Santa Cruz Shredder 3/4 piece

EastBaked

Hi all,

Long time lurker, found tons of helpful resources on this forum, so I figured I'd ask around for this :

I'm looking to upgrade my grinder game, as I switched to vaping and while I still enjoy combusting, it seems silly to use fancy devices (cloud evo and crafty) with low level grinder (the Storz&Bickel I currently use is prob the best I have compared to my 20$ Amazon one).

Anywayyyys, I'm looking to get a Santa Cruz shredder, but had a few questions :

- Is the grinding consistency and kief screen size the same across the different sizes (looking mainly at a large or maybe medium)
- Is it possible to skip the screen level on a 4 piece grinder and re-assemble it as a 3 piece only ? My cheap Amazon one does, but not sure if the threading is the same on the SCS.

Any help would be super appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

*water bubbling in the background*

Monsoon

I own one and have liked it but had a buddy who ran into an issue with his (cleaned it with ISO and the colour came off) and then got really shitty customer service from them. They seemed to only be concerned with getting him to remove his social media posts on the issue but at the same time balked at replacing it it in full. He finally gave up and then one showed up in the mail a month later out of nowhere.

It's a grinder, you probably won't have an issue, but something to keep in mind.

EastBaked

Hey Monsoon,

Thanks for your answer,

Looked at it a bit, and it seems that your buddy was unlucky with the batch he got (or ended up with a fake copy ?) as apparently other people are cleaning it in ISO without experiencing this type of issue.

Definitely disappointing to see that kind of customer service, with the "please remove the post while we offer a random holiday discount" and all, but hopefully I won't have to go through this, and unfortunately from what I've seen and experienced so far, no grinder company had any kind of "great" customer service.

Any help on my original questions (grind consistency and kief screen size difference between the medium and large/ ability to remove the screen level to turn a 4 piece into a 3) ?

EastBaked,

Barry Garcia

Screen should be the same across the sizes. It is removable, but will probably deform eventually if you pop it in and out all the time. If you just want to take it out and leave it out, then it will work as a 3 piece.

I would assume the grind is the same across the sizes, these guys running high end machine shops run insanely high tolerances and they’re all designed in software for accuracy.

I’ve soaked mine in iso for long periods tons of times and the anodizing is still perfect. Mines black. I like it. I recommend it.

Barry Garcia,

EastBaked

Thanks.

About the screen "removal", I wasn't talking about actually removing the screen, but skipping that level, as in screwing directly the bottom teeth plate in the kief catcher compartment, so that you skip the screen level.

Also, does anyone know how frequently SC resupplies their website in terms of color/finish choices ? Lots of the matte option are sold out, can't find them elsewhere, and would be great not to have to wait months for a color option.

EastBaked,
Top Bottom