1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Safety of vape components

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by greezygekco, Jul 3, 2017.

1. greezygekco

greezygekco New Member

So I currently own an Air, Iq, Cloud Evo, and a plenty (which I rarely use now); omni vap is my next investment. My current concern is the safety and risk factor of some of the materials used in those vapes.
    The air has a rubber ring that holds the stem. The IQ has a silicone gasket and ring (bottom of flavor chamber). The Omni/dynavap has silicone o-rings. The cloud evo uses steel baskets. The plenty has some much plastic involved in its air path. I understand that much of these products/companies use high quality materials but with consistent and high usage of these vapes (many sessions a day for hopefully years), do those materials/components pose any potential risks/hazards? Thoughts? These are products that utilize high temps, electricity, and tons of usage. Thanks!!!

2. bounce5

bounce5 Well-Known Member

One good thing about the Vapman is that it has no silicone or glues. And it works well through water without too much draw resistance. I think that the Vapcaps are safe - the silicone rings in the front are high temp and out of the airpath.

I do wonder about many portables and the glues, metal components breaking down over time. And I worry that because it's still not federally legal - vapes aren't regulated either...so they could get away with hurting us, unintentionally or not.

3. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

Check out the Mobius Flowerpot for a clean vaporizer design.

4. kellya86

kellya86 Herb gardener...

I replied to your post in the thread you posted in....
    http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/is-vaping-as-good-as-we-think-hope.20831/page-12

5. jdent3

jdent3 Well-Known Member

Not sure what's wrong with the Evo. Imo the Evo is the purest vape there is. All glass air and vapor path except for the stainless steel bowl. Stainless steel has an extremely high melting point and will not release any gases at the Evos temps. Welders breath in fumes from stainless steel all day in large quantities and don't have any issues until many years later. But welding is also done at high temperatures nowhere near the Evo. I cannot comment on the silicon though as it seems to be proven safe but personally I prefer glass and steel only.

kellya86 likes this.
  6. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

once you ( inhale cannabis) through the vape a few times a new coating/lining emerges from the ( inhaled) vapor so initially the vape would be exposed but after coating with ( inhaled vapor ) the coating would provide a level of protection...Yes! I have inhaled!

kellya86 likes this.
  7. ZC

ZC Well-Known Member

I've always been skeptical about the plastic in Stores N Bickel vapes, personally but I don't have real data to back up my skepticism.

As for the vapcap and others with silicone O-rings, I have no worries about those. They're high-temp O-rings that are inert at much higher temperatures than the 500~ degrees we need while vaping. Same goes for the stainless steel or titanium in their builds.

Evo, like jdent said, is one of the purest airpaths out there. Despite whatever materials are in the vape body, the ONLY materials in the airpath are glass and the Stainless Steel screen. Not much else out there is going to beat that in terms of airpath purity.

Alexis and kellya86 like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors