• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

S&B Crafty or Thermovape Cera

Status
Not open for further replies.

jk12345

Thank you to everyone in advance for helping me with this decision! New to FC, but have heard great things.

Finally making the conversion from joints and bongs to vapes. Working in a music studio results in ten to twelve joints a day...which has no longer become tolerable by my lungs or body.

So, onto the point. I'm stuck between either the storz and bickel crafty or the thermovape cera.

Looking for something portable, powerful, easy to clean, and something that can get the clients who come to my studio high with little effort (always a good impression).

Mainly using for dry herbs, although I know the cera can do everything which does seem to be a bit of an advantage.

Let me know you're thoughts. Anyone who has used either or both or neither for that matter!

Help me out.
Regards and respect,
J

Last edited:

jk12345

Explain? Regardless, I have a friend who is selling one, so my question still stands.

jk12345,

mestizo

I think the Cera is more appropriate for concentrates, it gets too hot if you do a lot of herbs, the Crafty in the other hand is perfect for herbs.
The question will be more between the crafty and the new Pax 2 if you ask me.

mestizo,
If I were you I would go for a desktop if you really want to impress your clients. It sounds like vaping inside your studio is okay? If that is the case you might appreciate a little more power. I would suggest an E-nano or if you want to stick to something portable then the Mighty may even be a better choice. Having said that I have and love the Crafty. However, I consider my Crafty to be a personal device and don't like sharing it. A desktop or the Mighty would probably offer better service to multiple users.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I am with Gweilo, get a desktop...
in my personal opinion, the Pax or Pax2 is not of any interest to me- I don't like restrictive, sippy draws.

jk12345

Yes smoking in the studio is allowed. Desktop doesn't work because there is no where to easily plug it in at all times and I'm moving a good amount. For portable herbal vapes you guys would agree that the crafty/mighty seem to be the best no? I've heard thermovape is the only one which surpasses but with the news provided above that's no longer an option. Think I will go ahead with purchasing the crafty. Let me know your thoughts.

jk12345,
While some people like the Thermovape products I don't think they are in the same class as the S & B products. imo they are the top portables but you will find labeling anything as 'the best' really doesn't fly on FC. There are so many variables and individual requirements to consider. Nonetheless, imo S & B products are top notch.

jk12345

Crafty vs. Pax 2? Don't think there is even real competition here, but figured I'd throw it out to you FC guys who may have used both.
Thank you again.

jk12345,

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Thank you to everyone in advance for helping me with this decision! New to FC, but have heard great things.

Finally making the conversion from joints and bongs to vapes. Working in a music studio results in ten to twelve joints a day...which has no longer become tolerable by my lungs or body.

So, onto the point. I'm stuck between either the storz and bickel crafty or the thermovape cera.

Looking for something portable, powerful, easy to clean, and something that can get the clients who come to my studio high with little effort (always a good impression).

Mainly using for dry herbs, although I know the cera can do everything which does seem to be a bit of an advantage.

Let me know you're thoughts. Anyone who has used either or both or neither for that matter!

Help me out.
Regards and respect,
J

I owned the Cera, and was never blown away by it's performance for herbs. It had a STEEP learning curve.

The Crafty and Mighty are extremely easy to use, any new vaporist can get very nice hits. And they really do rival some of the best desktop units.

I'd definitely suggest the Mighty over the Crafty in your situation though. It sounds like multiple people would be using it, so the battery life of the Mighty would be a major plus.

The main advantage of the Crafty is the size for stealth/portability reasons. If you're mainly using it in your studio, those things wouldn't be much of a concern. And it's not like the Mighty is that large anyway, roughly the size of a large smart phone.

Without hesitation, I'd recommend the Mighty in your situation.

mestizo

Crafty vs. Pax 2? Don't think there is even real competition here, but figured I'd throw it out to you FC guys who may have used both.
Thank you again.
I just threw that there as an option because the Cera is not even competition for the Crafty, the new Pax OTOH has a lot of improvements over the old one and it has become very attractive again to a lot of folks, BTW I have own a Pax and own a Crafty now.
Some of the improvements on the new Pax are:
Less restrictive flow
Easier to clean
No more mouthpiece problems
No lube needed
Smaller oven
Better flavor
Heat on demand (lip sensor)
Longer battery usage
Smaller size
Evenly cook of herbs
Four temperature settings
Etc. etc.

jk12345

I hear you I hear you.

Portability is important to me. As are the materials used to make the piece. Are the plastics for the crafty x mighty truly fine? The o ring around the bowl and so on?

Also of course, the power is important to me. I personally can take out 2/3 pax bowls before really medicating whatsoever...have yet to try the pax 2 but let's be honest same design same conduction. Hoping this crafty can be a one bowl wonder :)

Let me know any more thoughts. Open to anything in this category (portable, powerful, healthy).

Thank you again
J

jk12345,

mestizo

Pax 2 different design, different conduction, heat on demand, but I still believe the Crafty has the edge, and don't let the plastic fool you, it is constructed well.
But why not the Mighty?
Same bowl, more battery.

mestizo,

jk12345

Whaddup FC,

Hope everyone's chilling. Previously posted a thread regarding the Crafty vape by S&B. Making a purchase on Monday and as of right now he's the one.

Based on these few specifications, do you guys believe this is a good purchase:

1) Health. Worried about he plastics used to produce the crafty.

2) Effectiveness (strength). Have a very high tolerance, smoke often, normally Roor, but looking to go full convection.

3) Efficiency. Pax burns away everything like a piece of bacon , as do other vapes.

4) Portability. Want to bring it with me everywhere, as that's the only way I won't combust!

5) Durablility. Heavy use, want it to last long.

Let me know you're thoughts.
More worried about quality than the price.

Stay up

mod note: Threads merged. You didn't need a 2nd thread and it was posted in the wrong section.

jk12345,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Crafty battery life is very short.

Whatever portable vape you chose, my recommendation if you want to stop combustion, is to buy at least two (not necessarily same model though)

You could get a Crafty and a FlowerMate 5.0-S for instance, or a iMag...

Last edited:

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Whaddup FC,

Hope everyone's chilling. Previously posted a thread regarding the Crafty vape by S&B. Making a purchase on Monday and as of right now he's the one.

Based on these few specifications, do you guys believe this is a good purchase:

1) Health. Worried about he plastics used to produce the crafty.

2) Effectiveness (strength). Have a very high tolerance, smoke often, normally Roor, but looking to go full convection.

3) Efficiency. Pax burns away everything like a piece of bacon , as do other vapes.

4) Portability. Want to bring it with me everywhere, as that's the only way I won't combust!

5) Durablility. Heavy use, want it to last long.

Let me know you're thoughts.
More worried about quality than the price.

Stay up

mod note: Threads merged. You didn't need a 2nd thread and it was posted in the wrong section.

Curious why you're not giving the Mighty another look. Based on everything you posted, I believe the Mighty would be a better fit for you over the Crafty. Same size bowl, same performance, but twice the battery life. And it's not really that much larger, still VERY portable.

The Crafty's battery will last for 3-4 large bowls in my experience. You can expect double that with the Mighty. And if you happen to have drained the battery completely, you can just plug in the Mighty and keep going without a stop. With the Crafty, you'll have to let if charge to ~20% before you can continue using it. Honestly, unless you need the smaller size of the Crafty, go with the Mighty.

I have had no issues with the plastic in my Crafty, or my parent's Mighty's. No need to worry about a high tolerance, both the Crafty and Mighty have the capability to knock you on your ass.

Roth,
Reactions: 215z

jk12345

Curious why you're not giving the Mighty another look. Based on everything you posted, I believe the Mighty would be a better fit for you over the Crafty. Same size bowl, same performance, but twice the battery life. And it's not really that much larger, still VERY portable.

The Crafty's battery will last for 3-4 large bowls in my experience. You can expect double that with the Mighty. And if you happen to have drained the battery completely, you can just plug in the Mighty and keep going without a stop. With the Crafty, you'll have to let if charge to ~20% before you can continue using it. Honestly, unless you need the smaller size of the Crafty, go with the Mighty.

I have had no issues with the plastic in my Crafty, or my parent's Mighty's. No need to worry about a high tolerance, both the Crafty and Mighty have the capability to knock you on your ass.

Just as of today, I'm heavily considering the Mighty. Would agree with you when you say it seems to be the best fit for me. But it's rather huge. Would love the pocket fit, but I guess it can fit in the large pockets (sweatshirt or jacket or back of jeans). Are there any vapes for this price that you would push me towards before this piece? Also with expirience on both you really think it's worth it to shell out the extra money for the mighty? Could just go crafty and charge pack. But the settings on the phone seem a little absurd to me.

jk12345,

max

Out to lunch
Are there any vapes for this price that you would push me towards before this piece?
There is no other pocket portable at this price.
you really think it's worth it to shell out the extra money for the mighty?
It's a purely subjective question. If A, B, and C are important factors to you, but not so much to the person you're asking, just getting a general answer of yes or no isn't going to help you. For some it's worth the extra $, and others wouldn't buy the Mighty for the Crafty price.
But the settings on the phone seem a little absurd to me.
Why do you say that? The default settings certainly aren't absurd, and they can be changed if you want.

max,

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Just as of today, I'm heavily considering the Mighty. Would agree with you when you say it seems to be the best fit for me. But it's rather huge. Would love the pocket fit, but I guess it can fit in the large pockets (sweatshirt or jacket or back of jeans). Are there any vapes for this price that you would push me towards before this piece? Also with expirience on both you really think it's worth it to shell out the extra money for the mighty? Could just go crafty and charge pack. But the settings on the phone seem a little absurd to me.

The Mighty is about the size of a large smart phone (something like the Samsung Note II, for reference), only a little bit thicker. There are definitely pics of people with the Mighty in their front jeans pocket, but obviously there's not room for anything else in that pocket.

If you're wanting this unit to mainly be for your studio, and have multiple people using it, I would definitely recommend the Mighty over the Crafty. The battery on the Crafty isn't great, and you'll have to wait a bit if you completely drain the battery.

I have a Crafty, and love it. But I live in a prohibition state where stealth is of the utmost importance for me. I want to sneak the thing into concerts, etc. But in your situation, I'd have to go Mighty all the way.

Regarding the phone to change temps, it's not really that big of a deal. And honestly, once I found the temps I like, I don't really change from those two that often. And the smartphone connectivity is a draw for some. It doesn't bother me either way, I always have my phone next to me.

Regarding other vapes, I've heard lots of good things about the MiniVap. However, I've never had the pleasure of using one, so can't offer any insight there.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yes definitely Mighty for your group studio use, that will impress people and get everyone really stoned. Closest thing to portable desktop with much power and battery life, big bowl, full temp range, and super easy to hit with the convection and conduction mix. Crafty temp and battery limitations might quickly become a hassle with big groups and long hours in the studio of back to back sessions of several users...

I suggest you check out the last 20ish pages of the Grasshopper thread btw in portable thread candidates, they're near release, and very reasonay priced. You should get the mighty now for your studio use (and personal use meantime), and then pre order a $135 ss Hopper (plus spare batteries only $7) so you'll have a super portable on the go option that won't sacrifice on power (GH is on demand d pure convection, early review from the Vaporizer Wizard aka @BuzzDanklin is crazy power. He compared it to the Crafty even...

Shit Snacks,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom