• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Sapphire and Ruby inserts for bangers

sapphiredabs

Look what I dug up! So, my china ruby from Greek is even heavier than AT's! For a fraction of the cost!

Lol no it's not. Those 33 karat inserts were his v1's. His v3's weigh much more now. About 50-53karats for 19mm.

And even then, I said above that the karats are most likely not the issue. Cause again my dropin shreds just as well as my blue my 19mm shreds just as well as my 22mm XL. 30-40 karat difference. China ruby had 20 karat difference and performed weaker than my dropin.

I've stated everything I need to say, no need to keep repeating myself. Hope y'all have a glorious day. Dab it up!

sapphiredabs,

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
Again I cant convince you and I'm not gonna sit here and try I got errands to run. Maybe later. Cheers

The only thing that will convince many members on this forum is scientifically reproducible data (or at least an attempt at such). You'll find it's quite a bit different than IG or reddit in that regard. Until then, this whole "debate" is just farting in the wind.

sapphiredabs

The only thing that will convince many members on this forum is scientifically reproducible data (or at least an attempt at such). You'll find it's quite a bit different than IG or reddit in that regard. Until then, this whole "debate" is just farting in the wind.

I just wanted to reply * say it is a fart in the wind, but by that logic, how can you guarentee that your "china inserts" are really 99.9% ruby corondum? I don't see any paperwork or scientific data.

sapphiredabs,
Reactions: LesPlenty

biohacker

Lol no it's not. Those 33 karat inserts were his v1's. His v3's weigh much more now. About 50-53karats.

Ok, so AT's v1's were GARBAGE? :rofl:

And even then, I said above that the karats are most likely not the issue.

But on your IG you say that you're almost positive that it's because the ct?

how can you guarentee that your "china inserts" are really 99.9% ruby corondum?

Because on your IG you say that the china ruby is definitely Ruby, and actually great value?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Actually D-nail is the one who conceived sapphire as a vaporization surface. So pay homage to the real innovators if that's the case.

If by innovation you mean asking their supplier "can you make me a green one" then alright. I admit they have some badass aesthetics, but until you can actually demonstrate physical differences in structural composition like you claim, you're just spit-balling. Are you actually going to pay for a material analysis when you get all these inserts to compare? It's kinda hard to not imagine you as having a vested interest at Adapt Tech simply based on this "vengeance" to slay "inferior" lab cultured gems.

But let's keep it real.
Adapt Tech is just another importer with an "exclusive distribution" - they don't actually produce anything. Not sure they actually design anything either outside of the glass blower dude who makes those $100 matching carb caps in Molten Aura "Ruby."

sapphiredabs

Actually D-nail is the one who conceived sapphire as a vaporization surface. So pay homage to the real innovators if that's the case.

If by innovation you mean asking their supplier "can you make me a green one" then alright. I admit they have some badass aesthetics, but until you can actually demonstrate physical differences in structural composition like you claim, you're just spit-balling. Are you actually going to pay for a material analysis when you get all these inserts to compare? It's kinda hard to not imagine you as having a vested interest at Adapt Tech simply based on this "vengeance" to slay "inferior" lab cultured gems.

But let's keep it real.
Adapt Tech is just another importer with an "exclusive distribution" - they don't actually produce anything. Not sure they actually design anything either outside of the glass blower dude who makes those $100 matching carb caps in Molten Aura "Ruby."

Dnail only made em for there specific enail I believe. Didnt work well with banger and torch. Adapt_tech actually innovated cca710 liger sapphire and made them into banger inserts.
No they design rigs & caps. Pretty nice rigs I'd say. And yes your right they dont produce any inserts. The real credit goes to Ivan (@sapphire_ruby_maker) . My friends & I bought china inserts and they were all terrible compared to the real thing. I plan on buying inserts from every single company so I can shut this debate down. Until then you'll just have to wait until I get the funds to buy them all.

Ok, so AT's v1's were GARBAGE? :rofl:

But on your IG you say that you're almost positive that it's because the ct?

Because on your IG you say that the china ruby is definitely Ruby, and actually great value?

Its def ruby in the sense that it goes through thermochromism, But that doesnt confirm that its 99.9% ruby corondum, if it was the retention would be the same. after analyzing the karat difference recently, I just dont think that its the karats alone. Cause again AT inserts have differences in karats and they all rip about the same. But the China one I had, had only 10-20 karats less and was terrible. It did go through thermochromism tho. I need to update that highlight when I get another insert in

And no the V1 inserts were great when they first came out. China eventually got to that size, but adapt_tech has increased there size/karat since then.

Last edited by a moderator:
sapphiredabs,

biohacker

But the China one I had, had only 10-20 karats less and was terrible.

"The heat retention is good". "for the price it's pretty decent".

Those were your exact words.

Regardless, not everybody dabs .2's like you. . My dabs are less than a 1/4 of the size as yours.

You aren't on a crusade about gemstones. You're on an AT crusade. Your first post was just a way to get to try to prevent the obvious. We can see right through it.

Why even bother when 99% here use coils?

Until then you'll just have to wait until I get the funds to buy them all.

Really? After taking out a mortgage for all those fancy AT's? :lol:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Dnail only made em for there specific enail I believe. Didnt work well with banger and torch. Adapt_tech actually innovated cca710 liger sapphire and made them into banger inserts.
No they design rigs & caps. Pretty nice rigs I'd say. And yes your right they dont produce any inserts. The real credit goes to Ivan (@sapphire_ruby_maker) . My friends & I bought china inserts and they were all terrible compared to the real thing. I plan on buying inserts from every single company so I can shut this debate down. Until then you'll just have to wait until I get the funds to buy them all.

Members here were using CCA inserts in bangers long before Adapt Tech was ever conceived. People have been dabbing off sapphire on this forum since like 2015.

sapphiredabs

"The heat retention is good". "for the price it's pretty decent".

Those were your exact words.

Regardless, not everybody dabs .2's like you. . My dabs are less than a 1/4 of the size as yours.

You aren't on a crusade about gemstones. You're on an AT crusade. Your first post was just a way to get to try to prevent the obvious. We can see right through it.

Why even bother when 99% here use coils?

Yes those are my exact words. It's *decent* for 80$. But comparing its function to the real thing, its terrible.

I didn't know y'all use coils. what truly matters to me is the heat retention when doing torch-dabs.

I don't take .2's. I do fairly small dabs. Especially when I was comparing the inserts. I only do big dabs when im posting onto my IG feed.

I wasnt trying to prevent anything. My intention was to come on here and show the difference.

Members here were using CCA inserts in bangers long before Adapt Tech was ever conceived. People have been dabbing off sapphire on this forum since like 2015.

I know that. What i'm saying is @adapt_tech innovated that idea and made them for specific-size quartz bangers (25 & 30mm). CCa710 & d-nail were specific to there enails. I'm sure you know that tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
sapphiredabs,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
In response to Id say the last 3 pages of posts or so.....some heavy OPINIONS tossed about as hard science, repeatedly.

LOL......anecdotal evidence aka "facts" aka "temp gun blah blah..." aka "my buddy blah blah..."
(LOL again) are the best and are never "wrong"

And I skipped a bunch of posts because it got far to silly and the arguments degraded really fast when the whole "Russia is obviously > China" idea came out.....reminded me of the whole "rubies and sapphires are EXACTLY the same thing" nonsense that was around for a minute.

Seems this will be like most everything else we discuss on this board and it'll come down to your own personal usage style with your environment and your materials making a significant difference in your ultimate experiences.

But hey, debate right?

And if it hadn't been confirmed yet, AT was/is in NV

sapphiredabs

Do you think you're doing a good job? I haven't "seen" anything... including on your IG.

Your dropin video is you simply twirling the insert around? Am I missing the usage vid?

my other videos produce FAR more vapor production. It was supposed to show the vapor production difference but I didn't show the temp, same size dab, etc. I'll do all that next time.

sapphiredabs,

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
It is a fart in the wind, but by that logic, how can you guarentee that your "china inserts" are really 99.9% ruby corondum? I don't see any paperwork or scientific data.

I never made that claim, therefore the burden of proof is not on me. We don't even know the exact method used in manufacturing synthetic gemstones from any of these companies, or the tolerance for inclusions. It's, unfortunately, another fairly unregulated industry where marketing hype seems to take precedence over real information.

The true way to test would be to have a gemologist analyze them in a lab but that's prohibitively expensive. So, we have to make due with what we have, and that means recording data points that apply to our particular usage.

biohacker

Yes cause my other videos produce FAR more vapor production. It was supposed to show the vapor production difference but I didn't show the temp, same size dab, etc. I'll do all that next time.

So what you're doing is A LOT of talking without actually demonstrating/illustrating ANYTHING.

I still can't comprehend as a torcher myself why you're having such issues with poor heat retention. It's a NON ISSUE. I have zero waste in the low 400's.... more retention than I can even utilize.

sapphiredabs

So what you're doing is A LOT of talking without actually demonstrating/illustrating ANYTHING.

I still can't comprehend as a torcher myself why you're having such issues with poor heat retention. It's a NON ISSUE. I have zero waste in the low 400's.... more retention than I can even utilize.

I don't have an issue with heat retention. It still vaporized the oil like any other surface. But it didnt produce as much vapor as my real ones. I felt like I was missing a lot of vapor. Your insert probably works better than the greekglass one I got.

I also just got confirmation that it's made in Russia. It's on my story on IG. @sapphiredabs not sure how to post a picture here.

Edit: nevermind not allowed to post on my story, but if you ask @adapt_tech himself he will give you a picture of the paperwork for sure.

Last edited:
sapphiredabs,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I also just got confirmation that it's made in Russia. It's on my story on IG. @sapphiredabs not sure how to post a picture here.

Edit: nevermind not allowed to post on my story, but if you ask @adapt_tech himself he will give you a picture of the paperwork for sure.
So you have a picture/proof and you can't post it anywhere for us to view it?

What about imgbb.com ? Or any of the many, many, many other free image hosting sites?

I can't be bothered to chase after it, as if someone that is so keen on proving his point can't even post the proof they have, just makes me more and more suspicious (not saying its not true, but yet again, your posts without evidence end up having the opposite effect; which is making one believe it less than they did before they read your post)

Maybe stop messing up our thread until you actually have something to add to the debate? (I've requested this before, but I guess you didn't hear me as you keep repeating the same things? Or you think that repeating the same thing will convince all of us?)

Tranquility

Don't "diamond detectors" use thermal conductivity as a test? They're not that expensive. If you could find one that gives a reading rather than a pass/fail, you might get some useful data.

Tranquility,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I know that. What i'm saying is @adapt_tech innovated that idea and made them for specific-size quartz bangers (25 & 30mm). CCa710 & d-nail were specific to there enails. I'm sure you know that tho.

Bro the CCA inserts already fit in quartz bangers, that's how people who got bored of Ti were hitting them.

All Adapt Tech and Fade Space did was market existing products for banger usage.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Three pages of nonsense about this shit.

To me, Its all the dam same. Lab grown sapphire. They all crack doing the same dam thing.

Adapt tech is made by a company in Russia. I know the company and the main contact as i have dealt with them in the past. They know what they are doing but its no different than a manufacturer in China in terms of facilities and equipment. The main difference is that Ivan gives a shit about his products and wants to make it better. Plus, he is only a gem supplier for industrial and commercial uses. As for China, they just mass produce to make it. If something is wrong, they will sell the bad batch and correct the issue on the following batch. Ivan will not. He will pull and scape the bad productions. With China, you have to tell your contact who will need to call another contact to get to that contact to reach a guy that makes it who will need to then speak to production. fucking stupid how it works in China. You will never buy from the factory direct. It will always be sold through a trading company thats even owned by the factory. Its dam impossible to find the actual factory online without going to China. I represent a Chinese manufacturer in the semiconductor industry here in USA and deal with China factores daily.

Also, dont believe Casey's marketing as its just BS shit people tell him on IG and shit he and his partner comes up with when stoned probably. Theres no proven facts from him that i know of in the past 6 months that is spoken from test results. His inserts crack just like everyone else.

But his inserts do look the best tho!

As for Price, Lets just say Adapt tech pays Ivan the same price we buy China inserts. But he has to buy 30 - 50 MOQ in different sizes to get that pricing. Least that how it was when this all started. Could have changed in over a year but i doubt pricing would fall much.

Ultimately, Sapphire and ruby is awesome no matter who makes and where its made. If you can get your hands on one, go ahead and buy it, you wont be disappointed. Even if it cracks, you can use if for a long ass time!

Enjoy!

BTW, you cant tell the difference between hitting a china insert compare to russia inserts. or even a polished ruby to a polished sapphire.

Last edited:

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
"Heat from the ruby transfers slightly different than the sapphire allowing for improved vaporization"

More Adapt Tech bullshit? :lol:

LOL... OK. Casey has told me he believes ruby taste better with the red corundum compared to sapphire. He is not saying that to charge more as he pays more for ruby than sapphire. Even for polished compared to semi-polished, mainly due to more time on the machine. Also, polishing leads to higher defects too. I like the ruby only because i like the color RED. Like when i use a ruby insert, i have a sapphire sphere. When i use a sapphire insert, i use a ruby sphere. I just like the contrast. Neither the above would increase vaporization or taste. Just make it much easier to clean for polished and ruby. Well not easier to clean for ruby but less noticeable. For them, Ruby cost more and sells for more which equals higher sales amounts.

I would rather have two sapphires than one ruby.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I plan on buying inserts from every single company
Maybe you will have some spare cheap ones for sale when finished?

Yes those are my exact words. It's *decent* for 80$
So must be great for $45

With China, you have to tell your contact who will need to call another contact to get to that contact to reach a guy that makes it who will need to then speak to production. fucking stupid how it works in China.
Not my experience, I worked with Yinmin5 to make a Rattle Can bong and they would make a version and show me revised versions only hours after talking with them, not all vendors are equal, China, Russia or US does not matter, it is the company itself, any company can be good or bad.:2c:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Maybe you will have some spare cheap ones for sale when finished?
I'm sure it's probably obvious, but @sapphiredabs is in a FC timeout and won't be able to reply for at least a week. When (if) he returns, it would be inappropriate to solicit items from him outside of PMs or the classified section. I do realize that you were most probably being facetious but wanted to clarify that just in case. ;)

:peace:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Dang you guys shut homie down real quick. Kinda hilarious but I almost feel bad.

I feel like not a lot of emphasis is placed on China vs American (or elsewhere) made on the forum? (SiC, quartz, for example)

It's hard to convince people of something. I don't really have a horse in this race as I've never even used gemstone inserts, but with my Peak insert for example... I'm happy to have paid the cash for an american made, nicely QC'd insert, rather than a China one which could be aesthetically identical...

Even if one were to post thermocouple videos/testimonials, people will just use what they want, or still defend the other thing. I think this is true for a lot of things. Maybe I'm just really high but man... No one here was too willing to give an AT insert a try, but dude at least SAID he'd try what y'all were using so he could compare? ... Would it have really made a difference?

Just like with my Peak - gets to same temps as floor temp of my enail would (measured w thermocouple) using same insert material as my enail setup... but some would argue the few mm of surface area greatly reduces the fx making "regular dabz" way better?

Like I said, maybe I'm just high but dang.

What I'm really curious about is how this Fadespace AlN insert compares to sapphire/ruby dabs...

Top Bottom