1. If the Herbalizer was a fortune cookie what would it say? Tell us and win it!
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

sagan about weed

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by djonkoman, Jan 8, 2013.

1. djonkoman

djonkoman Well-Known Member

just encountered this article, interesting read. plenty of it I don't recognise(mostly the flashes and seeing images, I guess he was an imagethinker, although sometimes if I was high and almost asleep I did get very lively imaginations, in image)
    but what I do certaibnly recognise is those 2 kinds of absurdism he describes

also some stuff I do recognise, but in a far less degree. for example understanding arts, before weed I was puely logical and saw no sense at all in arts, since weed I can understand art a little more, as in the sense that I can understand that some people may like it, but I still can't really apreciate art myself(with a few exceptions, like those impossible buildings by escher, or paintings of very lifelike landscapes, also I really liked the statue of apollo and daphne in rome)
    also I still can't understand that there are people who can apreciate the more 'extreme' art(like a street they painted blue for a few months in a place in my province, or some giant broken eggs painted+glued(yolk was 3d) on a square in the nearby city.
    the kind of art I would apreciate(but I never heard of anything like it existing) would be something designed to change by nature over time, a kind of landscape or park where instead of designing it to stay how it was when it started, it is designed to use the natural changes to create a new view every time, and doesn't have to look that wel yet in the beginning as it's purpose would be to change, and by degrading it would be upgrading.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/25805478/Marijuana-Reconsidered-Carl-Sagan
    Crohnie likes this.
  2. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

“Observation: I can't see a thing. Conclusion: Dinosaurs.”

Carl Sagan, Cosmos

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors