• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Runny eggs (over easy) make me gag and I don't like them

2 Cycle

I know a lot of you like over easy eggs. I am not here to berate you or call your tastes gross. I simply cannot stand eggs cooked like this. To me, a proper egg has a hardened yolk and the whites are solid. I am able to put my fork through the yolk and it stays together, not break apart and liquefy all over my plate. Am I alone?

HD Springer

I absolutely love over easy eggs. Even over medium eggs are great. I think scrambled eggs have a weird smell and flavor.
For myself I love 2 eggs over easy or over medium,sausage patties, hash browns,and a couple pieces of white toasts. Might just be my all time favorite meal.

lwien

Unfortunately, i don't think my heart and circulatory system like them as much as I do, so I don't partake too often....

Most recent studies show that eggs are not bad for your heart or circulatory system, but like most things, don't over do it. Suggested that healthy adults can easily tolerate 7 eggs a week without any negative effects whatsoever. In fact, they've been shown to help reduce the chance of getting a stroke as well as raising the good (HDL) cholesterol. They're actually really good for you.

However, if you have diabetes or any kind of preexisting heart condition, it is recommended that you consume no more than 3 eggs a week.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/good-eggs-for-nutrition-theyre-hard-to-beat#1

http://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/are-eggs-risky-for-heart-health

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...terol/expert-answers/cholesterol/faq-20058468

As far as how I like my eggs, I'll take 'em any way I get 'em.

Last edited:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I often find myself wishing I had more toast...always a debacle between dipping them in my runny yellow yoke or her thick white gravy! Over medium is the way to go...white all cooked, yellow hot and runny!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I like a fried egg that has a slightly runny yolk with no slimy stuff. I like to dip my toast in it.

I love French toast!
french-toast-horiz-a-1200.jpg

Is there nothing better than French toast for Sunday breakfast? Thick slices of bread, soaked in a mixture of beaten eggs with milk and vanilla, sugar. Toasted in a frying pan, and served with butter and maple syrup, with a dollop of whipped cream, this has to be one of my favorites.

Last edited:

lwien

When I was a little kid, I remember my Mom would make something she called a "Hole in One". What she did was take some white bread and take out a pinch of bread in the middle to leave about a one and half inch hole. She'd then place that slice of bread in a frying pan of butter, turn up the heat and then crack open an egg on top of the bread so that the yoke would fill the hole.

Kinda like a pre-dipped toast with egg.

Vitolo

Vaporist
When I was a little kid, I remember my Mom would make something she called a "Hole in One". What she did was take some white bread and take out a pinch of bread in the middle to leave about a one and half inch hole. She'd then place that slice of bread in a frying pan of butter, turn up the heat and then crack open an egg on top of the bread so that the yoke would fill the hole.

When I was a kid they served that often. They called it a "Gas House Egg".
N.Y.C. Luncheonettes had them listed that way on the menus.

HD Springer

I've heard of this dish. And thought there was a name for it but couldn't come up with it.
I really like to take my plate of food(2eggs over easy,sausage,hashbrowns)cut it all up and mix together then scoop on my toast and that's my perfect way to eat eggs. There is no substitute in my eyes. And I too often run out of toast @nosmoking. If I add a side to my breakfast it's usually more toast.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I think I've had eggs every way mentioned here, except in an avocado which sounds good. I love eggs every which way.

I find over easy to be too much heat. I like the yolks runny and the whites white and not snotty. Instead of over easy, drop your eggs in a hot cast iron pan and cover briefly with foil. The top of the yolks will turn white without needing to flip them over. Perfect with toast and heirloom tomatoes.

Squiby

My mom used to occasionally make an "egg in a basket", but her most frequent breakfast dish, my all time favourite (as were many of my childhood meals. My mom was an excellent cook), was what we called "German Eggs"; saute some onions till translucent. Add a couple cups of cream or whole milk and when hot, crack some eggs into the cream onion mixture and poach till done. Scoop an egg with those onions out of the pan and plop it onto some toast....Yum, yum!!!

I often make this for company. It's a popular favourite.

BD9

I made this for breakfast today. It's a Jamie Oliver recipe

1 can of cannelleni beans
1/2 lemon
A little extra virgin olive oil
Basil
Fennel seeds
tomatoes
2 eggs
And ricotta on sour dough toast.

The eggs poach on top of the beans. I over did the eggs a little and the yolk was hard. But yeah, I like my eggs over medium with a runny yolk

KADF1v6l.jpg

ChooChooCharlie

I agree with OP, but rest of family loved runny yolks. Folks were from WI, always called them "eggs in a frame." When I asked about the name, I was referred to a well worn 1957 Betty Crocker cook book. Found this image on google. They were considered a failure if the yolks were not runny when pierced -- uggg, even sounds horrendous to my ears.

QHVL2qn.jpg

@CarolKing - just ate "Lost Bread" in New Orleans, and had to take a pic like a tourist. Thin, almost crispy, delicious. Never had them like this.

Ui2nZ5T.jpg

TeeJay1952

As a youth I had 4 years in restaurant game. 3 years as "eggman" in a 300 seat circus. I would go through 1000's of eggs every Sunday. I would have albumen to my elbows. I could not eat eggs until the 2000's because I had such an adverse reaction. Variation on how prepared is amazing. Folks tell you what they got as a kid (runny, dry, burned and on) is the Bible and no other way possible.

Baron23

Iron skillet with just a bit of oil in the bottom, cut up tomato and cook while covered in skillet until getting soft.

Crack eggs and put in the skillet and cover again.

Just before eggs are done, crumble some Bulgarian Feta cheese into the mix (actually, a LOT of feta works well LOL) and cover again for just a minute or two.

Eat with large piece of wonderful fresh Italian bread from NY or S. Philly bakery to sop up the juice and this is breakfast heaven IMO.

Grandmother used to make this for me. :)

Top Bottom