Sapphire and Ruby inserts for bangers

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Did anyone try the spheres with D-Nail Halos?
Does it work?
Any advantage?

Hogni,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Does it work?
Any advantage?
Nope. I seldom use the Halos these days. but i may pull it out this weekend to see what flat top bucket they may fit in. Ill let you know Monday at the latest.

I did order a full opaque double gear from Eternal Quartz to fit inside the full opaque insert. Kinda curious to see all that opaque go to work.

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Does it work?
Any advantage?

I rarely use my Halos for in home use but I broke one to test with the ruby spheres.
6mm is too big to fit. :(

5mm probably would.
If they fit I think that they would make a huge difference in performance as the DNail carb cap with the offset angled air intake would make the spheres orbit nicely.

:leaf:

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I rarely use my Halos for in home use but I broke one to test with the ruby spheres.
6mm is too big to fit. :(

5mm probably would.
If they fit I think that they would make a huge difference in performance as the DNail carb cap with the offset angled air intake would make the spheres orbit nicely.

:leaf:

so mininail x purr came out with a glass halo carb cap that i was wondering if it would fit the dnail halos. That would be a nice addition to a halo set up to add with the spheres.

Hogni

Thanks! Eager for your experiences. Then we only need to know performance of the spheres on the NV VRod with D-nail Halo and VRod carb cap.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
The Gordo OG Riptide surely did NOT spin the rubies inside the 30mm sapphire. I ordered an XL Gordo OG Riptide. Normally they are 33-35mm wide but this one is 40mm wide, XL or Big Ring. It stated XL on the bag and in the invoice stated big ring. I told him it has to cover a 35mm quartz flat top.

This cap actually sucks compared to the gordo bubble cap TBH. Thats using it in a 30mm and 25mm buckets. It doesnt milk as much as the bubble riptide. The OG does spin the balls in the 19mm and 24mm inserts but not the larger 30mm inserts. The issue is that the riptide tech isnt wide enough to spin the air towards the outer walls with force on the wider 30mm.

Technically, i guess the 30mm doesnt need any ruby spheres since it already has so much surface area but i really want a cap to make the rubies spin inside the big ass sapphire insert. I am thinking maybe a bubble cap with a long ass nipple to basically push the rubies around. Maybe have coojo make me one with a long ass nipple.

BTW, Nautilus should have their adapters soon. Its in transit to him and should arrive this week.

I also got a Eternal Quartz double stack gear to put inside my 19mm full opaque insert. I ordered on Friday and Monday, its was in my mailbox. Well technically, it arrived Sat. but i was out all weekend and didnt get it until Monday. I got mine broken with a piece broken off. But i am using the rest of it and its pretty dam nice combination, An opaque double stack gear inside a full opaque insert. The only issue is that the double stack gears are hard to clean.

Last edited:

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Here are pics of the Eternal Quartz's full opaque, Doublestack gear
Full opaque insert for 25mm Bucket from Cryptic Culture with a Doublestack Gear for 25mm inserts from Eternal Quartz in a 25mm Halen Bucket. Working on a 30mm version but not sure if it will fit.

Next will be getting about 10 more Rubies and putting them all in an insert.

FULL OPAQUE NUCLEATION but a bitch to clean!!!!
5ittZeWMipBGrx-GzTp_EeBeg7751kYXAZitKFACld2VMWzjf48Neq7GG95JQxkTXSstb0Nxs08UHkVoGFZ-jnn2ET845DdqwIrJOOqoFr5aN_EqS9SlEPLr6LD6Ex4esSwlX-NVv2ghTeQbllvghST1ov634kjC8Fg83zumY-pEhJFcuwZ6ewc0nHfgV2Flu6AiTpel4zAoJPICixJ3Y7s0Tp6H4-kFW_yeuNW9rNkQ0JmmPV-Fy6W_q7XbQGU8LvPUSUtYMfC_3kEKBbLKoMOJieESr0SpZcrG5XBKnsvQslEU7L3-NkHQmoFFF3BCH6ZElFLTfdGggha935OBghYhcRJY4HOp6WANzSnuNbN_3K0wgZV1szZ8JI4b7HNs-4t9gbEysnKqPQrT6kPfNk5phFr5vicuFIpsQJc0FSteI6mxsdgmpk4voPcWzb5Y3z2CUeRmdND4oBpbKYVlfffAEVwb8fR_Q_xPyfzsEycrt_eY3-UE2VxgBpQl34xIXeTK4EvwIBzH0LhuX1XYD6wyFhBz5YnDmtDwvOdoq0-B-ALZKfTZkagZtEIUrb65U6NoSBwoMPaT-vZLLKBb8fWr5TNfvvT6vldHBMiSWlUadvhgRhzDE9sUk0RZeR6FmlMw5-VQVjaQR298dKyUxsZMsdE3Wv3V=w702-h936-no

rEEzL5WwOmL1CG_Zsi0X2YthFsQxrmqL55fKn2xJzLEcjt5GqG4ZUGiRUO_IxUcLGyRrpq8fQCJCFdFPpQqT2-Kz9AKCMECsD5e6nRJ4ygacs-Po1Awlm7c0fsWNk3clNgwobmooibcDLEVW-1JRu6fwa0ZTeIJMp3I9JVY9SR3f8I1MPrGEppCTVsiDh-_3FYvb5FZLNkpW_UhfPToIwWNxL2v-IWtTyoxkjreV5Epzc4SyfbYamGBVFI9savKqQbxFJ84D-h27ehUk-Ls_tO6PajG5ybBXNOCAkoXLyvGUfO-r4pV2kx2XqAa8mQvH9M8LpsjStC36pj9Y0ZbTlMs_wQdTV8VtKy0G_fUB4ca7JFpt-gpUdKZ9Brbz1-6bdT8wIRMvIwqW28KB2vuGA2ca94oQyh8dNXefccbkj4mWeP8guAABMEjdr8ANvsP91FpPZo1Mx56HxRa0G3F1doI5M6J9YAOnI6r32dyv_3812rt-tnQxxuajdb_SVLb6VbugsedkjC3ukNBVrdArhuuSxRfyzXd-Z8aPaGG6cPKjteTKOdQlBFtcPvY36Y6ahKg4_jV5HH8z-QvEvXoQAeIX-MWfSywjW1SRDM3dNrklFyvZ7j2EeX7eHFDZxXrCyPtMirWDhsDBCPNdpYxIuv-r22NnRSr0=w702-h936-no

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
They have arrived!!!! I should be getting my Nautilus sapphires tomorrow. Both 18mm an 24mm are in the mail. Both Semi-Polished.

Gotta find a nice 30mm flat top with 2.5mm walls to fit the 24mm adapter.

Ill update yall!!

alittledabwilldoya'

They have arrived!!!! I should be getting my Nautilus sapphires tomorrow. Both 18mm an 24mm are in the mail. Both Semi-Polished.

Gotta find a nice 30mm flat top with 2.5mm walls to fit the 24mm adapter.

Ill update yall!!

Eagerly awaiting!

:D

alittledabwilldoya',

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Eagerly awaiting!

:D
Me too. They are semi polished only. He said polished wohld be more expensive. The rubies aren't ready yet too. Maybe in 2-3 months as they are still being tested.

He did advise against big ass globs. As the thermal shock of the big ass glob may cause shock. Especially if it's keep on the fridge or freezer. That could explain the cracks to my sapphires in the past.

I asked him what a big ass glob is. He said like a 1/4 gram dab. I'm not that yet. Lol.

alittledabwilldoya'

Me too. They are semi polished only. He said polished wohld be more expensive. The rubies aren't ready yet too. Maybe in 2-3 months as they are still being tested.

He did advise against big ass globs. As the thermal shock of the big ass glob may cause shock. Especially if it's keep on the fridge or freezer. That could explain the cracks to my sapphires in the past.

I asked him what a big ass glob is. He said like a 1/4 gram dab. I'm not that yet. Lol.

So they are only concerned with thermal shock from rapid (ish) cooling, not heating?
They designed these inserts to torch didn't they?
Torching is more thermal shock than I am willing to expose my CCA sapphire inserts to.

Yeah, I don't do .25g dabs either.

What do you think you are going to use as a banger for the two different inserts?
Enail or torch?
Have you tried that P&B banger yet?

My condolences for the rash of bangers going the way of the Dodo.

alittledabwilldoya',

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
So they are only concerned with thermal shock from rapid (ish) cooling, not heating?
They designed these inserts to torch didn't they?
Torching is more thermal shock than I am willing to expose my CCA sapphire inserts to.

Yeah, I don't do .25g dabs either.

What do you think you are going to use as a banger for the two different inserts?
Enail or torch?
Have you tried that P&B banger yet?

My condolences for the rash of bangers going the way of the Dodo.

They said to not directly heat the sapphire. You need quartz to heat the sapphire. Yes they designed it for torching with no thought for enail use FYI.

They will start educating the importance of good quartz to use with the sapphire soon. But they are still in a beta mode. Still testing these sapphires and rubies.

And don't forget, these are not inserts as you do not remove them when it's hot.. you only remove it from the bucket when it's room temp. That's why they are adapters. You leave it in. Basically you heat up to dab. Take your dab and once it cools, the sapphire is brown. When. Your ready to dab, torch the quartz and the heat with burn clean the sapphire . So there is really no need to remove it.

You know me, I'm doin both torch and enail and report back. I torch the 30mm sapphire a bunch with not one issue to the sapphire.

I had another cheap china banger that just fit the 30mm sapphire with no tolerance and the quartz blew up. Sapphire was fine.

I'm still hunting for a right bucket for these REM adapters. I'm thinking for the 18mm sapphire, the toro xl 25mm and the mayoral 24mm. Then I'll grab the 25mm hybrid coil from MiniNail to use on the 24mm mayoral. This will give me a 1 mm tolerance on the coil to quartz. T toro is for torching only.

For the 24mm, this one I'm more stumped on as the 30mm toro has 3mm walls which means 24mm ID and no room for sapphire to expand. My options are the 31mm mayoral and stretching out my Augusthaus 30mm coil to fit it. My other option is to find a 30mm eternal fat bottom that has 2.5mm walls.

The pukinbeagle 36mm gold join the dodo party. In the form of USPS. I got this one from quartzbychris who is working on getting me a replacement from Ron. I plan on using the 28mm dnail sapphire for this bucket. This has 3mm walls and fits the 30mm sapphire but I don't trust the heat expansion. I learned from a cheap $16 china quartz.

Hopefully the combination of increasing room between coil and quartz and the coil clips by @710Coils, I will not see a broken quartz for the rest of 2018.

710Coils

Manufacturer
The sapphire inserts can be shocked from quick heat and cold. I had a few of those when I messed with the ligers and it always amazed me how easily they broke for the price point.
The SiC insert was my go to mostly as it was pretty industrial and gave good dabs still =)

710Coils,
Reactions: Hogni

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Fucking awesome. Just fucking awesome. I don't know what else to say.

I have only used the 24mm in the augusAugus XXL bucket and coil. I just broke my 25mm Halen 10 mine before i was about to try it. I dropped the banger on the floor when Croatia took the lead this.

I drove around and couldn't find an American quartz within an hour.

Very tasty. More tasty than the 30mm in the 35mm HB.

It's build very solid and heavy. 3mm thick base with 2mm thick walls on the 18mm. The walls are really high too at 12mm from the top of the base. The entire 20mm CCA sapphire is 12.5mm tall including the base compared to 15mm for the Nautilus.

I put two rubies inside and it had no problems spinning. Hardly had to pull to spin it. Overall, I love these sapphire. I like the semi polished ad my ir gun works on it. Durability is the question tho and time will only tell .

If you spent $300 on a Liger sapphire and liked it, you almost have to try one of these.

If you are interested in getting one, DM me. They are almost all gone already.

Hogni

Fuck it! Another high price banger destroyed? :o
How many in total the last days/weeks? Must have you cost a fortune!?
Are you sure quartz bangers are the right choice for you? ;)

But now you have to be a lucky guy at least. As we say in German "Scherben bringen Glück" - shards bring good fortune :tup:

Hogni,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Fuck it! Another high price banger destroyed? :o
How many in total the last days/weeks? Must have you cost a fortune!?
Are you sure quartz bangers are the right choice for you? ;)

But now you have to be a lucky guy at least. As we say in German "Scherben bringen Glück" - shards bring good fortune :tup:

Yes it has. I'm most upset about the toro tho. Now I'm basically starting over.

Hence the summer cleaning in classified to help.

But now, I'm stretching my coils out a bit or buying 1mm larger coils. Like the mayoral 24mm with a 25mm coil is probably the best bet. Or the e.ross at $300.

I made my own 37mm coils by stretching the MiniNail 35mm. This way I can use it with my pukinbeagle 36mm.

Now I have a better handle so hopefully moving forward, this doesn't happen so frequently.

Hogni

But are all these very pricy bangers you have/had really worth the money performance wise compared to some better Chinese ones? Especially if you are using them paired with some high grade inserts?

Hogni,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Worth to me may mean something completely different to me than what worth msy mean for you.

Are Mercedes-Benz work it over a Honda? Both are cars and do the same thing right. But ones can cost as much as $350k. And the other as much as $60k.

In my area, people are buying 2 bedroom 1k sq ft condo for $650k and I live in a suburb.

To me .Yes which is why I'm buying a mayoral, hoyes and eternal this week. And will get more as time comes. I want two of the same size buckets to swap. Let one soak in dark crystal and use the other.

Hogni

*oups!* You got me absolutely wrong I believe. I didn't want to criticize your expenses. It was meant as a serious question. How much better is a $150 banger compared to a Chinese $15 one? I know it isn't 10x so good but how notable is the difference?

Last edited:

alittledabwilldoya'

*oups!* You got me abslutely wrong I believe. I didn't want to criticize your expenses. It was meant as a serious question. How much better is a $150 banger compared to a Chinese $15 one? I know it isn't 10x so good but how notable is the difference?

@Shooby, in addition to the above mentioned question:
Can you notice the difference between a Liger + insert with a Ti airpath vs. a Quartz banger + insert?
(Now that I think about my question a bit more I think you already mentioned that the Quartz+insert is smoother).

:peace:

alittledabwilldoya',
Reactions: Hogni

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
*oups!* You got me absolutely wrong I believe. I didn't want to criticize your expenses. It was meant as a serious question. How much better is a $150 banger compared to a Chinese $15 one? I know it isn't 10x so good but how notable is the difference?

I didn't take it as a criticism. I'm in sales an when some one tells me asap? Well that can mean a min or a year. Depending on who you ask.

The Chinese quartz has a bland taste to it. It's better than ti but not much. The bland taste is annoying as I want more flavor. It's smooth but just not as tasty.

American is just clean taste. Pure 99.99% quartz. It's just a cleaner taste. My goal is to eliminate any impurities in my vaping and make it smoother. China uses quartz but never states the brand or purity. I work with and for many Chinese manufacturer and I don't trust their QC, if they have one.

Can I tell a difference? Yes, if you came over and did a blind taste test, you will notice a big difference. I did it to my buddy with the Galaxy vs the Halen using the sapphire. Granted it was about 10mins between both hits but he picked the Halen bucket and said that was one of the tastiest hits he had.

@Shooby, in addition to the above mentioned question:
Can you notice the difference between a Liger + insert with a Ti airpath vs. a Quartz banger + insert?
(Now that I think about my question a bit more I think you already mentioned that the Quartz+insert is smoother).

:peace:
Hard to answer, .I havent used the Liger since I got the kube one. Let's out it this way,. Before I got into the American quartz. I had to find out if I liked this style, quartz and sapphire that is with coil. And I used china quartz. China quartz was enough of an improvement for me to not give a shit for my new Augusthaus Liger coil. Which I used once only. And this was using cheap china bangers from smoke shops that t fit the Liger 20mm inserts.

Anyone in the socal area is always welcome to come by and have a sesh to try this shit. Two buddies already had me buy them the Augusthaus XXL coil and quartz so they can use the full opaqOp insert. Sapphire is just to expensive for them now and plus, they aren't easy to get now.

FYI, neither buddy used ligers. They were quartz banger users with torch or Halo users.

I'm the type of guy that when I like something. I keep going. Again, I notice a difference in everything.

Right now, I'm annoyed that I don't have any American quartz to use with these new adapters. I'm using the china quartz from Augusthaus as that and the Galaxy are the only bangers I have. And I'm leaving Monday morning for San Fran Monday morning and won't be back until sat. I drove around to find any American quartz and was only able to find 10mm and 45 degrees.

On 710, I'm looking to buy about 4 American quartz.

Last edited:

Danksta

The Gordo OG Riptide surely did NOT spin the rubies inside the 30mm sapphire. I ordered an XL Gordo OG Riptide. Normally they are 33-35mm wide but this one is 40mm wide, XL or Big Ring. It stated XL on the bag and in the invoice stated big ring. I told him it has to cover a 35mm quartz flat top.

This cap actually sucks compared to the gordo bubble cap TBH. Thats using it in a 30mm and 25mm buckets. It doesnt milk as much as the bubble riptide. The OG does spin the balls in the 19mm and 24mm inserts but not the larger 30mm inserts. The issue is that the riptide tech isnt wide enough to spin the air towards the outer walls with force on the wider 30mm.

Technically, i guess the 30mm doesnt need any ruby spheres since it already has so much surface area but i really want a cap to make the rubies spin inside the big ass sapphire insert. I am thinking maybe a bubble cap with a long ass nipple to basically push the rubies around. Maybe have coojo make me one with a long ass nipple.

BTW, Nautilus should have their adapters soon. Its in transit to him and should arrive this week.

I also got a Eternal Quartz double stack gear to put inside my 19mm full opaque insert. I ordered on Friday and Monday, its was in my mailbox. Well technically, it arrived Sat. but i was out all weekend and didnt get it until Monday. I got mine broken with a piece broken off. But i am using the rest of it and its pretty dam nice combination, An opaque double stack gear inside a full opaque insert. The only issue is that the double stack gears are hard to clean.

I've had the best luck not using an insert with the ruby sphere. I use the Riptide cap and a 30mm Eternal V2 banger. I use my Leisure Incycler too. I have to make sure to hold it straight or the ball will not spin. Once you get it to spin a couple of times it gets easier and easier.

Danksta,
Reactions: 710Coils

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I've had the best luck not using an insert with the ruby sphere. I use the Riptide cap and a 30mm Eternal V2 banger. I use my Leisure Incycler too. I have to make sure to hold it straight or the ball will not spin. Once you get it to spin a couple of times it gets easier and easier.

Yeah. Without inserts. It's a lot easier to spin. Even not using a gordo cap.

I just bought a 30mm eternal reverse etched along with like 4 other buckets. 1 mayoral, 2 Hoyes and another Halen bucket.

After that, it's both toros 31mm and 40mm mayoral and an eternal fat bottom 30mm. Then I'm done. That mayoral cup looks tempting tho.

My goal is to have enough quartz that if I break one. I don't have to rush to replace. As well as this will allow me to clean my quartz by letting them soak longer in dark crystal. I'm cleaning my quartz too often now as I'm just anal with keeping my shit clean. I don't want any Chazzing on my good quartz. I broke two quartz while basically cleaning them and watching world cup one time and the Yankees another.

The 24mm sapphire is still going strong. Using it daily each day since Saturday. Mainly on enail but have torched as well. No issues. Works great Everytime.

I have not used the 18mm Sapp yet. Still need something to put it in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom