Safe to vaporize grain alcohol based tincture?

Pcpvapors

As the title states I have a few tinctures that are about 65% grain alcohol, is it safe to vaporize? I would use it purely as a tincture but my god the taste is like eating a SSV tube that has been used like a combustion bowl.

Pcpvapors,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Heat and alcohol are a notoriously bad combination. How would you go about vaporizing it?

Deadshort480,

satyrday

As the title states I have a few tinctures that are about 65% grain alcohol, is it safe to vaporize? I would use it purely as a tincture but my god the taste is like eating a SSV tube that has been used like a combustion bowl.
Maybe if you evap most of the alcohol. I've thought about this too but am afraid what the alcohol would do to my lungs. Seems harsh so won't do it.

satyrday,

OF

Maybe if you evap most of the alcohol. I've thought about this too but am afraid what the alcohol would do to my lungs. Seems harsh so won't do it.

No reason I see not to try if you trust the tincture of course. But evaporate off all the ETOH. You don't want to be wasting vaping energy boiling alcohol or water off, do that first. Not to mention who needs to suck in hot alcohol fumes or steam?

You should end up with a fair grade of oil, if you have good material to start, you'd think. Fun idea.

Good luck.

OF

OF,
Reactions: ehakim

Pcpvapors

Well It looks like ill play the crash test dummy and try this. Now, hot water evap like when doing bho work best or....

Pcpvapors,
Reactions: OF

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
why would it taste any better being vaped?

what about just using it as a tincture mixed into a drink or a glass of water to help with the taste?

there are sugars in the grain alcohol that will effect the taste when vaping. I'm not sure if they are actually dangerous.

vaporonly,

Pcpvapors

I believe the nasty taste comes from the grain alcohol itself.

The main reason for wanting to vaporize is I suffer with nausea and the tinctures wether mixed in a gallon of water or juices absolutely kill my stomach and make things 10x worse than when started.

Pcpvapors,

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
You can't do anything but apply orally or maybe cook with it in its current form. If you evap all the alcohol you can treat it just like Qwiso.

you can treat it just like Qwiso but just remember that the sugars are still going to be in there. They don't evaporate out.

I would try do a small sample and evaporating it off and seeing how it tastes before doing it all

vaporonly,

satyrday

Well It looks like ill play the crash test dummy and try this. Now, hot water evap like when doing bho work best or....
Don't know about evaporating bho, but just poured into a large shallow container with a gentle fan breeze in a dark area would work or without the fan but would take longer. Quicker ways I'm sure with mild heat but I'm only going to suggest the safest here. Probably sticky mess when finished.

satyrday,

clkman

I was in a fight with a Crash Test Dummy and got my ASS KICKED I didn't see the left "Hook" coming.

clkman,

clkman

On a serious note, I am having a big problem with being able to get a good throat hit, I have tried everything, high pg, menthol flavors, "ice" flavors I've even tried WTA's "Whole Tobacco Alkaloids" which did pretty good, but like ALL of the others after the second hit I get no throat tickle like you do with a regular cig. I want something that will get that hit every time. Do you guys/gals think that the pure grain alcohol with give that kind of throat hair tickle? any information would be greatly appreciated.

clkman,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I would double boil the tinctures gently at a low simmer until the water and alcohol is evaporated off. You should be left with oil that you can vape just like any concentrate.

Winegums,
Top Bottom