Sapphire and Ruby inserts for bangers

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@muunch I get what you’re saying and don’t have a horse either, but in regards to this:

No one here was too willing to give an AT insert a try, but dude at least SAID he'd try what y'all were using so he could compare?

Dude can buy 4 maybe 5 inserts from other sellers and be out less than the price of one AT insert. I don’t think we owe it to a random guy to pay stupid money for the AT insert to engage in a debate, simply because he shows up spouting opinions and acting like they’re facts... repeating them over again doesn’t make them true... then turning nasty and insulting. There are other places on the interwebs for that behaviour imo.

And I hope you know me well enough by now to know that I respect ya and not being argumentative but just my thoughts about his comparison offer. On the face of it, it’s pointless. Which is a lot like life itself, actually...:D

JCat

Accessory Maker
Hey @muunch ... personally ... I wanted to see his comparisons, and I do believe there is a difference in quality from China vs America; but I doubt there is a 500% difference, but if proven wrong, I guess I'd need $1,000 in inserts after tax (or $1,500 Canadian ... :lol: ... so that I'd have a spare!)

He was willing to give our inserts a chance (to prove us wrong?), but that's a small investment in comparison. The AT inserts are 4-5x the cost of the 710coils or GG ones.

It wasn't what he said, it was how he said it. You shouldn't come in bashing one company to praise another ... you can offer direct comparisons and compare value, as that is objective; or you can offer feedback on direct negative or positive experiences you have had, but not just bashing them for no reason apart that you think there competitor is better based on your subjective opinion :)

Just my opinion of course :)

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
I never saw it as not giving AT a chance or anything, IIRC there were several members that used AT stuff (before he went price retarded) and loved them. I checked the AT site last night to see what he was offering and almost did a spit take when i saw the prices, they used to be inline with just about everyone else, now they are EASILY 2-2.5x the cost of everywhere else. $700 for an insert?? Fuck off......

IMO, until someone does an accurate carat for carat (from my understanding, the closest way to ensure similarity) comparison of different sourced inserts......everyone is kinda talking outta their asses with anecdotes. To say 1 gem is far and away better then another gem of the same material seems silly to me if all else is equal. (not knowing if gem "purity" is even a thing....which i don't think t is)

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
@muunch Man, I'd love to see some comparisons. There have been at least a couple times I saw an AT insert and went "wow, that'd look kickass with my rig" but there's always been a question of performance for me (and particularly the price : performance ratio). Like @JCat said, does it perform 4-5x better? Hell, even if it performs twice as well, I'd still consider buying one.

not knowing if gem "purity" is even a thing

It actually is, but whether or not it has any effect on our usage is another story.

Also, no hard feelings toward @sapphiredabs, he seems like a nice enough dude... I've seen a lot of his posts on reddit (mostly from his previous handle). But I have a hard time believing he doesn't have some sort of affiliation with AT, whether it's through a friend or directly. And that's fine too, but empty words aren't gonna convince me to buy anything in life.

edit: $700?? Holy fuck buckets, when did they get that expensive? Fuck that, that thing better double as a butt plug too.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I'm not defending him really, just noting that he only got aggressive after people were asserting he was a shill for pretty much 2 pages straight.

I get everyone wants to be the Gatekeeping Authority on cannabis consumption but I hate this massive ego-fueled competition that it feels like, as @invertedisdead noted.

I'm not swinging my dick around thinking my American made insert is God's gift to Earth but it's also absolutely retarded to say that it's the same as a knockoff made in China... I thought we all acknowledge China QC is typically shit (especially for devices we are inhaling from?)

I mean, take a look at the SiC thing... that shit is straight unhealthy to inhale from if the surface is not properly treated. Don't get me wrong, I don't love Fadespace, but their cytotoxicity tests make me feel a lot better. Then over here we have people circlejerking over a made in China SiC device, claiming it's going to "shit all over other e-rigs."

Ironically, most of the time, the people asserting these claims haven't even tried an e-rig and are..... shilling their shitty product that they haven't even tried!!! They just think it looks cool and "everyone else says it's good so it must be"

Idk... Like I said I have no horse in the race but it's still funny. People care when it's an outsider exhibiting bias, but blind eye gets turned (and people rally behind them...) if it's a "senior member" that posts it.

I've still seen no proof either way.

I'm sorry but if I want something "end game" (be it a banger, rig, vaporizer... etc) I am not going to go for an entry level model and talk it up like it's the high-end model.

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
@muunch i would question any member with the claims he made. All I asked for was evidence and told him I was looking forward to his videos. I hypothesized on the quality/price/value thing but also stated it was in the eye of the beholder. I was perfectly polite I think ....

And then he called me ignorant (after calling others such as well)

Totally not cool from a new member or a senior one.

Just my 2 cents.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I agree. Name-calling isn't a good way to communicate any point.

I don't think this guy was in the right, either. So let me clarify that. I do think most Chinese made gemstones look like absolute ass (super cloudy) compared to higher end ones, though.

I still want Aluminum Nitride comparisons to gemstone inserts.

I also agree $700 (or even $400) for an insert that could EASILY thermal shock and be completely destroyed is absolutely unreasonable.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
We all liked/like the the CCA's sapphire insert made by China for the Ligers before we had an alternative choice. He even told us the Karats and when it changed too which was nice. Even if AT inserts had more Karats than China, would it still warrant the $300-500 premium for the AT inserts? I dont think so.

The goal really is to have more options for ruby/sapphire inserts and lower prices for more people to enjoy vaping no matter if its made in China or Russia. Maybe this will force AT to have an even cheaper line of inserts to compete or bring his prices down. One thing AT has going for them is variety and actual inserts in stock to sell. All others are typically a preorder or out of stock which forces you to wait a long ass time or pony up for a $500 for an AT insert. So I do hope more are able to get rubies and sapphire inserts to sell no matter what countries makes it as long as it is sapphire and ruby.

biohacker

Even if AT inserts had more Karats than China, would it still warrant the $300-500 premium for the AT inserts? I dont think so.

I don't either, but @sapphiredabs went on to say it's not the actual weight that matters, but rather the purity of the gemstone?

Maybe this will force AT to have an even cheaper line of inserts to compete or bring his prices down.

The Drop-in inserts? :brow:

So I do hope more are able to get rubies and sapphire inserts to sell no matter what countries makes it as long as it is sapphire and ruby.

Agreed! It's all about "sapphiredabs".... not "adaptTechdabs"! :D

Regardless, just a couple of reminders...

The claims are about heat RETENTION, which are a NON issue for enail/coil users (99% of this forum?)...

AND.... what about the quartz banger holding the gemstone? Isn't that kinda important?

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I don't either, but @sapphiredabs went on to say it's not the actual weight that matters, but rather the purity of the gemstone?

The Drop-in inserts? :brow:

Agreed! It's all about "sapphiredabs".... not "adaptTechdabs"! :D

Regardless, just a couple of reminders...

The claims are about heat RETENTION, which are a NON issue for enail/coil users (99% of this forum?)...

AND.... what about the quartz banger holding the gemstone? Isn't that kinda important?

AT's MFR in Russia has said to me their lab grown sapphire is 99.99% purity. Never spoke to a China about inserts. I do want to buy another ruby insert just to have and i figured ill try a China one this time but dont find them in stock.

I guess you can use the drop ins as a normal insert and not take globs. These never interested me but are they similar to the China ones? Or they have thinner walls and floors? $150 isnt bad for sapphire.

I believe in the heat retention claims being nearly twice as quartz. I heat the bangers with a coil but dont leave it on when i vape. As for the quartz banger, as long as its quartz, the right size will do it just fine. But all my larger sapphire inserts for 30mm bangers have cracks. None of my 25mm sapphire or ruby inserts have a crack. If your using a coil, then i dont think thickness of the banger would matter. The quartz banger will cool down much, much faster than the sapphire insert inside. Even torching, i dont think it matters much. I notice that depth also doesn't really matter as I use an ESB Long Jawn with my inserts as well as a short Quave flat top banger which are very short buckets and get great dabs.. My go to are still the Toro grail.

OyVape

My rig got knocked over and water flooded the ruby insert so it cracked. But I can't feel the Crack so maybe it doesn't go all the way through?

It seems to still work fine but is it still safe to use?

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I ordered an AlN for my Peak - They were having a 20% off sale and I couldn't resist.

Not sure if this is the right thread but wanted to post here anyways to continue things from before.

In addition to being able to give some input on AlN soon... I got one of the china inserts that should be the same as my EQ one for the Peak. It's obvious from weight, and feel alone it's a much lesser quality. I will post pics in the Peak thread once someone else breathes some life into things over there.

Again I don't endorse the dumb prices but I really do think spending the money is worthwhile (at least in my case - I know fuckall about corundum)

I do hope someone pops up with some clean looking, and affordable ruby/sapphire etc inserts though.

muunch,
Reactions: pghjd

OyVape

OK, I guess nobody saw my mention of ruby inserts for $55 at dablab.com.

Anyone know anything about these?

OyVape,

biohacker

OK, I guess nobody saw my mention of ruby inserts for $55 at dablab.com.

Anyone know anything about these?

I don't know anything about them, but i'd much rather support Greek Glass or 710Coils for a bit more coin.

What I don't get is this:

New ways to dab: Heat the insert only and drop it in with tweezers to dab, keeping your nail virtually brand new. Or heat your nail head, then drop the insert in with oil already in it!

WTF?

biohacker,
Reactions: 710Coils

weenstoned

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Yeah @muunch In addition to the ones @biohacker posted I would definitely put 710gems in the category of “clean-looking, affordable ruby/sapphire inserts” since you can pick either one at just $150 for a very clean, faceted 19mm insert imo. I mean, not exactly cheap but it’s not a fat-ass car payment either.

I’m just saying if you’re this deep in the game and interested in the absolute best performance and experience, $150 is affordable (or attainable with budgeting). If everything else in your setup is superfly dope then 150 is not gonna make you blink. In my future mind, the big play is to scoop a 19mm ruby from @710Coils along with all the other essentials & backups and then swing by 710gems to pick up a sapphire one. Unless my future changes.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
They have! Greek Glass and 710Coils.

Nice! I guess I hadn't really thought about 710coils selling em... I already know if he's stocking them they are likely quality - don't know why it skipped my mind.

Also has someone vetted GreekGlass ruby? I wonder if his are just sourced from Biao?

Last edited:

pghjd

Nice! I guess I hadn't really thought about 710coils selling em... I already know if he's stocking them they are likely quality - don't know why it skipped my mind.

Also has someone vetted GreekGlass ruby? I wonder if his are just sourced from Biao?
Biao doesn't make any of greeks bangers or his gemstones, he's stated it a few times and shown screenshots of him talking to his gemstone vendor. Biao is a damn good glassblower but quartz and gems are a completely different medium from glass. No glassblower that I know of also makes the gemstone inserts themselves, they all import it from someone else. Also, greek and 710gems use the same vendor according to greek. He got samples of the faceted inserts to prove it. and they were on point.

Top Bottom