Rosin use, vape at 445 F vs dab??

MinnBobber

Awaiting rosin tech press equipment but trying to learn/prepare.

How would you compare rosin on hemp fiber in a Herbie at 445 F VS the more rosin focused dab on D-nail or NewVape piece?

4/20 sales today on some dab pieces BUT I'd rather not spend unless it is much better experience. How would the two methods compare? Do I really need a "dab setup"????

Thanks for any help

MinnBobber,

shredder

Awaiting rosin tech press equipment but trying to learn/prepare.

How would you compare rosin on hemp fiber in a Herbie at 445 F VS the more rosin focused dab on D-nail or NewVape piece?

4/20 sales today on some dab pieces BUT I'd rather not spend unless it is much better experience. How would the two methods compare? Do I really need a "dab setup"????

Thanks for any help

I've tried vaping rosin off hemp fiber in a dynavap, mighty, underdog, and I have a sic halo from dnail. No comparison the dnail rig is way better in taste, and much less wasteful. My dnail rig is my favorite and best vaporizer and I own a shit house full of vapes, lol. Many people have told me they never guessed rosin could taste this good on a dnail.

biohacker

I've tried vaping rosin off hemp fiber in a dynavap, mighty, underdog, and I have a sic halo from dnail. No comparison the dnail rig is way better in taste, and much less wasteful. My dnail rig is my favorite and best vaporizer and I own a shit house full of vapes, lol. Many people have told me they never guessed rosin could taste this good on a dnail.

This is my experience as well. I completely abandoned flowers a couple of months ago in favour of going rosin exclusively and went on a mission trying to find the best vaporizer for rosin. I concluded that my favourites were the Herbalizer, Supreme, and E-Nano.

However the D-nail SiC halo has completely made anything else redundant! The hemp fibre/ or cotton takes away too much taste (and can add flavour I don't want), the convection heat makes it harsh, and nothing has matched the effects that I receive from proper conduction dabbing on an e-nail with SiC dish!

Oh yeah, the SiC halo is also way more efficient IMO!

MinnBobber

The hemp fibre/ or cotton takes away too much taste (and can add flavour I don't want), the convection heat makes it harsh, and nothing has matched the effects that I receive from proper conduction dabbing on an e-nail with SiC dish!
.......................................................................................
Did you ever try the Herbalizer with a SS concentrate pad and rosin? Would that be a step up over hemp fiber??

biohacker

Did you ever try the Herbalizer with a SS concentrate pad and rosin? Would that be a step up over hemp fiber??

No and yes! :brow:

When I had my herbie I only had the pleasure of experiencing shatter at the time, and they were the tastiest shatter hits i've ever experienced. I definitely think using the fan and cranking to max temp is a step up over the hemp fiber, however I HATE bags. SiC halo made it all redundant for me.

MinnBobber

When I had my herbie I only had the pleasure of experiencing shatter at the time, and they were the tastiest shatter hits i've ever experienced. I definitely think using the fan and cranking to max temp is a step up over the hemp fiber, however I HATE bags.
Thanks, glad to hear--since Herbie worked great for shatter, I'll try with rosin when my press gets here. I'm not a bag fan either, never used MY Herbie with bags. Tried with a friends but prefer more direct vapor.

I only use my Herbie with miniVAP Flexicones so Flexi with a SS conc pad is worth trying---before investing in dabbing equipment.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Problem with SS pads is you are vaping residual byproducts from every dab until you do a thorough cleaning with solvent. Eventually fresh flavors start merging with reclaim flavors. They require a lot of maintenance to taste good. Honestly I'm not a fan of them at all.

That said, if you just use rosin as a treat I don't see anything wrong with it. But if you start vaping rosin daily nothing will beat a proper e-nail setup IMHO. A SiC Halo or 25mm quartz banger setup would be my preference. Liger Air coming soon too.

Top Bottom