Rosin Technique....Easy DIY Solventless

JCat

Accessory Maker
This is some Miracle Alien Cookies I pressed at 195F ... super nice and super terpy and a 24% return on the 5g bottle-tech press.

Going to try this one at 185F next as it's super sappy still. In comparison I pressed some Apple Pie that got about 22% yield (also super terpy) but buddered and almost turned to crumble on the plates at 195F; so the Apple Pie I'll be trying at 205F next :) (each strain is different!). Both at 1.5tons on the press gauge, which is ~ the same on the puck as the end diameter of my puck is approx the same size as my ram (ie. ~3,000psi).

Miracle Alien Cookies:
mac-drip.jpg

mac-done.jpg

Apple Pie:
ap-done-Copy.jpg

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Fuck a drawer,
Thanks for the tip. Was half kidding about the drawer, but it will be a slow developing play getting a perma set up.
Bought the press from Freight Harbour a couple weeks ago as a "work tool" that will also "come in handy around the house" as far as Mrs Fizz knows. Can't show is true purpose just yet. :D

Those look awesome @JCat
Thanks to you , @invertedisdead and everyone else for the tips and tricks. :tup:

Grifo

Ooooohh boyo.

Just ordered some Dabpress plates off Amazon.ca I'm already giddy. Going to crappy tire to grab their 10 ton press on sale 40% off.

Guess I'll be spending some time in this thread over the next few days while I wait. :freak:
was it a flash sale? i got mine from one of those too

JCat

Accessory Maker
Canadian Tire always has sales on their Mastercraft (ie. Canadian Tire brand) stuff of up to 70% off ... so you can get some pretty decent tools for a pretty decent price (I got my 10-ton benchtop press on sale @ $160 CAD on a similar sale ... discontinued and on sale ... so was regular $350 I think ...)

MegaMan2k

What temp. do you (anyone) prefer for this flower rosin type concentrate to be vaped/dabbed at?

Love the taste of low temp dabs for sure but feels like the effect from them can actually worsen my ADHD, makes it harder to control anger / Some times even what i would describe as a anxious feeling etc.

Where as a higher temp dab (not burnt ofcourse) will seriously medicate me for a long period of time like 2-3 hours of very good vibes,

Its not black or burnt in the end when i say higher temp, its just like the resin settles to the bottom of the banger and needs to be rubbed a little with a q-tip before it cleans, where as what i consider the "low" the oil will still be able to move around like water after the rip and cleans instantly since its really just the q-tip soaking up the left over oil,

Im guessing i should just stay away from low temp dabs,
It does seem to carry thru with all the different strains ive tried,(both hazes and kushes and the everything in between)...

MegaMan2k,
You might want to read up on the different terpenes that are in cannabis..... what they do.... and, what temperature they vaporize at.

You might find that the lower boiling point constituents provide a different effect that the higher boiling point constituents.

So, vaping at a lower temp might make you a little jumpy or anxious, vaping at a higher temp might lay you back more.

Baron23

What temp. do you (anyone) prefer for this flower rosin type concentrate to be vaped/dabbed at?

Love the taste of low temp dabs for sure but feels like the effect from them can actually worsen my ADHD, makes it harder to control anger / Some times even what i would describe as a anxious feeling etc.

Where as a higher temp dab (not burnt ofcourse) will seriously medicate me for a long period of time like 2-3 hours of very good vibes,

Its not black or burnt in the end when i say higher temp, its just like the resin settles to the bottom of the banger and needs to be rubbed a little with a q-tip before it cleans, where as what i consider the "low" the oil will still be able to move around like water after the rip and cleans instantly since its really just the q-tip soaking up the left over oil,

Im guessing i should just stay away from low temp dabs,
It does seem to carry thru with all the different strains ive tried,(both hazes and kushes and the everything in between)...
What strain? Might well be the flower

Grifo

Canadian Tire always has sales on their Mastercraft (ie. Canadian Tire brand) stuff of up to 70% off ... so you can get some pretty decent tools for a pretty decent price (I got my 10-ton benchtop press on sale @ $160 CAD on a similar sale ... discontinued and on sale ... so was regular $350 I think ...)
i thought he was talking about the plates nvm

Grifo,

hweezi

formally cwheezy

It's on sale till the 14th, MRSP was 350, so must be the same one re-branded.

MegaMan2k

What strain? Might well be the flower

Experienced this from both a few hazes, (amnesia and lemon ice) but also from a kush strain, and some more "indica" no name buds aswell,

However, i think whats really happening is just me hitting it too cold even for a "low temp" xP.....

MegaMan2k,

shredder

How are you squeezers storing your rosin? I used to use silicone containers, then switched to glass. Now patients are complaining about the glass being too messy and want silicone containers back, lol.

Any other good options? I looked at oil slick clear sheets, but I think some of my rosin might leak out. Not sure what else is out there.

shredder,
Reactions: Madri-Gal
I agree. Silicone stinks and, no doubt leaves a trace. However, glass is a pain in the ass. I have not tried the 'lipless' jars yet.

Hackerman,
Reactions: shredder

MegaMan2k

This again,
7ml glass jars are 99.99% cleanable by hand if you have a flat tool to scrape, which everyone should have, educate your patients and they will no longer complain!

MegaMan2k,
Reactions: JCat

shredder

This again,
7ml glass jars are 99.99% cleanable by hand if you have a flat tool to scrape, which everyone should have, educate your patients and they will no longer complain!

Ya right, no longer complain, lol.

If you read my post, I've already switched to glass and they no likey. I'm looking at alternatives, not force feed them something they don't like. Theyre telling me they like the silicone better. I think glass is safer myself, but that doesn't solve the messiness. I know glass can be cleaned.

I'm looking for a third option.
If there is none I'll give them what they want, but also give them some dab jars and encourage their use. Not sure what else I can do.

hd_rider

This again,
Yes, glass is cleanable. But to be honest, I hate storing concentrates in glass,especially shatter and rosin. The shatter and rosin is so sticky and tacky that it always sticks to the glass. Yes, a flat tool will remove most of it but it's a pain in the ass to scrape up as mush as you can.

I've stopped buying shatter that's been stored in those little glass jars and I tell my dispensary folks why. If my shatter doesn't come on parchment paper, I'm not interested.

JCat

Accessory Maker
The little 6mL lipless glass jars fit perfectly in my 710 coils 30mm banger, so I put them right in the banger for my last dab, and then q-tip clean while still warm/hot then clean with ISO wipe and it’s 100% clean and ready for re-use .... no waste :)

shredder

The little 6mL lipless glass jars fit perfectly in my 710 coils 30mm banger, so I put them right in the banger for my last dab, and then q-tip clean while still warm/hot then clean with ISO wipe and it’s 100% clean and ready for re-use .... no waste :)

Nifty how that worked out.

You gotta link for those jars? I've been buying dab jars off amazon. Silicone as well from amazon, but those are coming from china.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

I don't generally use a dab rig, but have found those jars sit comfortably on top of my nano log vape. After a few minutes the glass warms up enough to liquefy any leftover wax. I rub a small piece of organic cotton around in there and clean up the last of it, then vape it through my gong adapter.

Plus I love the look of those thick-bottomed glass jars. Talk about mud flaps, my jars' got 'em.

Top Bottom