• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Running Flowers with Seeds

chronickiller7

So I just got a q that has some seeds, and I have found some seeds are actually in the buds, making it very hard to see/ remove all seeds. Is it fine if I just leave the seeds if I'm making bho? I just vaped some of the flower (removed seeds) and it was great. Would make some great oil. So should I remove the seeds, or let them be?

chronickiller7,
Reactions: DieHard

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
Should be fine. If it's too much I'd take some time to remove them so that the run would go smoother and you'd prevent any thought of clogging to occur. If it's not that many, you can just leave it as is. Long as your quality is good, your oil should come out to expected provided that you got quality butane or co2 cans.

CG420,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

chronickiller7

I use vector or Newport tane. I will be using Newport for this run. And while there were 4-5 seeds just in the bag, the majority of them are actually in the buds somehow. But I was thinking of hand breaking the nugs instead of grinding. I just didn't know if the tane would extract anything weird from the seeds, kind of like how smoking seeds causes headaches, I wasn't sure if it would affect the run.

chronickiller7,

DabComa

Stuck in Dab Coma
I would suggest removing as many as possible as per your idea of hand removal, not grinding. I personally wouldn't run material with seeds. I am unfamiliar with the specific makeup of a seed but I'm positive that their would be some sort of undesirable buildup of something you probably don't want in your end product, which most likely isn't gonna kill you from a hit, but probably isn't good, and could you imagine how horrible it would be if you ran it and all of it tasted like horrible seed hits? Lol, wouldn't be very good...

DabComa,

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
Seeds don't necessarily have a taste when you are running tane through it. I don't think you get the same effect as smoking as this process only requires the oil glands to be frozen off the buds and drip it's way down to your glass. I assume if your herbs are good you don't have much to worry about once you go into purging. I'm just saying that a few won't hurt, but grinding might help. I don't think it affects quality all that much. Just remove all seeds to rid any further paranoia during your run. Hope it turns out good. Show us some updates if possible.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
SEEDS=:puke:
And while there were 4-5 seeds just in the bag, the majority of them are actually in the buds somehow.
:rofl::lmao::lmao:

Seriously, though your run will not suffer from breaking up and removing the seeds.
But your run COULD taste really bad with them. There is water in there too that you don't want in the mix. It's only a Q...

DieHard,

chronickiller7

Hahaha. I just don't want a bad taste and/or bho that gives me a headache, since I use bho to help relieve headaches and migraines. I will doing the run later today, and will post results.

chronickiller7,

tepictoton

I did a run once with bud that had lots of seeds from an outdoor grow and it was a waste of time, bud and tane...:2c:

So if there are a lot of them, better try and pick them out.

tepictoton,

darkrom

Great Scott!
One time I had a 1/4 with literally 40+ seeds. It was supposed to be cannatonic and hermied. Made some of the best bho I ever made on that batch full of seeds lol. I think it has little to no effect with bho.

darkrom,

DabComa

Stuck in Dab Coma
Wow very mixed options on the matter here I'm interested now to see how it comes out keep us posted

DabComa,
Reactions: SD_haze

tepictoton

Yeah, me too hehe...

but just to clarify a bit, my oil never came out as dark as with the seeds...really had more of a baking oil flavor to it lol...also was not the best weed in the world, but still, I did not expect the oil to come out black :o

tepictoton,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I've done seedy bud runs of bho and found the flavor affected (found it more woodsy tasted). Since, I either hand break up the buds over a 100 mesh screen and gravity sift the seeds out... then removed the sorted seeds, take the keif and de-seeded material and do a butane jar soak (or just further sift the materials and only run the keif.

Much better results and less anxiety over washing seeds with undefined findings from others on whether it is 'safe' or not to include seeds with butane runs.

If I ran water extraction I wouldnt be concerned at all (like dry sifting the lot).

smokum,

chronickiller7

Here it is! I tried removing seeds for the first eigth of the quarter, but gave up because it was taking too long lol. But it did not affect my yield/quality in any way, other than the fact that the weight in seeds was weight of bud I normally would've had. It's a medium-hard sap, but it's a snap and pull. Stable at room temp, but warms up when you hold it. I normally get a solid piece of shatter, since I use a mini oil slick to shape it. I blame the "sap/snap and pull" issue on the fact I put the piece of oil on the oil slick into the oven while the oil was too warm. I should have let it cool to room temp first. But it is really golden and clear. I only heat purge. I normally use a hot plate and double boiler system for purging, but I put the blast pan right on the hot plate since I didn't have an extra dish.

This chunk weighed out to .88 grams.

Last edited:
chronickiller7,

chronickiller7

I'll be doing another run soon of a different strain, this time I'll skip the freezer part and get some true shatter. I'll be posting pics and stuff on my Instagram.
Follow me: 710_jazz

chronickiller7,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Do You all Remember when you couldn't buy sensimilla and ALL herb had seeds. We had some fine hash oil back then when all buds had seeds "actually in the buds"(truly laughed out loud when I read that).

carry on all and enjoy the fruits of our beloved Herb.

:peace:

Top Bottom