Salve for Pain/Inflammation

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
My sister-in-law would like me to try and make a salve for the pain and inflammation that is going on in her knee. I'm going to look up some recipes, but am curious to know if anyone here has made one and if it worked. I am considering adding DMSO to help the absorption into the knee and surrounding muscles.

C No Ego

My sister-in-law would like me to try and make a salve for the pain and inflammation that is going on in her knee. I'm going to look up some recipes, but am curious to know if anyone here has made one and if it worked. I am considering adding DMSO to help the absorption into the knee and surrounding muscles.

DMSO and also use extra D-limonene added in @ 10% per volume... you can use orange oil , Lemon oil ETC a the d-limonene.
also look into the properties of beta caryophyllene ( peppercorns / cloves)

Sparkpug

I make salves frequently for my joints and they do work. One thing I've been doing is to debarb half and leave the other half untouched to get a broader range of cannabinoids. With a small amount of high quality material you can make a good amount of it too.

Also, you'll want something like beeswax as a base otherwise it can get runny. You can pretty much use whatever you want as far as other additions go. I've never added DMSO but my base salves work really well. Mine also tend to smell like curry...

Kakq

I planned to make a super salve with cannabis-infused olive oil, beeswax and pine resin. Pine resin has been used for centuries to heal wounds, eczema and different skin injuries and it has been proven to fasten the healing process. I'm looking forward to see, whether cannabis could increase the effectiveness of the pine resin salve.

C No Ego

I planned to make a super salve with cannabis-infused olive oil, beeswax and pine resin. Pine resin has been used for centuries to heal wounds, eczema and different skin injuries and it has been proven to fasten the healing process. I'm looking forward to see, whether cannabis could increase the effectiveness of the pine resin salve.

that terpene is Pinene, in the pine oil... Turpine is derived from that one

BestBuds

The Dude
You may want to add some Arnica Montana into it as well. Make sure you know what you're doing because in super large amounts it is toxic but as a homeopathic remedy it is some of the best stuff I have tried. You would need to be foolish to over do the arnica

nickdanger

@Sparkpug
I make salves frequently for my joints and they do work. One thing I've been doing is to debarb half and leave the other half untouched to get a broader range of cannabinoids. With a small amount of high quality material you can make a good amount of it too.

I already have decarbed flower extracted into coconut oil. So for the other half, would I just extract untouched/raw flower the same way in the crock pot that I made the regular and then mix together?

@BestBuds How would I add the Arnica Montana? I have the tiny homeopathic pellets that I usually mix with distilled water. How much would you recommend I use with a salve that has 1 cup of oil plus beeswax?

nickdanger,
Reactions: BestBuds

Sparkpug

I already have decarbed flower extracted into coconut oil. So for the other half, would I just extract untouched/raw flower the same way in the crock pot that I made the regular and then mix together?

Been feeling like poo for the past week. More or less. The point about using raw flower was I've read about certain chemicals in the raw plant that are better for topical use that dissipate in the heat of decarb. My grandpa's caretaker suggested putting in castor oil -she makes a salve for his feet to reduce his swelling.

Sparkpug

Be aware that castor oil can give you diarrhea. Especially if you put it on your abdomen.

Oh, didn't know that. I know that's a side effect of eating/drinking it but I didn't realize it could another way.

Sparkpug,

BestBuds

The Dude
Oh, didn't know that. I know that's a side effect of eating/drinking it but I didn't realize it could another way.
My mother in law was using it to soften her skin. She had diarrhea for a year. No docs could figure it out. Turns out she was applying it directly to her stomach area. Once I told her that, she asked the doc. He confirmed and she stopped using it. She's all good now. Seems like a sh!tty way to figure that out. :brow:

nickdanger

@BestBuds I do remember hearing some time ago that castor oil is a remedy for constipation. I may have to try a really small batch of the raw flower in castor oil to be applied to my sister-in-law's knee. Hopefully a knee application won't cause diarrhea.

nickdanger,
Reactions: BestBuds

BestBuds

The Dude
@BestBuds I do remember hearing some time ago that castor oil is a remedy for constipation. I may have to try a really small batch of the raw flower in castor oil to be applied to my sister-in-law's knee. Hopefully a knee application won't cause diarrhea.
If she sharts her knickers when she sneezes you know what to do! :lol::tup:

Seriously though, I am sure a moderate knee application won't do anything to her digestion.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I'm a chronic pain, psoriatic arthritis patient for the last 14 years. I have beta tested more salves than I can count for many companies. What I have found over the last 5 years is that pure CBD products do not work for me. I recently found a full spectrum salve, based on Pheonix Tears, that actually works very well. Do not underestimate the power of full spectrum cannabinoids.

Sparkpug

I'm a chronic pain, psoriatic arthritis patient for the last 14 years. I have beta tested more salves than I can count for many companies. What I have found over the last 5 years is that pure CBD products do not work for me. I recently found a full spectrum salve, based on Pheonix Tears, that actually works very well. Do not underestimate the power of full spectrum cannabinoids.

I find that true as well. I get no relief from pure CBD salves. That's a reason I like to mix tons of varieties with some decarbed and some not -to get a more complete profile of all the various chemicals inside the plants.

The one that made me a believer was given to me by my mom's friend. He had infused his own home grown Pineapple Express into a coconut and olive oil base. It was for cooking, but it was soo strong I couldn't handle it. I turned it into a salve cause the CBD one I had picked up wasn't doing jack, and then I have never looked back when it comes to making my own.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I find that true as well. I get no relief from pure CBD salves. That's a reason I like to mix tons of varieties with some decarbed and some not -to get a more complete profile of all the various chemicals inside the plants.

The one that made me a believer was given to me by my mom's friend. He had infused his own home grown Pineapple Express into a coconut and olive oil base. It was for cooking, but it was soo strong I couldn't handle it. I turned it into a salve cause the CBD one I had picked up wasn't doing jack, and then I have never looked back when it comes to making my own.
@t-dub my hero!
I have ATAXIA and CBD by itself doesn’t work for what I have!
THC help’s me the most!

SATIVA’S during the day
INDICA at night & before bedtime!
HYBRID’S whenever!

CBD Roll’s after training
My wife is a workout queen & makes me move!

Top Bottom