sagan about weed

djonkoman

just encountered this article, interesting read. plenty of it I don't recognise(mostly the flashes and seeing images, I guess he was an imagethinker, although sometimes if I was high and almost asleep I did get very lively imaginations, in image)
but what I do certaibnly recognise is those 2 kinds of absurdism he describes

also some stuff I do recognise, but in a far less degree. for example understanding arts, before weed I was puely logical and saw no sense at all in arts, since weed I can understand art a little more, as in the sense that I can understand that some people may like it, but I still can't really apreciate art myself(with a few exceptions, like those impossible buildings by escher, or paintings of very lifelike landscapes, also I really liked the statue of apollo and daphne in rome)
also I still can't understand that there are people who can apreciate the more 'extreme' art(like a street they painted blue for a few months in a place in my province, or some giant broken eggs painted+glued(yolk was 3d) on a square in the nearby city.
the kind of art I would apreciate(but I never heard of anything like it existing) would be something designed to change by nature over time, a kind of landscape or park where instead of designing it to stay how it was when it started, it is designed to use the natural changes to create a new view every time, and doesn't have to look that wel yet in the beginning as it's purpose would be to change, and by degrading it would be upgrading.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/25805478/Marijuana-Reconsidered-Carl-Sagan

djonkoman,
Reactions: Crohnie
Top Bottom