• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Safety of vape components

So I currently own an Air, Iq, Cloud Evo, and a plenty (which I rarely use now); omni vap is my next investment. My current concern is the safety and risk factor of some of the materials used in those vapes.
The air has a rubber ring that holds the stem. The IQ has a silicone gasket and ring (bottom of flavor chamber). The Omni/dynavap has silicone o-rings. The cloud evo uses steel baskets. The plenty has some much plastic involved in its air path. I understand that much of these products/companies use high quality materials but with consistent and high usage of these vapes (many sessions a day for hopefully years), do those materials/components pose any potential risks/hazards? Thoughts? These are products that utilize high temps, electricity, and tons of usage. Thanks!!!

greezygekco,

bounce5

So I currently own an Air, Iq, Cloud Evo, and a plenty (which I rarely use now); omni vap is my next investment. My current concern is the safety and risk factor of some of the materials used in those vapes.
The air has a rubber ring that holds the stem. The IQ has a silicone gasket and ring (bottom of flavor chamber). The Omni/dynavap has silicone o-rings. The cloud evo uses steel baskets. The plenty has some much plastic involved in its air path. I understand that much of these products/companies use high quality materials but with consistent and high usage of these vapes (many sessions a day for hopefully years), do those materials/components pose any potential risks/hazards? Thoughts? These are products that utilize high temps, electricity, and tons of usage. Thanks!!!

One good thing about the Vapman is that it has no silicone or glues. And it works well through water without too much draw resistance. I think that the Vapcaps are safe - the silicone rings in the front are high temp and out of the airpath.

I do wonder about many portables and the glues, metal components breaking down over time. And I worry that because it's still not federally legal - vapes aren't regulated either...so they could get away with hurting us, unintentionally or not.

bounce5,

kellya86

Herb gardener...

I replied to your post in the thread you posted in....
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/is-vaping-as-good-as-we-think-hope.20831/page-12

kellya86,

jdent3

Not sure what's wrong with the Evo. Imo the Evo is the purest vape there is. All glass air and vapor path except for the stainless steel bowl. Stainless steel has an extremely high melting point and will not release any gases at the Evos temps. Welders breath in fumes from stainless steel all day in large quantities and don't have any issues until many years later. But welding is also done at high temperatures nowhere near the Evo. I cannot comment on the silicon though as it seems to be proven safe but personally I prefer glass and steel only.

C No Ego

once you ( inhale cannabis) through the vape a few times a new coating/lining emerges from the ( inhaled) vapor so initially the vape would be exposed but after coating with ( inhaled vapor ) the coating would provide a level of protection...Yes! I have inhaled!

ZC

I've always been skeptical about the plastic in Stores N Bickel vapes, personally but I don't have real data to back up my skepticism.

As for the vapcap and others with silicone O-rings, I have no worries about those. They're high-temp O-rings that are inert at much higher temperatures than the 500~ degrees we need while vaping. Same goes for the stainless steel or titanium in their builds.

Evo, like jdent said, is one of the purest airpaths out there. Despite whatever materials are in the vape body, the ONLY materials in the airpath are glass and the Stainless Steel screen. Not much else out there is going to beat that in terms of airpath purity.

happyGardener

can we revive this thread? now that its impossible to get your hands on an EVO anymore!

what is today's vaporizer available on the market with the purest airpath? superior is always: only glass all the way (including heater), but potentially we can have some stainless steel (of the right quality) in there as a compromise

happyGardener,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
There are also all the great vapes from TRWW:

Old_muel

Let's not forget the good ol elev8r, quartz heater + quartz-screened bowl, essentially all glass heater & airpath ftw pure as it gets really, & as a consequence its full on flavour town w this one, mmm
Edit: actually can do temp control w this one by adding a pid coil wrapped outside the heater (making it the e-elev8r or E43), still keeping pure all glass path.

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I always feel like I can't guess well at these weird "safest vape" threads. Some folks hate any metal. Some people are opposed to SS or Ti. Some people are afraid of wood. It's a fun puzzle but not a situation I can relate to.

Anyway, if a coil is allowed, basically every injector/diffuser vape is good, right? Unless you don't like rubies in the airpath.

Last edited:

Old_muel

Yeah I'm pretty paranoid myself when it comes to vape materials that are being heated & inhaled through, its very top of my list for considerations/criteria for choosing a new vape really, & there are very few options that don't compromise at least a bit on that front, glass has to be the ultimate current inert material for vapes really that nobody seems to object to & that's why i chose the elev8r. Boggles my mind that so many are so lax about material safety really, like yeah there's toxins in LOT'S of stuff these days, mass produced foods etc, but i hear some folks actually trying to use that as an argument for NOT caring, like "oh you're breathing toxins just walking down the street so why bother caring?". :hmm:Umm hello for anyone with an ounce of self respect that should be reason to try harder to avoid toxins not reason to not care - Ffs it's sad

Farid

If you're that worried about what you put in your body then I'd say you should be more worried about the quality of the weed you're inhaling. Mold, fungi, plastics and other debris in the grow environment, hairs/fibers, etc. Weed is a sticky plant that catches all kinds of shit easily. Even the cleanest of grows aren't immune.

That's a much bigger concern of mine than the safety of stainless steel or titanium.

But I work in construction, where the toxins are in much higher concentration. I vape once a day max. It's just not that big a part of my daily routine to worry about.

I'd be much more worried about glass breaking and accidentally inhaling a piece than the hypothetical negative effects of 316 stainless GR2 TI. Because if that happens the damage is immediate. Not to mention the thermal properties of glass is not always ideal for our use cases, especially for portables.

happyGardener

Let's not forget the good ol elev8r, quartz heater + quartz-screened bowl, essentially all glass heater & airpath ftw pure as it gets really, & as a consequence its full on flavour town w this one, mmm
Edit: actually can do temp control w this one by adding a pid coil wrapped outside the heater (making it the e-elev8r or E43), still keeping pure all glass path.
what is the coil made of? because it's steaming hot, and it's just below your air intake hole. so if it off-gases anything, you would be straight breathing it in, no?

You are looking for a vape with no metal but precise temp control?
can have metal or ceramic heating element, but that would be wrapped in glass somehow, I guess this would be the safest approach

Yeah I'm pretty paranoid myself when it comes to vape materials that are being heated & inhaled through, its very top of my list for considerations/criteria for choosing a new vape really, & there are very few options that don't compromise at least a bit on that front, glass has to be the ultimate current inert material for vapes really that nobody seems to object to & that's why i chose the elev8r. Boggles my mind that so many are so lax about material safety really, like yeah there's toxins in LOT'S of stuff these days, mass produced foods etc, but i hear some folks actually trying to use that as an argument for NOT caring, like "oh you're breathing toxins just walking down the street so why bother caring?". :hmm:Umm hello for anyone with an ounce of self respect that should be reason to try harder to avoid toxins not reason to not care - Ffs it's sad
my only problem with the elev8r is there is no precise temperature control, and I prefer vaping around 160-170 celsius. there is the coil, but the coils are not pure SS no?

If you're that worried about what you put in your body then I'd say you should be more worried about the quality of the weed you're inhaling. Mold, fungi, plastics and other debris in the grow environment, hairs/fibers, etc. Weed is a sticky plant that catches all kinds of shit easily. Even the cleanest of grows aren't immune.

That's a much bigger concern of mine than the safety of stainless steel or titanium.

But I work in construction, where the toxins are in much higher concentration. I vape once a day max. It's just not that big a part of my daily routine to worry about.

I'd be much more worried about glass breaking and accidentally inhaling a piece than the hypothetical negative effects of 316 stainless GR2 TI. Because if that happens the damage is immediate. Not to mention the thermal properties of glass is not always ideal for our use cases, especially for portables.
its organic, outdoor stuff :)

agreed that there are other stuffs to worry about as well, but aren't we here to reduce them?

do you mean like the glass could explode, would go through the bubbler and you breath it in? is there any precedent that such a thing happened?

happyGardener,

Farid

Not everyone vapes because of health reasons. Many do it for flavor, some to preserve their stash, some to limit the smell of smoke.

I've never heard of injuries from glass shards happening, thank God, but all I'm saying is every material has potential hazards.

DaVapeGuy

what is the coil made of? because it's steaming hot, and it's just below your air intake hole. so if it off-gases anything, you would be straight breathing it in, no?

can have metal or ceramic heating element, but that would be wrapped in glass somehow, I guess this would be the safest approach

my only problem with the elev8r is there is no precise temperature control, and I prefer vaping around 160-170 celsius. there is the coil, but the coils are not pure SS no?

its organic, outdoor stuff :)

agreed that there are other stuffs to worry about as well, but aren't we here to reduce them?

do you mean like the glass could explode, would go through the bubbler and you breath it in? is there any precedent that such a thing happened?
You can quote multiple messages like this so you don't have to make back to back posts just fyi :)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

You might like the Tetra P80 (or injector or log vape) but it's not perfect and almost nothing is, you're going to have to sacrifice on some of your desired features to find the right product for you... There are a lot of options these days (also welcome to FC! Instead of posting back to back to back to back replying to many people, you can press the quote button at the bottom of post to collect them, then insert quote when you are writing your post, so you can reply all in one post... Beaten to it! lol)

Old_muel

Ahh yeah true the elev8r isn't precise temp control, number on the screen isnt actual temp but it is pretty stable at it's relative temp & does great low temp seshes when turned down.
The proximity of the coil to the air inlet hole of the heater is something I have always wondered about actually, when i got mine I mentioned to vgoodiez that mine was actually quite a bit closer to the hole than others & I wasn't happy with it but he ignored me on that. In use the coil doesn't seem to start heating while drawing though & I think the thermal lag is sufficient that after you puff on it & put it down it then begins it's reheating back up to temp so I've still used it but that thought has always been there, I like the idea though of the qaroma is it? & i think inverteds one that houses & isolates the coil in an extra shroud so no coil offgas molecules are possible in the airpath.
Yeah everythings relative i guess, i huff on my vape a fair bit while lucky enough to only be in clean forest air so im probly more inclined to think of vape material safety yeah, not worrying about it as such just trying to make consious decisions really, & yeah of course to be healthy we need to be mindful in general about what we put in our bodies & of course that starts with where, how & by whom our food & ganja is produced. For this reason I garden

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
If you are curious you can contact the manufacturer. I think the Auber coils are Nichrome steel.

Top Bottom