Saionara Atomizer thread

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I've been playing with my EZ Sai for more than a week now. Great fun. But awfully harsh for my 70+ year old ex-smokers lungs. I got the water pipe attachment and the base and hooked it up to my small SP Globe bubbler, but its awkward and unsteady. So I got an HVT Poseidon bubbler as shown in the comment just above. Wow does this make it into a wondrous little machine. Put some shatter and some wax through it last night without one cough. Happy camper here!

As noted above, this is my first time using concentrates(other than hash). But now that concentrates are available at the nearest adult legal dispensary, I'm all in. I'm just amazed that I get two or three great hits out of a piece of shatter maybe a quarter the size of a grain of rice.

My poor Crafty, Fury 2 and VapCap collection are feeling neglected!

Last edited:

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
I have the bucket installed with Arctic Fox. I take screen shot. Let me know if i should any settings. Yes, the bucket or device gets hot after 40 seconds.

click to see photo
https://i.imgur.com/HIitwUB.png

Last edited:
wm762,

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
hey everyone ! my new Sai Taf is sitting at the post office .
so i will set mod in Ni , tcr 300 , watts 30-35 , temp 380-440 ... and see from there ?

question i have a dna 75 , must get on computer to change tcr ... is it 300 or 0.300 i am suppose to put.. i suppose people would write 0.300 if the case and not 300 but just making sure ..

maybe i mix tcr and ohm .. oh yeah , i read to set and lock ohm’s to .69 -.71 . sound aiight ?

i will mostly be vaping honey and cherry oil but do have some shatter and budder to try it with too .

stay safe and vape on!

Olde7

Electronic Vaporist
hey everyone ! my new Sai Taf is sitting at the post office .
so i will set mod in Ni , tcr 300 , watts 30-35 , temp 380-440 ... and see from there ?

question i have a dna 75 , must get on computer to change tcr ... is it 300 or 0.300 i am suppose to put.. i suppose people would write 0.300 if the case and not 300 but just making sure ..

maybe i mix tcr and ohm .. oh yeah , i read to set and lock ohm’s to .69 -.71 . sound aiight ?

i will mostly be vaping honey and cherry oil but do have some shatter and budder to try it with too .

stay safe and vape on!

DNA format for tcr300 is 0.003. Resistance should be set by having the mod read the resistance of the bucket you have. This could be from 0.400 to 0.750 ohm, depending mostly on which style heater you have. Do not set resistance by manually entering some number you've seen posted - what you want is the actual cold resistance of YOUR coil, not someone else's.

Hope this helps!

tokenknifeguy

Got a SAI coming in, just ordered it today, as it is my first extract vape. I got several different coils to go with it, the ceramic donut, quartz stainless coil, quartz double titanium coil, and the black ceramic stainless coil, and it comes with the titanium donut (i believe). Can I just use wattage mode and get good results?

Also I have the tetra firmware on one mod, could I just use it with higher temps (guess anyone done this)?

tokenknifeguy,

tokenknifeguy

I've been looking up more info since my post and I have yet to run across anything like that link. Thanks a lot!

tokenknifeguy,

thatpuffguy

Hi! I'm new to all this and slowly getting my knowledge together. I just purchased a Sai with a Ti bucket coil and a ceramic donut coil. From reading, it sounds like Ti has its own mode in Arctic Fox, whereas the ceramic donut does not. Do you think I'll be better off sticking to the Ti bucket coil?

Thanks for your help!!

thatpuffguy,

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Hi! I'm new to all this and slowly getting my knowledge together. I just purchased a Sai with a Ti bucket coil and a ceramic donut coil. From reading, it sounds like Ti has its own mode in Arctic Fox, whereas the ceramic donut does not. Do you think I'll be better off sticking to the Ti bucket coil?

Thanks for your help!!
You can vape that donut under the Ti bucket also but don't.
The buckets are awesome compared to bare donut.
Setting are the same, just hotter for the bucket

tennisguru1,
Reactions: zor

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Nice! Thanks for the tip. I see there's a quartz bucket. Any experience with that? Sounds ideal.

Don't like the Quartz, not worth the extra heat up time & I hate the different flat heater
under the Quartz cup, when I used Quartz Cup I used the donut heater from Ti & switched.
Those heaters that come with it broke on me 3 out of 5 in a week!!! Cracked bad design thin
If you want good quartz go for Matt's DTV4 Much better ....
You will like the Sai TAF Ti bucket.

tennisguru1,
Reactions: 510MOD

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Those heaters that come with it broke on me 3 out of 5 in a week!!! Cracked bad design thin

It's true, the flat heaters without the lil donut hole are terrible.
I also would use the donutted heater with my quartz cup.
I have stayed with the Ti cup on the Sai because the quartz cup is small, and the oil creeps up the sides, in an action known to physics folks.
I, however, have forgotten the name of that action.
I do use the quartz cup on the Divine Tribe v4, because it's wider, and I have less issues with it.

I found that even the Ti cups come with the flat heaters now, so one is recommended to buy the replacement heaters built for buckets, and use those.

In other Sai-related news, my top O-ring finally gave way, it stretched out and would get pinched by the top piece.
No worries, I ordered the 12-pack for sale on HVT's (Humboldt Vape Tech) site, and got them in a jiffy.
This was after using the Sai for over a year, and heavily.

Thumbs up for the Sai, my main driver for concentrates these days.

hash-c.png

I actually use the Divine Tribe Hydratube on the Sai TAF, with a grommet to make the seal.

Last edited:

thatpuffguy

Don't like the Quartz, not worth the extra heat up time & I hate the different flat heater
under the Quartz cup, when I used Quartz Cup I used the donut heater from Ti & switched.
If you want good quartz go for Matt's DTV4 Much better ....
You will like the Sai TAF Ti bucket.
Great! So my PICO 75W came in today with TAF Atomizer and Ti bucket - it feels like Christmas!

Would like to post a screenshot of my settings, but not sure how to do so on this forum.. looks like one can only post images with a URL?

Thanks so much for your help!!!

thatpuffguy,

thatpuffguy

Great! So my PICO 75W came in today with TAF Atomizer and Ti bucket - it feels like Christmas!

Would like to post a screenshot of my settings, but not sure how to do so on this forum.. looks like one can only post images with a URL?

Thanks so much for your help!!!

I think I'm learning! So essentially, my understanding is you would want to re-lock resistance before each bowl, because resetting the atomizer resets the resistance, and the atomizer needs to 'read' the resistance prior to inhalation. Does this sound right?

thatpuffguy,

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
I think I'm learning! So essentially, my understanding is you would want to re-lock resistance before each bowl, because resetting the atomizer resets the resistance, and the atomizer needs to 'read' the resistance prior to inhalation. Does this sound right?

No.
Never relock your resistance at anything but a room temp atty.
I do mine at a room temp mod also.
That is your baseline to not overshoot temp in TC. modes

thatpuffguy

No.
Never relock your resistance at anything but a room temp atty.
I do mine at a room temp mod also.
That is your baseline to not overshoot temp in TC. modes

Great! Fixed that problem. Running a fair 450 Fahrenheit at 40W. I also found how to have the temp on the display. So my technique is that I wait for it to get up to temp, take a 5-7 second draw, and exhale. Does this seem right?

thatpuffguy,

thatpuffguy

Great! Fixed that problem. Running a fair 450 Fahrenheit at 40W. I also found how to have the temp on the display. So my technique is that I wait for it to get up to temp, take a 5-7 second draw, and exhale. Does this seem right?

Two questions: Is 450 F a good temp?

I have the Ti bucket but it looks like the coil is ceramic. Not sure if I should set the mode for the coil for the bucket itself.

thatpuffguy,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Hey Sai TAF fans,

I just got a new bottomless banger from Divine Tribe.... it doesn't fit my V4 but fits the Sai TAF perfectly.

Paired it up with an RX2 20700 mod and my Toro mini dab rig and VOILA ! Perfect match.
The two bottom edges (the mod and the dab rig) meet exactly flush with the table it sits on, with no stress on the dab rig joint !

I highly recommend this V4 Bottomless Banger. Makes the Sai perform like a dab rig, only with cooler hits.
MUCH vapor. You thought it was economical before, well, check THIS out.

Anyway, much love for the SAI TAF.

BB-SAI-RX2-TORO-resize.png

Loving this. Carb cap not shown, it's a necessity.
Here's a pic of it with the carb cap:

BB-TORO-SAI-RX2_20700.png

So yeah
GET ONE.
More images will be in my upcoming review.
img.gif

Living the SAI life !

Tuck

My Shenzhen Crossing Core just showed up from puffitup.. It came fully charged. I'm using the Quartz Bucket on White. I started off on some Pooty Tang Live Resin (from MUV). Then I tried some StarDawg crumble from Trulieve. And I just tried some Blue Dream rosin that I squeezed myself. So goddamn tasty. Needless to say I'm floating in the clouds. I guess I'll try that titanium bucket next but not right now.

Happy Dab Day Everbody!

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
I like the core it is a very durable unit.
Same atomizer and coils as the sequoia/sai plus.
Super easy to maintain but could use some different glass is my only complaint.

shredder

My Shenzhen Crossing Core just showed up from puffitup.. It came fully charged. I'm using the Quartz Bucket on White. I started off on some Pooty Tang Live Resin (from MUV). Then I tried some StarDawg crumble from Trulieve. And I just tried some Blue Dream rosin that I squeezed myself. So goddamn tasty. Needless to say I'm floating in the clouds. I guess I'll try that titanium bucket next but not right now.

Happy Dab Day Everbody!

Is your gear staying in the quartz bucket? Or does it climb the walls of the bucket? I had that happen in my sia.

Top Bottom