Safest tobacco

pizzazz

I love vaporizing tobacco through my SSV, but I'm worried about the health risks of flue- and fire-cured tobacco due to the TSNAs (types of carcinogens) created by these curing processes.

Anyone know of commercially available steam cured tobacco (besides snus)? Is any cigarette tobacco steam cured?

Thanks!

pizzazz,
There's no steam cured smokeable tobacco, I wouldn't really advise busting open a pouch to vape the tobacco either.

I'd suggest picking up maybe an organic rolling tobacco to help cut some of the additives.

Iofthehurricane,

luchiano

Yeah, the tobacco you mentioned is air cured then steam pasteurized. Just get some american spirits tobacco or burley tobacco which is air cured.

luchiano,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
I was looking for TSNA-free tobacco also, and saw the lozenges from Star, and the swedish snus of course.

I noticed when they test tobacco for TSNA's they simply do an extract from the tobacco, they don't smoke it first, so I wonder if the TSNA's from the curing process are going into your lungs from just vaping...? I believe American Spirit is cured the same as all the other tobacco in America, with smoke.

When I was looking for a way to extract nicotine from tobacco at home I was definitely looking at opening a swedish snus pouch, not buying a cigarette, but I'd imagine the flavor's quite different.

I've thought about vaping swedish snus, at least the TSNA's would be absent.

How crazy is it that it is not common knowledge that the Swede's have won the war against lung cancer from smoking? how crazy is it that big tobacco has something to do with that? from the public's reaction to the cigarette *cover-up, or more directly from BT's lobbying efforts to keep swedish snus out.

*seems like people are against tobacco now in general, not understanding that we just got it wrong smoking it, but there are safe ways to enjoy it.

VWFringe,
Top Bottom