow, the 7.9375mm sapphire spheres are $22.50 each. I was hoping to get 3 and wasn't thinking it'd be $67.50, I'll have to think about it. Maybe go down to 6mm for $8 each. I wish constant gems had 5mm spheres.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Oh wow, the 7.9375mm sapphire spheres are $22.50 each. I was hoping to get 3 and wasn't thinking it'd be $67.50, I'll have to think about it. Maybe go down to 6mm for $8 each. I wish constant gems had 5mm spheres.

Ya, the price goes up quickly as the diameter increases.

I have a pack of 710Coil's 6mm and 8mm quartz pearls at home, but haven't really played with them that much since I had my rubies/sapphires already. But aesthetically at least, the 6mm look better to me. The 8's seemed a little large, even in my 30mm banger. I think I'd rather a few more 6mm to equal the mass of the 8mm. The volume of a 7.93mm sphere is about 2.3x the volume of the 6mm sphere.

But like I said, this is based on my very limited experience with them so far.

I asked on IG for the sizes of Constant Gems various products and got this a response:

"Nano Vapor Pearls are 3mm
Vapor Pearls 6mm
Vapor Orbs 10.5mm
Steam Rollers 16.5mm x 5mm
Constant Dabstar 19.5mm x 6mm"

I ordered a ruby steam roller last week, that came with a 5 pack of their nano pearls as a free gift. Haven't been home to experiment with them yet though. Looking forward to dropping the steam roller and a few of my 5mm ruby/sapphires. Might just drop all of my rubies and sapphires and see how it goes!

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Has anyone pre-ordered one of those constant gem ruby insert? Kind of curious to see how they are for that price.

I am thinking of trying one of those rollers too. Anyone know how is their service? Do they ship quick?

My recent order that I placed for a ruby steam roller shipped out the next day. They've been responsive to me when I've asked a question or two as well.

I'm curious to see how the Constant Gem and Adapt Tech inserts stack up against each other. I see there is a circular divot in the Constant Gem inserts, assuming from machining. No idea how/if it affects performance though.

ChurroForSure-O

Those steam rollers are the shit. I ordered one from Constant and got another as a freebie (plus other freebies!). Shipped super quick too! I love laying a dab across a roller in the center with a ball on each side. I've found that I like to fill my quartz banger floor around 2/3 to 3/4 covered with various sizes of beads/roller so there is just enough area to push sapphire around to get oil moving. If the floor is fully covered then it seems like oil gets trapped under and doesn't vaporize as efficiently.

Not sure what shapes/size combos are most efficient but it's fun as hell to experiment! I currently have 3,4,5,6mm Ruby/sapphire and the steam roller. Like I said though, one steam roller+5mm bead on each side is a great combo for @710Coils 25mm opaque banger.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Constant certainly has a lot of colours of Sapphire. I didn’t know it came in so many. Is their “white sapphire” basically quartz? I don’t know what makes a colour exotic but they’ve got three of them! However I do think they are all real purdy, get one of each and taste the rainbow!

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Constant certainly has a lot of colours of Sapphire. I didn’t know it came in so many. Is their “white sapphire” basically quartz? I don’t know what makes a colour exotic but they’ve got three of them! However I do think they are all real purdy, get one of each and taste the rainbow!

Na, the "white" sapphire is just pure corundum. Definitely not quartz. The performance of any of the rubies/sapphires will be better than quartz.

Ruby and sapphire are both gem quality corundum, Al2O3. Pure corundum is the "white" sapphire. Any slight impurity gives you different colors. Rubies are corundum with a trace amount of chromium in the molecular structure. Sapphires are blue corundum, which get their blue color from iron and titanium. Any other colors from impurities of different elements are "fancy" or "exotic" sapphires.

Rubies change color with heat. They will turn almost black when very hot. Other than that, everything else performance wise should be the same as far as I know.

So only real reason to get one of the exotic colors is if you like the looks of them.

Edit: It seems you can also permanently change the color of sapphires with various forms of heat treating. No idea if the different colors Constant has are from impurities, heat treating, or a combination of both.

https://geology.com/gemstones/ruby-and-sapphire/

Last edited:

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Those steam rollers are the shit. I ordered one from Constant and got another as a freebie (plus other freebies!). Shipped super quick too! I love laying a dab across a roller in the center with a ball on each side. I've found that I like to fill my quartz banger floor around 2/3 to 3/4 covered with various sizes of beads/roller so there is just enough area to push sapphire around to get oil moving. If the floor is fully covered then it seems like oil gets trapped under and doesn't vaporize as efficiently.

Not sure what shapes/size combos are most efficient but it's fun as hell to experiment! I currently have 3,4,5,6mm Ruby/sapphire and the steam roller. Like I said though, one steam roller+5mm bead on each side is a great combo for @710Coils 25mm opaque banger.

Had my brother open up my Constant Gem package since I won't be home for over a week. Looks like I got a free white steam roller too!

Place an order for 1 ruby steam roller, and they were giving 3 gifts away with every order that week. Got a white steam roller, 5 nano rubies, and their gem grabber for free! So all of that for $30. Not a bad deal in my book!

Do 2 steam rollers fit laying down flat in your 25mm banger? Or only room for 1 at a time? Wonder if both will fit in my 30mm.

Edit: Looks like this week is the last week that Constant Gems is doing free gifts with each order. This week you get 1 of their gem grabbers, 1 of their cleaning cloths, and 1 randomly selected gem from 14 different options. You might get a 5 pack of nanos, 1 pearl of any color, a steam roller, or maybe even the dab star. So if you're on the fence, you might go ahead and do it this week!

Last edited:

VaporScript

Does anyone know the dimensions of Constant Gem's ruby insert for a 25mm banger? I am considering using it with one of @710Coils bangers, but I believe Shane's bangers are thicker than other 25mm bangers. However, I cannot find an email or phone number on the Constant Gem website so I can confirm the dimensions :hmm: Thanks in advance!:)

VaporScript,
Reactions: Roth

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Does anyone know the dimensions of Constant Gem's ruby insert for a 25mm banger? I am considering using it with one of @710Coils bangers, but I believe Shane's bangers are thicker than other 25mm bangers. However, I cannot find an email or phone number on the Constant Gem website so I can confirm the dimensions :hmm: Thanks in advance!:)

I just asked them on IG. They seem to be pretty responsive, so will let you know what they reply with.

I'm assuming it's going to be 18mm OD, like Adapt Techs, but we shall see. If so, that should work I think. 25mm banger with 2.5mm side walls means 20mm inside. An 18mm OD insert would leave 1mm on each side for expansion.

@Shooby @710Coils or any of our other insert experts, that should work, right?

Edit: Adapt Tech has on their website:

"There should be at least 1mm of space between your insert and your quartz on the inside of the banger. "

So yes, if the OD is 18mm I think it should work.

Double Edit:

Constant Gems just responded with:

"We understand your concern, to be as accommodating to as many 25mm’s as possible it’s designed to pair perfectly with 2.5mm thick walls. If for any reason an Inserts does not work for someone so long as it is not used or damaged we will happily accept a return for a refund."

So yes, @VaporScript it looks like you're good to go.

When I ordered from them, I got my shipping notification from vaporpearls@constantgems.com, but no idea if they check that inbox often or not. You can reach out that way if you want more confirmation.

Last edited:

VaporScript

My apologies for the consecutive posts, but I thought anyone considering a purchase from Swiss Jewel Company (https://www.swissjewel.com/) might be pleased to know they have revised their website.

If you are paying with a credit card, you can now order online without needing to call or email first for a quote. The prices of items have been added to the site and the check out is simple and straight forward if using a credit card.

You will still need to call if paying via international bank wire, purchase orders or bank transfer.

(They must have been overwhelmed with small orders from FC Members and decided to update their website! ;))

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Ouch. Unfortunately, not really recommended for small international orders though.
I added 5x 5mm ruby balls to my cart and they wanted $65 for shipping lol :(

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
My apologies for the consecutive posts, but I thought anyone considering a purchase from Swiss Jewel Company (https://www.swissjewel.com/) might be pleased to know they have revised their website.

If you are paying with a credit card, you can now order online without needing to call or email first for a quote. The prices of items have been added to the site and the check out is simple and straight forward if using a credit card.

You will still need to call if paying via international bank wire, purchase orders or bank transfer.

(They must have been overwhelmed with small orders from FC Members and decided to update their website! ;))
I'm very happy to see this, I was planning to call them today. It's so much better being able to see the prices and figure out what material/size I want.

Nice one, thanks.

Edit: The $50 minimum is gone too. I was going to add an extra sphere to put it over $50 when I noticed I didn't need to.

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Has anyone tried constant gems inserts? They have a 25mm white sapphire one for $160:
https://constantgems.com/collection...order-constant-insert-for-25mm-white-sapphire

Edit: Also wondering about opinions of using a Circular Sapphire Window from swiss jewel. They have one with a diameter of 1.171/1.191" (29.7434/30.2514 mm), the high end is a bit over 30mm so I'd probably go one size smaller. They're almost half an inch thick too (.035/.043"):
https://www.swissjewel.com/product/sapphire-windows/w30-00/

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I posted pretty much the same thing in the d-nail thread, I thought it belonged here too:

My sapphire spheres got delivered and I am having a lot of fun with them. I had so much fun with them I didn't try anything without them, I just did a bunch with the spheres in so I can't really say exactly how much the taste improved. It did let me turn the temp down about 25 degrees. I run around 625-635 and I was down to 600 after putting them in. It works like normal until you get them spinning, then it just happens all at once it seems like. It's kind of crazy how strong the force of the spin can get, my rig will start shaking and make an interesting noise.

I am curious if I should be worried about using a wet q-tip with them in there, aren't they more susceptible to thermal shock? Also wondering if I should use more than 4, not sure about the science behind more or less spheres being in there.

Haven't had a chance to try out my 6mm ones in my banger yet, I'm still cleaning it.

I'm really enjoying them:
giphy.gif

They shipped them quickly and safely in these containers in bags in envelopes covered in bubble wrap in a box of packing peanuts. Pretty, pretty safe.
9k3y2a.jpg

2s77ywz.jpg

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
I posted pretty much the same thing in the d-nail thread, I thought it belonged here too:

My sapphire spheres got delivered and I am having a lot of fun with them. I had so much fun with them I didn't try anything without them, I just did a bunch with the spheres in so I can't really say exactly how much the taste improved. It did let me turn the temp down about 25 degrees. I run around 625-635 and I was down to 600 after putting them in. It works like normal until you get them spinning, then it just happens all at once it seems like. It's kind of crazy how strong the force of the spin can get, my rig will start shaking and make an interesting noise.

I am curious if I should be worried about using a wet q-tip with them in there, aren't they more susceptible to thermal shock? Also wondering if I should use more than 4, not sure about the science behind more or less spheres being in there.

Haven't had a chance to try out my 6mm ones in my banger yet, I'm still cleaning it.

I'm really enjoying them:
giphy.gif

They shipped them quickly and safely in these containers in bags in envelopes covered in bubble wrap in a box of packing peanuts. Pretty, pretty safe.
9k3y2a.jpg

2s77ywz.jpg

5mm spheres in the Halo?
I tried 6mm and they didn't fit.

Looks pretty sweet!

:D

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
Has there been much discussion here or elsewhere about terp pearl size and its impact on flavor or performance? Looking to pick up some SiC pearls and am leaning toward 6mm for my 25mm banger but it occurred to me, I don't have a good reason for that. I've used 4mm, 5mm, and 6mm in the past but haven't noticed much difference in flavor or spinning ability between them. Curious what others' experiences are.

Seems natural that more mass would aid in heat retention. But at what point would that begin to hinder performance or flavor?

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
FWIW, I definitely notice a difference in flavour between 6mm and 8mm. Much prefer the smaller.
Sorry to jump in but this is interesting.

I wanted to use various sizes together, thinking it would spread the rosin better as each size ball touches the banger at a slightly different spot.
I think maximum spread gives fastest evaporation at lowest temperatures, for the least degradation of terpenes and cannabinoids. But that is just a theory in my head. I will have to try.

Your experience seems to indicate otherwise.
Maybe less quartz surface gives better taste.

I used a quartz/ti hybrid nail. And while I believe the bigger(higher) quartz dish to be slightly more efficient in vaporising the cannabinoids, I definitely detect less terpene tastes than with the smaller dish.
maybe it is the bigger quartz surface of the bigger dish that eats the terps or something.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Sorry to jump in but this is interesting.

I wanted to use various sizes together, thinking it would spread the rosin better as each size ball touches the banger at a slightly different spot.
I found (1) 6mm and (1) 8mm at the same time to be my favorite. I mentioned this before but I think hitting the banger walls and floors in different areas is key. When I go big on my dabs I always notice a pool in the center of the bucket where the pearls don't reach and I always think I need a larger 10mm pearl added in for those large hits so there is less wasted material.

Top Bottom