RSO? Oils? Shatter? Suger? Dabbing?

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I've never tried vaping anything but flower, trichomes, and a bit of hash. Though I smoked and now vape almost daily, I don't even know what dabbing is. But with all the stuff now available legally just a few miles from here, I think I should try some of the wares! I've got the liquid pads and the liquid dosing caps for my Crafty. Can I use RSO and UKU oils with those pads or do I need to do something else? I've already purchased little syringes of both, so I'm ready. I'm a bit confused, as both syringes say "For Oral Consumption Only". Any instruction appreciated. And can I use my vapes--Crafty, Fury 2, VapCaps--with shatter or sugar? Where can I learn the basics of dabbing? Thanks.

Last edited:
Polarbearboy,
Reactions: P.A.M.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
You bought products that are intended for oral consumption NOT FOR VAPING OR PUTTING INTO YOUR LUNGS. Your retailer should have done a much better job educating you on what you were buying... no problem with wanting to try something new, but better retailers will help guide you.

don’t vape rso. Just ask for a vapable concentrate on your next visit. This might include shatter, resin, Rosin, wax, sugar, sauce, etc.

Drop in into the Concentrate for Noobs thread, it is a sticky thread in the concentrate forum. Lots more people are following and will contribute to your answers.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
now now , don’t listen to what the label says :rofl:

RSO is a tricky one , the syringe says oral use only , rick simpson website says not to smoke it , and then you have mail order marijuana places in Canada who sell RSO cartridge. i would say smoking RSO really depends on who made it and how it was made perhaps, use at your own risk or check with people who made it . i tried to read more on it , i found no concrete answer .

cherry oil/ rso seems to be the same or very similar to each other .

Honey Oil is simply Cherry Oil put through a winterization process to take out fats and waxes , purifying the oil that extra step ..

as far as what to dab in what vape , you’ll get the hang of it what runs , leaks etc rsther quickly . vapcaps have a special coil for concentrates or some people use hemp fibre to absorb oils or whatever from reaching screen or heater for other vapes ...

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
You can vape concentrates from those devices, but you really need a "nail" or "banger" for a proper "dab" experience. What we call dabbing is simply conduction vaporization.

It's true that RSO is often made with different solvents, it's not generally dabbed, though some of it is prepared that way. Id tend to avoid it due to that variability. Personally I only suggest solventless extracts like rosin, or full melt hash for dabbing.

My philosophy for concentrates stems from the cooking oil industry - since cannabis oil can easily be "expressed" like olive oil or avocado oil, I don't feel that solvent extraction is necessary. This is very different from something like vanilla bean, which has such a small amount of essential oils that a solvent extraction is required.

Last edited:

C No Ego

RSO ( FECO) is generally more of a mix of a lot of plant parts as it's intended to be ingested... the chlorophyll ETC... is not an issue in that case... the other dab forms have been winterized or something to remove waxes and esters from the oils so that it is cleaner

C No Ego,
Reactions: macbill

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I imagine RSO would stain the fuck out of a banger. I would never put it in one of my bangers.

Ramahs,

C No Ego

that is better than the guy on youtube who vaped Ghost peppers ! dudes face, swollen up like a balloon

C No Ego,

uncanni

Dude took one for the team. Hopefully his video has prevented others from the stupid attempt.

I see your point: it was indeed a noble sacrifice.... except that we already knew that RSO would KILL YOUR LUNGS!!!!!

uncanni,

darbarikanada

I've got the liquid pads and the liquid dosing caps for my Crafty.

I have a mighty - it should work the same as your crafty. I've had good experiences with wax on top of the liquid pad, and with bubble hash under the liquid pad. hard hash works under the pad too, but you have to flatten it really thin (~1/32"), then chop it into tiny pieces.

don't overload wax (.03-.04g is plenty) or things can get messy in the cooling unit + bowl. I've had good luck @ ~170-190ºC with wax - nothing left in there when it's spent. if you're nervous about putting bubble hash under the pad (some people worry that it could get into the heater), you can put it on top of the pad, but you need higher temps, and you can't put in more than ~.05g (it won't fit). if you're okay with bubble hash under the pad, I've gotten good results @ 170-200ºC. hard hash will probably need 190-210ºC.

a lot of people like 'sandwiches' - wax or hash surrounded by flower, but I personally enjoy the flavors (and effects) of individual products instead of mixing them up. humans have been smoking hash for a few thousand years, but now we can actually enjoy the flavor of it (and not cough our lungs out).

hope this helps.

darbarikanada,
Top Bottom