Runescape and other online games - anyone play?

throwawaytre3s

Hey everyone, so my semester is ending and I'm looking for work. In the mean time, I plan on playing a decent amount of Old School Runescape. I understand that a lot of forum members have a lot of time on their hands, and I was wondering if anyone would be particularly interested in playing? It's pretty simple once you learn, and at $10 a month with membership, and the ability to play for free otherwise, it's a great value I find. Anyone interested in learning how to play, or anyone who already does?

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Runescape was great and I have a few friends who still play and say it's great.

Me and my little brother, we would con people and take them to "a really great weapon up north" and when we got far enough in wilderness we killed them lol.

throwawaytre3s

Me and my little brother, we would con people and take them to "a really great weapon up north" and when we got far enough in wilderness we killed them lol.

I fell for that same thing when I started playing in 2006. Two brothers that I knew in person convinced me to start playing, then tricked me into following them north and getting wrecked, haha.

Yeah, I'm aware, and considered posting this there instead. I felt that thread is more directed at single player games, I haven't seen many mentions of MMOs in there, and I was thinking of organizing an FC online gaming group if there's enough interest.

stoneleopard

I used to be pretty hardcore into RS, and had a bit of a stint on OSRS. Can't do it anymore, claimed too much of my life.

I do like that they implemented the bond system later on though, much rather spend a bit of ingame money for membership than real money.

stoneleopard,

throwawaytre3s

I used to be pretty hardcore into RS, and had a bit of a stint on OSRS. Can't do it anymore, claimed too much of my life.

I do like that they implemented the bond system later on though, much rather spend a bit of ingame money for membership than real money.

Yeah, it's fairly easy to make a bond now, particularly so if you already have membership and decent levels. It's pretty great for killing time, I can easily see how it'd take up too much of your life. It's funny though, for me, it's the other way around. I mainly play osrs, and had a brief stint with RS3 recently. I kind of stopped playing actually though, for the past month or so. I should log in later...

throwawaytre3s,

stoneleopard

Yeah, it's fairly easy to make a bond now, particularly so if you already have membership and decent levels. It's pretty great for killing time, I can easily see how it'd take up too much of your life. It's funny though, for me, it's the other way around. I mainly play osrs, and had a brief stint with RS3 recently. I kind of stopped playing actually though, for the past month or so. I should log in later...

I never really played RS3, pretty much abandoned my account when that came out because it was weird. Was most active on RS2. I found even on f2p it was pretty easy to get bonds on OSRS, but I had years of experience merching on GE.

ginolicious

I use to play this game maybe 15-20 years ago. I’m shocked it’s still being played. Are we talking about the same online based RPG that was free in the late 90s early 2000s?

ginolicious,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY

The classic con...or wasnt there some sort of dragons or some shit up there? You could run them by a dragon and hopefully they get killed instead of you?

Used to play back when I was in middle school...maybe high school too? I was a little shit now that I think about it. There were a couple times I befriended somebody, said "lets exchange account info and see what kind of supplies each other has in the bank." I give them the wrong password for mine, then I change their password, locking them out...take all of their shit and dump it around the back of the bank, log out quick and go back to my guy, pick up their shit and put it in my bank. Kinda fucked up of little middle school me.

Details may be a little foggy...that was so long ago!

BrianTL,

KatchSim

Sorry, but I don't think that I would like to play in such a game. I don't like old looking games. I like to play modern and fast games like Rocket League. I can't say that I am playing like a real professional, but I at least tried to gather such a cool inventory as they have by playing rocket league trading. I think that it's the easiest way to make a cool inventory without paying money or with investing only a little bit. I even succeeded to make money on this.

KatchSim,
Top Bottom